Suggestions thread page 2 (locked)

109 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by DiscoDuck:

Battle balancing in this game is very slanted towards more developed players.

It’s not you know. It’s more slanted towards the defender IF the defender has made a basic effrot to put defences in place and train an army.

Power is a very poor measure of relative army strength, in fact it can be incredibly misleading.

There are problems with some “bullies” who want to destroy people regularly, and there are problems with people doing daft things with their dungeons and trying to defend everywhere, but in the early to mid game you should be able to defend against anyone else in your region.

Flag Post

I would really like some improvement to the AI during battle. It’s frustrating to see your creatures die to what should have been a harmless reprisal because they decide that walking back and forth is more important than actual combat.

Flag Post

We will be looking into some of those behaviors as we get closer to implementing the Advanced Player-Combat features. When you get battle playbacks where Creatures are misbehaving, if you can download that Battle Playback, and send it to Support, they will be able to better review these situations.

Flag Post

work on the priestess AI for sure, she fights instead of heals, charges past ogres and stuff way to much. Not worth it

Flag Post

Could we get an option to toggle off the goblin pop up that reports new things? I find when we have tons going on in game, he comes up non stop and freezes the action. It can be bad when you have 50-100 surveys going on, and 20-30 raids. I know some players dont notice, but its brutal for me.

Any chance of that?

Shark

Flag Post

Shark, it’s not the actual goblin that causes the problem, it’s that the client is updating from the server a lot because every event like a raid hit or similar requires a client/server update.

The goblin is just telling you said update is happening, and while it looks like it’s the gobbo causing the problem, removing it won’t change the actual problem, which is that you’re doing too much at once ;-)

(seriously, you think it’s bad now, wait till you’re vault raiding inactives with all 10 dungeons at 9 outgoing raids at once…)

They have, actually, improved it a lot over the last 6 months, but it still needs further work.

Flag Post

here are a couple of minor usability suggestions:

1) keep the alliance chat / friends state when switching between dungeons / overworld. currently always reverts to friend view

2) report total gold hourly income / payments somewhere (storage?, overworld on mouseover gold?)

thanks!

Flag Post

Mobile app for this version of the game would be nice.

Flag Post

I would like to suggest a demolish option for rooms. This would take them from whatever level they are to level 1 but would not give any resources for doing so. This would be instant and come with a warning so if done by accident it would not be undone for any reason for anyone. If you are a player that didn’t realize that dungeon specialization was needed early on you might easily need days to downgrade your rooms in order to do so. This would give you the option of getting rid of that time period in exchange for not getting any resources back.

Flag Post

Global buffs with cooldowns would be cool. I know a lot of people would like a global: Shock Warlocks (or at least dungeon wide) option. But this can be taken further. You could research an ability that speeds up goblin surveys or speeds up raiding party travel times. This wouldn’t be something that you could use constantly, but something that you can log-in and activate from time to time to take advantage of. The mechanism for this could be a button on the right panel or it could be a piece of furniture (like a monument) that gets activated. While we’re at it, there could buffs to combat damage or resource collection rate as well.

Ideally these things wouldn’t drastically change the mechanics of the game, but provide additional efficiency to several areas of the game in a much less annoying fashion than hunting down and shocking warlocks, and could give people additional ways to upgrade/specialize their dungeons

Flag Post

Thanks for the suggestions, some really great things in the past week. I will let the team know as they work on ways to improve the game.

Flag Post

Hi,

Umm, I’m not sure if this hasn’t already been suggested but, I think we should be allowed to pick up upgrades so it makes to 10x easier to redesign your dungeon because the game states that it’s still classed as furniture so why can’t we pick it up and store it?

Thanks,

Dan

Flag Post

I don’t know about picking up and storing it, but that sounds like an interesting take on it. Players have wanted to move Rooms, but the ability to store the prop would be another way to do it.

Flag Post

Surveying:
More filters for your surveys.
A toggable info overlay which colours mountains to show if they are occupied, surveyed partially, surveyed completely.
An option to share surveys with alliance members.
Automatically have the dungeon closest to the survey target dungeon be the one selected to send the goblins from.

