Forums Off-topic

Formatting Guide Part 2 (locked)

31 posts

Flag Post

Standard Tags

The are also the standard tag that are provided to you that you can find the original here and abridged here

Header tags: Perfect for parting off sections to a long post.

The H1

The result is the above in order to achieve this you must add the following around the enlarged text, like so:

<h1>The H1</h1>

Notes: all text below this will be spaced out

The H2

The result is the above, slightly larger than h1 tagged text. To get this size it is done like so.

<h2>The H2</h2>

The H3

It is actually smaller text than than the H1 tag produces ,contrary to what the patter so far has made it seem.

The H3

Images

Damijin has dedicated an entire thread to it so use it :)

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/5/topics/398

Special Quote Situations

In a situation where you want to quote someone who has there post split among many paragraphs using the bq. tag will not work.

For Example:

bq. hello
hi

The result will be:

Hey this line of text is quoted

hi

To Fix this: All you need to do is a add a nifty little HTML tag, the “br”, or line-break tag.

For Example:

bq. Hey this line is quoted 
(insert line break tag here)
hi

The result will be:
bq. Hey this line is quoted

hi

Flag Post

I don’t mean to rain on your parade, but it’s all just html: http://w3schools.com/html/html_intro.asp

Just like the img and a tags.

Though they do have special cases here dealing with the *,: and other characters.

Flag Post

You can use HTML to format your message, but Textile is easier.

To use Header1, you must put a “h1.” at the begin of the line:

Header #1

Flag Post

I totally found H3 first. It was then some people decided to (coughcough) use it :P.

Flag Post

@TheJCS Not all textile commands work here and only a specific few work.

@Marvin it’s not simple HTML or else we would be able to use every HTML command in the forums.

@sylicas What’s your point?

Flag Post

Phatcat is right on both counts I believe.

And the header3 thing is really neat.

Flag Post

I’ve made updates to other things about videos, pictures, spoiler rollover images, and a link to the basic formatting guide. And I plan to add more. I hope the changes I made show up I’m having connection problems so I’m not sure if the changes are being saved or even if the message is going to work.

Flag Post

Why is H3 not working properly?

Flag Post

well if it isn’t then there are about 450 post in this forum that look really bad right now since I use the h3 command in all my guides.

and apparently it doesn’t work anymore that’s a shame…I’m going to go cry now.

Flag Post

To be honest Phatcat, the “H3” (I don’t think) shouldn’t have been there in the first place. If this is indeed a question of textile (Which, as you know, all the other commands we have are based on) then it should be a matter of “H3” being smallest in a progression of text size-altering (did I say that right? :s) commands.

i.e, H1 is a large header, H2, slightly smaller than H1, then H3 which is the smallest, and is either the same as normal text or slightly bigger.

You probably knew that Phat, but this is just for the… uh… something (I forget the word. xO), lets say enlightenment of other users.

Flag Post

Post-count +1? Why?

Flag Post

Massive updates that have flown under the radar. Darn you happy Cogs programmers!

Flag Post

Small text

Adding one space at the top of your sentence renders the following… I put one space in front of this sentence and now my text is small…
To achieve this, do this! Note that the above and below ARE different

I put one space in front of this sentence and now my text is small…

I am unsure how to do this…

Despite me just doing it…

Flag Post

Gah, i dont know how to do the Green box with the last persons text. Or the grey box that you just did. I know a lot of HTML though.

Flag Post

Thats in formatting guide part 1.

Flag Post

If you want to strike/mark out text use

-text-

Flag Post

I can’t make any more edits (although there are some) to these guides since post longer than 1500 characters lose there textile formatting (and editing the post will make the formatting be lost. so uh sorry.

Flag Post

I was going to say that. Why not just use BB codes?

Flag Post

BOLD!!

I’m now complete.

Flag Post

Damn it. Sometimes I can cross a word out and sometimes I cant. I apologize for the bump, but i would like to know the answer.

Flag Post

Admins,

Please Add These In

the

Formatting Help

-aldrin,

Flag Post

Im gonna test the bold text

Yay it works !

Flag Post

How about videos?

Flag Post

Can someone please show me how to cross words out

Flag Post

Is this a good place to test how to format my posts?

I think you can use del and /del for strikeout, I guess I’ll find out when I post this