Suggestions thread (locked)

109 posts

Flag Post

Put your suggestions here

Flag Post

One suggestion I have is to be able to search for multiple elements in a single mine on the surveys tab.

I’ve only been playing for 4-5 days now, and I already have to sift through tons of surveys to find what I’m looking for. It would be nice to be able to show all the dungeons with both iron and crystal, or all dungeons with iron and primordial earth etc.. Instead of searching for just one of the elements and browsing through the 50 or so results that come up.

Flag Post

You can sort your surveys so that they read from location, or by number of nodes, which you may not have known. NOG also has a forum site that has a suggestion section if you click the forum link at the top of the game. This has been requested before, along with myriad other great ideas. Another hint for you is to look for the more rare nodes, in your examples above, you’d search for earth, not iron, as it’s far more common and will give you far more choices. Searching by dungeon location can help you find the closest dungeon with an element you’re looking for, if you are remote mining, this can be extremely helpful.

Flag Post

Suggestion about the regional market. Something need to be done in the “furniture panel” and “craft ressource panel” … it’s very very boring to check all possible item to finally found nothing because there is actually nothing to buy.
Multiple solution :
- a grey colour (with no refresh button) to immediatly see there is nothing.
- a “all ressource” selection to see all crafted ressource available in the market.

i don’t no why there is nothing to sell or to buy here. Probably because the world is new ? but i think that new players don’t know they can switch in the pannel from “ressource” “craft ressource” “furniture”… i only see it after 3 or 4 days. Now i’m the only one selling things in the “craft ressource” and noone is buying because noone see me.

Flag Post

Suggestion about Email.Are there any function to send email to all member of Alliances?
If I could email everyone without doing it one by one(which is really tiring),I can make many strategy among member of Alliance…

Suggestion about transfer goods.Rather than sending to other dungeon,wouldn’t it be better if I can instantly import from other dungeon.I have to change to Dungeon A when I realize I lack something in Dungeon B,which is irritating because I need to switch from B>A>B again…

Flag Post

Suggestion about Forum. I saw somewhere that NO wanted to keep the kong forum , instead of getting a sub forums for Necropolis on NOG forums (i found back : Pellets “we opted to try to do everything from their Forums. It’s not ideal, but we don’t want to force anyone out of their comfort zones.”). So i suggest that the in game forum button links directly to the DO Kong forum, for Necropolis only of course.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PinkPingPenguin:

Suggestion about Forum. I saw somewhere that NO wanted to keep the kong forum , instead of getting a sub forums for Necropolis on NOG forums (i found back : Pellets “we opted to try to do everything from their Forums. It’s not ideal, but we don’t want to force anyone out of their comfort zones.”). So i suggest that the in game forum button links directly to the DO Kong forum, for Necropolis only of course.

I believe it’s actually the other way around.. Kong wants to keep everything here, and NOG is bowing to that. However, being that the game is more than a year old, these suggestions have already been given and approved or rejected by the devs. If you really want to come up with a suggestion here that they haven’t seen before, you’ll have to have a look on their forums on their site. They also have given the community voting privileges on what suggestions to work on first, so I again, suggest looking there. FWIW, all play related stuff I believe SHOULD be kept here on the Kong site, as we are the new and improved version, so we need a new and improved version of what they have there. But again, that means first looking and seeing what they have, then improving on it and making it better here!!

Flag Post

I will pass all of these suggestions on. They’re very valid, and while some have been suggested in the past, it’s always beneficial for the team to hear they are still wanted by a new player set.

Flag Post

besides the functionality mentioned before, i have a few, mostly cosmetic, ideas.

1: on the overworld, when hovering over research and gold, have it display both total income, and broken down per dungeon. (maybe do the first after 2-3 seconds, and the latter a after holding the mouse over it for ~5-10seconds.