Combat (general)
Choice to hide : none, all, ai only, pvp only. This will prevent people who are trying to get better losing all their units to much stronger players when they would like to defend against reprisal attacks.

Combat (pvp)
Defender’s creatures do not lose levels on death if player is lvl 19 or lower. The loss of an army at low levels ruins a lot of people’s interest in the game. Time and effort (and money) put into the training of creatures only for most of it to be lost is not fun.
Number of levels lost of creatures on attack or defense = 5 at creature level 100 sliding scale down to 1 at creature level 10. Cost in DM to restore creature back at 100% level vastly reduced to compensate (ie make it worth it)
MAYBE Attackers gain +50% bonus resources than what is actually stolen from defender. Combat at present seems an all or nothing scenario. Combat should be encouraged between players as much as possible without setting people too far back. It should also be worth it.
Spy resources. Spy actions can be directed at specific buildings. If present and successful, storage at the time of spying is revealed.

Purchasables (via DM):
Transmute node. Accessible after Stonebinding. Costs 100 DM to transmute ONE node in a dungeon to another of similar rarity (gold/crystal/iron ; primals ; etc). Can only be done once per dungeon.
Survey mountain. Sends 1 goblin to a mountain who surveys the entire mountain. Still takes time for the goblin to arrive and leave but does every dungeon in the mountain which is unoccupied. Costs ?? DM.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nyeborn:

I would like an option for thieves to be able to tell you how much of the resources are in a dungeon when you spy on it. perhaps call it something else in the raid menu and add a difficulty but if successful you can see how much is in storage, elemental confine, vault, etc.

This so much. Add an option for what the thieves can spy out or let us at least see how much stuff is lying around like we can see it at trusted players.

- Please add a ‘CONFIRM’-button for cancelling raids. I have often cancelled a raid because the button seems to be in the same position as the ‘view details’ and ‘close’ buttons for Battle Reports. This freaks me out especially when my raid has already travelled for an hour.

- The Game is heavily unoptimized. From what I read in the chat window, I’m not the only player who has to refresh the game frame every 15-60 minutes, or everything is lagging like hell, you can’t even see your furniture or mine nodes anymore. No idea if this has never been an issue on FB and is something KONG specific.

- I agree that DMs have to be achievable, or at least some daily reward. Games like Wild West Town or Swords & Potions have such things and I think it is a great marketing. Quests giving DMs like during the tutorial isn’t bad either.

- Changes to the game should always be added in the game description. This is standard here on KONG, please follow this standard. Thanks!

Flag Post

I would suggest to change remote mining system a bit.

Right now, amount of goblins increases by steps with increase of resources amounts, time increases linearly with them. So, with every step of goblin amounts, the productivity of one goblin decreases dramatically. In my opinion, that is ridiculous.

I’d suggest giving an option to choose, how many goblins to dispatch for mining, with overall productivity of team increasing with the amount of goblins dispatched, and step function of resource amounts left to determine minimal team for a task.

Flag Post

These are some great suggestions, and definite ways we can look into improving Dungeon Overlord. Thanks, and I’ll be passing them on!

Flag Post

Allow Ogres to conquer inactive players. I wouldn’t remove inactives outright, just allow expansions to be conquered.

Flag Post

With the Advanced Player-Combat options we’re working on, Conquering Dungeons will be easier than it is currently. So, players will be able to take over Dungeons, with less effort.

Flag Post

A bunch of stuff really.

1) a much easier way to shock creatures. Tracking down and shocking individual creatures (I’ve only been here a couple of weeks but already have 20 lvl 30 warlocks) is incredibly tedious and irritating. Adding a shock button next to a creature on the control panel (or even a dungeon-wide shock button, or maybe even a paid-for global shock button) would be a massive improvement.

2) Able to search for combinations of resources in surveys. This should be incredibly easy to implement, just add another 2 boxes for selecting resources and there, it’s done. Having to search through many, many surveys for the combinations you want is incredibly tedious.

