Forums Off-topic

About Arcane Coder!

22 posts

Flag Post

I just realized that the last part of his name is coder….and everyones like ask Arcane coder to do this ask arcane coder, to that so I’m just wondering.who the heck exactly is Arcane coder the coder? Are you like the Architect or something? and if so can i be your little minion :)

Flag Post

arcanecoder is a very wise kongregate user that helped with the design of the website i believe.

Flag Post

Main Entry: ar·cane
Pronunciation: är-’kAn
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin arcanus
Definition: Known or understood by very few; mysterious; secret; obscure; esoteric

My profile says a little about me. I am a professional developer of many years. Beyond that, its a mystery known to only a select few :)

Flag Post

He’s one of the “gods”… but with honor.

Flag Post

arcaneCoder helped develop some of the original stuff on Kongregate. We’ve also asked for his help with various issues since then. Basically we call him into the office, and he arrives at our door dressed in a white hooded robe, which obscures most of his face, save for the two glowing dots I can only assume are his eyes. He’ll then gently touch our programmers on to tops of their head, at which point they’ll shake suddenly, then fully understand the answers to any programming issues they were having problems with before.

Flag Post

What did I tell ya? =D

Flag Post

arcaneCoder helped develop some of the original stuff on Kongregate. We’ve also asked for his help with various issues since then. Basically we call him into the office, and he arrives at our door dressed in a white hooded robe, which obscures most of his face, save for the two glowing dots I can only assume are his eyes. He’ll then gently touch our programmers on to tops of their head, at which point they’ll shake suddenly, then fully understand the answers to any programming issues they were having problems with before.

That is the weirdest description of someone I EVER heard…I mean seriously.

Flag Post

And yet it remains true to this day

Flag Post

arcanum, -i nt secret, mystery
arcanus adj secret; able to keep secrets.

I think he’s hiding something. Arcanus means able to keep secrets!

Flag Post

Truley Greg that is by far the coolest thing I have read/heard today.

Flag Post

Who do YOU think he is.

ar·caneCoder might not like this post.

Flag Post

all this time i thought he was called arcane codder,u know,the fish.

Flag Post

read his about me…About me

I’m a professional Flash developer and was the original architect for Kongregate’s Flash technology. I’m also the developer of Pillage the Village (link below)

Flag Post

We don’t know that much.

Flag Post

aC needs to touch me on the head.

Flag Post

Wow

Flag Post

i thought arcane had to do with magic, seeing arcanists are like wizards

Flag Post

I think maybe we can lock this now :P

On one occasion aC did “promise” to say a little more about himself, maybe he’ll do it here before it’s closed. Here’s hoping

Flag Post

arcaneCoder is Anonymous…

Flag Post

Must…. quote…. FASTER!!!

[]

Flag Post

I hope you won’t mind me reposting this here but it was something that I always wondered about you.

Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

Are you currently paid for being a Moderator? If not you should be, seeing as you put so much time and effort into it.

Originally posted by arcaneCoder:

No and I don’t think I would want to; except in a special circumstances. It would mean it would become more of a job and would not allow me to step away when I like. The appointments the past couple of years have served the purpose of getting a lot of the load off of me; which I’ve carried for far too long. Getting the forum community going and self sustaining was all I was looking to do and that got done. I’ve got a job and I like being a developer much more than moderating anything.

I got compensated for all the programming and collaboration work I did on the site, but not getting paid for moderation meant that I did it out of personal interest and love for the community, instead of financial motivation to stay around.

At any rate thanks for making Kong a better place :)

Flag Post

That bump.