2: allow the alliance chat to be re-sizable in custom format. at the moment, if the screen is small, its too small to keep up with if there are multiple alliance members talking. however, when it is on large, it can become hard or impossible to select some game related buttons (f.ex.: attack button on raiding screen, various buttons on overlord assistant screen, etc.)
2b: if the chat size can not be changed, maybe we can be allowed to change its location to be at the bottom OR at the top, depending on user preference. this should also be included IF size is changable to be honest, id love to put it like kong chat on the side of my screen.

3: allow the alliance leader to set custom colors in chat for member ranks. say i want my members to have regular white chat, but my commanders to have orange chat, which is alot more noticable. this would allow me, and members, to more easely identify who is talking.
3b: maybe instead of leader allow everyone to edit at will, and have it saved in local cache.

4: while on alliance chat: at the moment the you can only use the arrow button in the chat to scroll up, but not scroll down. to do that you have to drag the sidebar, which usually goes too fast. please fix this. (i am on chrome, not sure if it is related to that)
4b: also make it an option wether to scroll the chat down as soon as someone talks, or let it stay where you are. this to allow easier ways to read back on chat if one has been afk for a while.

Flag Post

Your feedback has been passed on to the team, and will definitely be used to make Dungeon Overlord even better. Bugs have been passed on as well, but if you’d like to provide additional information, or open an actual ticket in our system, you can contact Support at support@nightowlgames.net, or by using the link on the bottom of the game screen.

As far as the official forums http://forum.dungeonoverlord.com there are now Necropolis Trading and Alliance Forums, as well as the option to choose Necropolis in the General Discussions and Feedback and Suggestions drop-downs.

Flag Post

Please suggest to the devs that they swap out the facebook picture in our friends list for a generic overlord picture, until they can actually make the picture our Kong ones.

Flag Post

Another suggestion: I would like to be able to hover over an arrow on the overworld, and have the icon on the left that corresponds to the arrow highlight. For example, if I have 3 dungeons and 3 incoming attacks, I want to know which dungeon is going to be attacked first, without having to open up the overworld events tab. If I either hover over the timer to highlight the dungeon being attacked, or over the arrow to highlight the timer, it would help.

Flag Post

Both are great suggestions. I’ll pass them on to the team, and hopefully it’s something they can work on, in the future!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl:

You can sort your surveys so that they read from location, or by number of nodes, which you may not have known. NOG also has a forum site that has a suggestion section if you click the forum link at the top of the game. This has been requested before, along with myriad other great ideas. Another hint for you is to look for the more rare nodes, in your examples above, you’d search for earth, not iron, as it’s far more common and will give you far more choices. Searching by dungeon location can help you find the closest dungeon with an element you’re looking for, if you are remote mining, this can be extremely helpful.

I have 4500 surveys. I want to be able to sort by combinations (ie fire and earth) etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl:
Originally posted by PinkPingPenguin:

I believe it’s actually the other way around.. Kong wants to keep everything here, and NOG is bowing to that. However, being that the game is more than a year old, these suggestions have already been given and approved or rejected by the devs. If you really want to come up with a suggestion here that they haven’t seen before, you’ll have to have a look on their forums on their site. They also have given the community voting privileges on what suggestions to work on first, so I again, suggest looking there. FWIW, all play related stuff I believe SHOULD be kept here on the Kong site, as we are the new and improved version, so we need a new and improved version of what they have there. But again, that means first looking and seeing what they have, then improving on it and making it better here!!

This is kong. all forums for games on kong are kept on kong. I do not want to register for an outside website, as us beta players discussed with Nightowl during the beta.

Flag Post

Suggestion about transporting supplies between Dungeons. I would like to see a Drop Off and a Pick Up tab in the Transport menu, Drop Off being what it normally is now and Pick Up being a feature that would allow my goblins to pick up resources from the dungeon they’re being sent to and dropping them off back at their own, allowing for more efficient and streamlined transport overall. For instance, I tell my goblins from Dungeon A to Drop Off 1,000 Iron at Dungeon B for training orcs, but after they drop off the goods they Pick Up 1,000 crystal from Dungeon B to bring back to Dungeon A for training warlocks, essentially allowing you to perform 2 transports in one. Hell, you put a few requirements on it if you want, excluding ones that use money, I just want to see it implemented.