3) An option to travel to the overworld directly over a dungeon. Right now, if I want to switch between the 2 regions my dungeons are in, I have to enter a dungeon in the desired region and then go to the overworld from there, a very irritating process.

4) queue room upgrades. Building up a new dungeon to lvl 3s (which is pretty basic if you want to do anything actually useful with it) requires logging in multiple times over several hours. Give me an option to queue the whole lot (maybe double the upgrade time required to provide an incentive for players to log in and do it manually) and I will be very happy.

5) queue raids against settlements (queueing raids against players seems just a but OP). This would probably have to be a paid-for feature but it’s one that would be very nice. Repeatable raids are useful but take a very long time to acquire.

6) Automatic collection of resources. This would probably have to be a paid-for feature as well but I think a lot of people would be willing to pay to have their resources picked up automatically for them (maybe at regular intervals if not instantly).

7) sorting event/battle reports. Yes I know there is some (limited) capability to sort reports at present, but it’s still a cumbersome system, being able to sort event/battle reports to, for instance, show me which raids I sent out before I went to sleep never came back, would be useful.

8) change the icons for battle reports so I can see from the lists which one resulted in creature losses, which ones came back full etc. This is the information I really need and having to go through them all individually to do so is incredibly time-consuming.

9) disable animations. The graphics in this game are CPU intensive and cause constant lag. A simple option to turn off all unnecessary graphics/animations would greatly improve speed of loading dungeons for instance. All I really want to see in my dungeon are stacks, room tiles and creatures (who can just be standing in their respective dwellings). The animations are nice, but given the choice between creatures scurrying around and a fast load speed, I would take speed any day.

That’s everything I can think of for now.

Flag Post

Those are all great. Definitely some things for the team to look into.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karsib:

A bunch of stuff really.

3) An option to travel to the overworld directly over a dungeon. Right now, if I want to switch between the 2 regions my dungeons are in, I have to enter a dungeon in the desired region and then go to the overworld from there, a very irritating process.

this actually exists, three different methods. If in the Overworld, select the Dungeons menu (second up from bottom right icon) and then the dungeon you want. Hit “travel to region” and it’ll take you there.

Method 2: in the Overlord’s Ledger/ Assistant (bottom fight icon), select the dungeon you want and click teh mountain icon second from the left, this’ll take you there and open the mountain you’re in.

Method 3: Map, 3rd from bottom right overworld icon, select the region you want to go to, click it, the game will auto focus on the oldest dungeon you have in that region.

The rest of your suggestions are very good, I especially like the ones about battle reports and creature losses, it would be very good to be able to see at a glance that something bad happened and that you’ve lost creatures, once you’ve got several dungeons and your level gives you a number of outgoing strikes on repeat it’s very easy to get swamped with reports and never notice a thief died trying to disarm traps in an inactive dungeon or similar.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MatGB:

Shark, it’s not the actual goblin that causes the problem, it’s that the client is updating from the server a lot because every event like a raid hit or similar requires a client/server update.

The goblin is just telling you said update is happening, and while it looks like it’s the gobbo causing the problem, removing it won’t change the actual problem, which is that you’re doing too much at once ;-)

(seriously, you think it’s bad now, wait till you’re vault raiding inactives with all 10 dungeons at 9 outgoing raids at once…)

They have, actually, improved it a lot over the last 6 months, but it still needs further work.

reading this, that will probably be what makes me quit in the long run. Thanks for the info

Flag Post

We are definitely working to optimize this experience further. However, when you’re starting and completing a barrage of events, all at the same time, the servers need time to catch up, and communicate with the client. We want to make this process cleaner, and are working to do so.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

We are definitely working to optimize this experience further. However, when you’re starting and completing a barrage of events, all at the same time, the servers need time to catch up, and communicate with the client. We want to make this process cleaner, and are working to do so.

I understand Pellets. however, what im trying to say, is at the mid level and up, you ALWAYS have a barrage of events going on. So its not an unusual occurence, its normal at that point. I am open to helping in any way if you need. I stopped surveying as it was killing me for example.