Advanced Player Combat.

57 posts

Flag Post

Before Dungeon Overlord launched on Kongregate, we asked players to give us feedback on what the next major project should be for Dungeon Overlord™. The players overwhelmingly voted to see changes made to Player-Combat, and finishing the vision for the end-game of Dungeon Overlord.

Even though Kongregate players are mostly just getting into player-combat, we would still love your feedback on our proposals. To review the proposed changes, you can check out the Dungeon Overlord blog.

Flag Post

This has been updated with some changes, based on community feedback.

Flag Post

cached copy for while the server can’t be accessed: click here

Or for those like me who hate to click to another page when things should be in here anyway:

Proposed Advanced Player-Combat Changes

These are the proposed changes from the Dungeon Overlord™ team, regarding Advanced Player-Combat. 
There are three areas of the game that will experience major adjustments. 
They are Advanced Player-Combat, Campaign Game, and Resource Node Quality.

Proposed changes for each of these, are explained below.

Advanced Player-Combat

This section focuses on Advanced Player-Combat Enabled Dungeons, Conquering, and how it will 
affect the 
Dungeons you have already Occupied.

1. Players will have more customizations in Player-Combat.

a.	Attackers will be able to choose the Entrance their Creatures enter.

b.	Defenders will be able to choose where their Creatures spawn within the Dungeon.

2. Players will now be able to choose their Player-Combat preference for Expansion Dungeons.

a.	The Vault Menu will have an option to set a Dungeon to Advanced Player-Combat Enabled.

b.	You cannot undo this decision, once a Dungeon is set to Advanced Player-Combat Enabled,
 it is set until it is Abandoned.

3. Only an Advanced Player-Combat Enabled Dungeon may send out attacks, of any type, 
against other players.

4. Dungeons that are not Advanced Player-Combat Enabled can still be Raided or Spied, 
but never Pillaged or Conquered.

a.	When a Dungeon that is not Advanced Player-Combat Enabled is Raided, 
the Defender gets a 100% Damage bonus.

b.	If a Defender loses Creatures in Battle, they will be counted as Escaped. 
After the battle, the Defending Creatures will return to the Dungeon with 50% of their Health 
and 100% of their Levels intact.

5. Some Dungeons will be Advanced Player-Combat Enabled by default; 
these Dungeons will be vulnerable to all attack types.

a.	Dungeons that are Advanced Player-Combat Enable by default will be clearly labeled
 and include:

i.	The Mountain Heart.

ii.	Dungeons with premium Resources:

1.	– It contains three or more different Uncommon, Rare, or Very Rare Resources,
 or a combination of those types of Resources.

2.	– It contains two or more Uncommon Resources.

3.	– It contains one or more Rare or Very Rare Resources.

The Common Resources in Dungeon Overlord, are the following:

Gold
Iron
Crystal
Primordial Earth
Primordial Fire
Primordial Ice
Primordial Water

The Uncommon Resources in Dungeon Overlord, are the following:

Moonstone
Ruby
Deep Ochre
Dense Basalt
Quicksilver

The Rare Resources in Dungeon Overlord, are the following:

Diamond
Feldspar
Shallow Mantle
Mithril Ore

The Very Rae Resources in Dungeon Overlord, are the following:

Abyssal Mantle
Adamantine Ore
Heart of the Earth

b.	Dungeons that are already Occupied, that fall into these categories, 
will be Advanced Player-Combat Enabled by Default, after a grace period!

i.	Players who are currently occupying a Dungeon, that is Advanced Player-Combat 
Enabled by default, will be warned, in-game, that their Dungeon will become 
Advanced Player-Combat Enabled automatically after a 30-day grace period.

ii.	They may choose to enable this mode before the grace period ends.

c.	Players who do not want to participate in Advanced Player-Combat may wish to
 Abandon any Dungeons that will be Advanced Player-Combat Enabled by Default, 
and Occupy a different location.