Edit, post thoughts: Originally I thought it out for use in between same-player dungeons, but it could potentially be used for “direct” trade between different players. “Direct” as in having set rules in game, instead of relying on goodwill that the participants will stick to the trade. Preferably, you would send the other player, perhaps limiting trade offers to be only between friends, an automated message about wanting to trade along with details of the trade, and have him accept or reject the offer via a tic box of some sort. By default, the person who initiated the trade will send his goblins immediately after the agreement or at the next opportunity, but the other person would also have another tic box in his automated message allowing him to send his own goblins for the trade if the initiator has yet to send his goblins due to them being occupied when the agreement is made. If they reject, an automated message can be sent back to the initiator that their trade offer has been refused, and have the trade be automatically rejected if a whole day or some other period of time has elapsed without confirmation. In addition, the initiator could choose to delay the trade so it is not automatically sent, but manually send it when he deems best. Some other interesting ideas about this would be having the regional market also include trade offers for other materials with a resource other than gold, who knows. The possibilities are quite numerous. It’s just a thought and probably has a lot of flaws in it, in addition to most likely being difficult to implement, but it would be an interesting feature nonetheless.

Flag Post

sorry apocalypstic but i can’t agree to that. if i’d have to confirm every trade i make id go nuts. just check the trader ranking and you might understand why.

Flag Post

It is a good suggestion Apocalypstic. I’ll pass it on to the team, and if it’s something they want to work to implement, they will definitely concentrate on balance and convenience, while not hindering the players who are looking to do quick trades, and not have to confirm each one.

Flag Post

Would it be possible for goblins that are heading to take over an unoccupied dungeon be able to carry materials with them? I would really be able to send things to start the building of the dungeon like iron/crystal/furniture. Would be especially nice for those who occupy areas far away from their current dungeons.

Flag Post

I suggest tweaking the daily rewards so that every so many logins (i suggest ~14 consecutive days) the daily reward is a small amount of dragon marks. From a marketing perspective, the amount that you give out could be paltry, but in return you are ensuring that many players log in every day and you are getting them accustomed to relying on these marks for things like boosts or transmutes. If players who have not purchased any DM’s see how useful they are, it may persuade some to take the plunge and purchase them.

I do not have the specific numbers to determine if it will prove to be profitable in the long run, but this type of marketing strategy has been employed elsewhere. There is already a small amount of strife between the players to make regular purchases and those who don’t. It is my opinion that a small tweak to the daily rewards will blur the distinction between these two groups of players strengthening the community as a whole.

Flag Post

Nyeborn, that’s a really great idea. I will pass it on, and see what the team thinks.
Smath23, we have talked about offering Dungeon Marks in the past in one form, or another. I’ll definitely bring it up with the team again.

Flag Post

I would like an option for thieves to be able to tell you how much of the resources are in a dungeon when you spy on it. perhaps call it something else in the raid menu and add a difficulty but if successful you can see how much is in storage, elemental confine, vault, etc.

Flag Post

I think the primal boost option should cost less for 7 hours than it does for 8, currently it is 6DM for 8 hours and 14DM for 7 hours, to me that makes no sense.

Flag Post

Battle balancing in this game is very slanted towards more developed players. If you are going to have such a harsh penalty for creatures dying either do one of two things… put a restriction on attacking so only similar powered players can attack each other, or rework the combat system with a bit less of a power spike.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DiscoDuck:

Battle balancing in this game is very slanted towards more developed players. If you are going to have such a harsh penalty for creatures dying either do one of two things… put a restriction on attacking so only similar powered players can attack each other, or rework the combat system with a bit less of a power spike.

All I have to do to drop my power to meet someone else’s is pick up my furniture. Also a player with high level orcs can have higher power than someone with a lower power ghost for example. Power is not always an indicator of strength.