6. Conquest will become easier.

a.	Because only Advanced Player-Combat Enabled Dungeons can be Conquered:

i.	Placing a Sapper Confinement will now only require a Level 3 Prison.

ii.	The Conquest Party Technology will be available sooner.

iii.	The crafting cost for the Sapper Confinement will be reduced.

iv.	Leveling up a Sapper will be cheaper.

b.	Occupying a Mountain Heart will become more central to the Campaign Game

i.	The Lord of the Mountain Technology will be available sooner.

ii.	A New Technology will be required to advance in the Campaign Game.

iii.	Players may occupy one Mountain Heart without taking up a Dungeon Slot.

Campaign Game

This section focuses on the Campaign Game and becoming the Ruler of the World in Dungeon Overlord. 
This is greatly affected by changes made to Player-Combat.

Campaign Game Changes:

Alliances who wish to participate in the Campaign game, including the Occupation of 
Regional Crags, Continental Rifts, and the Obsidian Spire, are required to have 200, 
or fewer, members. Alliances will be unable to Occupy a Crag, Rift, or Obsidian Spire,
if they have greater than 200 Members.

It will be possible for all members of a successful Alliance, to be declared “Rulers of the World”. 
This is a permanent title for each Server World. To achieve this, an Alliance must do the following:

1. Occupy a Regional Crag:

a.	Each region will have a Crag in it, with a Crag Heart that can be conquered.

b.	To do this, Alliance members must Occupy enough Mountain Hearts and 
Upgrade each Heart’s new Stonegating Mountain Bonuses.

i.	Every mountain will be given the Stonegating upgrade.

ii.	Stonegating is the Mountain Bonus that will allow players to access the Crag.

iii.	The total levels of the Stonegating Upgrade must equal 400, 
across all Mountain Hearts controlled in the Region. 
The Alliance must, control at least 10 Mountain Hearts in a single Region.

iv.	Controlling a Crag applies an automatic Tax to all Mountain Hearts in the Region at 10%, 
with no Loyalty required.

c.	Only Alliance members who control a Mountain Heart, with at least 20 levels of 
Stonegating Upgraded, may then Occupy an unoccupied Crag Heart, 
or attack an occupied Crag Heart to Conquer it.

2. Occupy a Continental Rift:

a.	A new Technology, Lord of the Underworld, will be required to control a Rift

b.	To Occupy or Conquer a Rift, an Alliance must control at least one Regional Crag and 
Level the Crag’s Stonegating Upgrade to Level 40.

i.	Controlling a Continental Rift applies an automatic Tax to all Crags in the Continent at 10%, 

ii.	The Continental Rift appears in a new Region called the Underworld. In the Underworld, 
you can view all the Continental Rifts and the Obsidian Spire.

3. Occupy the Obsidian Spire:

a.	The new Technology, Lord of the Underworld, will be required to control an Obsidian Spire.

b.	To Occupy or Conquer the Obsidian Spire, an Alliance must control at least one Continental Rift 
and Level the Rift’s Stonegating Upgrade to Level 40.

c.	Once an Alliance controls the Obsidian Spire, they must Upgrade its Dominion Upgrade to Level 40.

i.	Controlling the Obsidian Spire applies an automatic Tax to all Rifts in the World, at 40%, 

ii.	The Obsidian Spire appears on the new Underworld Region of each Continent.

Once the Obsidian Spire has been Conquered and fully Upgraded, members of the controlling Alliance will 
be given the title of Ruler of the World! There will also be other benefits, to be announced later.

Resource Node Quality

This section focuses on Resource Node quality, and proposed changes to Dungeons. 
Please review the Player-Combat section to better understand how Resources will be related to Player-Combat.

Dungeon Node Rework:
1. Dungeons will now have a minimum Resource Node quality. All Expansion Dungeons will have:

a.	At least one Primordial Resource.

b.	At least three total Resource Nodes.

2.	Dungeons That currently do not have the minimum quality of Resources, will be eligible to:

a.	Swap out an Iron or Crystal Node for a random Primordial Node, if the Dungeon has over three 
Basic Resource Nodes

b.	Add a random Primordial Node if the Dungeon has fewer than three total Nodes.

Flag Post

BUMP

Flag Post

Thanks for keeping this topic hot Greenfireflygirl. Any ideas/feedback? or are ya’ll just as excited as me?

Flag Post

Bring it on!

Flag Post

I’d like you to advertise it to more players to be honest. I keep telling people about it, but they have no idea. Not everyone reads the forums. It’s mostly the part in there where you won’t be able to join in the campaign if you are in an alliance of more than 200 people that I want players to take note of. A new alliance forming quickly and taking on lots of new players might be hurting themselves in the long run when it comes to setting up strategically for this game play. You have everyone’s emails. I know you can’t send an in game message, but please, send out a couple of newsletters letting players know the high points. Even just a COMING SOON: Fight for control of the Realm! Own the whole continent! or something along those lines with a link to what the campaign is, but highlight that they can’t have more than 200 members. A second poster could ask for players to post strategies for the campaign on a blog style link, this could be for any world.

Flag Post

We started sending a newsletter email that asks players to check it out and comment; let me know if you get the email and if you like it. (I wrote it, with help of course :) )

Flag Post

Bump!

Flag Post

Did not get the email……

Flag Post

It was sent to everyone who provided a valid email. However, if you’ve unsubscribed from our mailings, marked us as spam in the past, if your filters are set at a high level, or if your email provider recognized the mail as spam, it may have been filtered to another folder, or not allowed through. At this time, I believe all emails have been sent.

Flag Post

Email? Really? Just saying — that’s not going to be an effective way of reaching the Kong user base. We play on Kong in part so that we don’t have to cough up information to every game developer :)

Flag Post

Why not just post a forum topic that actually has the info in it? (maybe like this one)
Then go to all the chat rooms once every two hours for a few days or so and link it along with something like “current update discussion.”

Flag Post

Everything that was in the email, was also on the forums. It was a way to reach more players, who potentially don’t use any of our official channels.

Flag Post

Aye, from what I’ve seen, most users, regardless of server, don’t read stuff that’s there in the game, let alone go to forums.

I got the email, it was fine, it was mostly links to other stuff and summaries.

Flag Post

I am subscribed to your emails, but haven’t gotten this one.

Flag Post

You posted it to the Kong forums? Link please.

Flag Post

Hmm. I feel it’d do better in terms of nodes if Gold, Iron, and Crystal were in all dungeons by default, or there was a tech of some sort to create those nodes.

Flag Post

So when are they planning on implementing this? I also agree with bloodly1 Iron Crystal and Gold should be default.

Flag Post

Crystal and Iron won’t be included in all Dungeons, but since they are a basic Resource, they will continue to be more plentiful that the others. No specifics on when we will be able to release this, but I think it’s safe to say it will be after the first of the year. We don’t want to see it much further beyond that, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

Crystal and Iron won’t be included in all Dungeons, but since they are a basic Resource, they will continue to be more plentiful that the others. No specifics on when we will be able to release this, but I think it’s safe to say it will be after the first of the year. We don’t want to see it much further beyond that, though.

So the before christmas deadline has changed?

Flag Post

my only concern is players scout for the best dungeons, then occupy them. now most of those dungeons will be PVP. if a player does not want to be PVP they will have to downgrade, move furniture, and if don´t have another dungeon slot abandon before starting a new one, or even loose creature in not high enough level to transfer them. I spent $ $ on upgrades to my dungeons and after the release will be forced to abandon then and loose the $ $ I invest into those dugeons or choose to be PVP and have the dungeon conquered by a stronger player.

Flag Post

Could someone please clear something up for me:
It says that you have PVP auto enabled if:
– It contains three or more different Uncommon, Rare, or Very Rare Resources,
or a combination of those types of Resources.
– It contains two or more Uncommon Resources.
– It contains one or more Rare or Very Rare Resources.

Does this mean that you have to fullfill all 3 criteria or at least one of them for the autoenable?
Also if it is at least one: Isn’t point 1 reduntant then since if you got either a rare or 2 uncommons you are enabled by default anyway.

Flag Post

You don’t lose any of the upgrades you purchased when you abandon a dungeon, LopesPipe. And your dungeons are already PvP: after the patch, they will remain PvP. Your argument makes no sense beyond, “I wish I knew this game was PvP before I spent Kreds on it.”

Flag Post

Chip, they are covering all the bases. If you have “better two uncommons or better” it will be default Advanced PvP. So a Gold, Iron, Crystal, Prim Water (for example) can opt out of PvP … but better than one prim and you’re out of that bucket.