The Imperial Propagandist – Issue #2

10 posts

Flag Post

The Imperial Propagandist – Issue #2
Solace’s Only News Source

CHAOS LIVES UP TO THEIR NAME!

In a move that stunned political observers in the halls of Windward, CHAOS announced today they were abandoning their control of the regions of DarkIsle and Bull March, among others. Chancellor MatGB insists this is a mere clerical error and has nothing to do with the devestating defeat CHAOS suffered in nearby DragonSpire at the hands of PWNED or the long supply lines between those regions and their strongholds in Angel Vale. Citizens of DarkIsle and Bull March are encouraged to organize milita for their defense in case they suffer invasion from the Butchers of Dragonspire. [More on the Imperial Changes]

ELVES DEVELOP STONEGATING!

Scholars at the Academy Antiwiki stunned Solace when they announced proof that elves have developed the art of Stonegating. Zodeseeker the Elf Whipped recently suffered a horrible loss at the hands of the elves, who (among other loot) took one of the Overlord’s Vigilant Guard Houses. Seeking to escape their fury, he invoked the expensive magic to move his lair instantly to another region … only to find the elves continuing to attack him from the prior region, motivated by the quality of the loot Zodeseeker took with him. Overlords are advised to take caution!

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ZERG!

During the Great WindWard War, the war criminal NoGoodDeed fled to the frontier lands of Bull March before finally being exterminated. Even in death, NoGoodDeed retains his #10 position on the leaderboards. However, scholars of Academy Antiwiki report that NoGoodDeed’s holdings in Bull March were never raided and recovered. Somewhere in that region, amazing treasures lie abandoned in dungeons guarded only by traps … waiting for a brave young Overlord to help herself to them. The Imperial Propagandist would like to interview those lucky Overlords to hear their story!

KABOOMBA’S OGRE SHRUGGED

In response to last issue’s piece on Solace’s new millionares, Kaboomba wrote: “Only when individual overlords are empowered enough to succeed and fail on their own merits, will Solacian society be able to recover its dynamism and resourcefulness, the very qualities that once made Solace great.” Expect no coddling from Kaboomba, Overlords! BACK TO WORK!

Flag Post

Love you gmb.

Oups, gmv.

Flag Post

Thanks, Masengil! If you didn’t exist, our journalists would have had to invent you.

Flag Post

Letter to the Editor:

When are you going to start talking about the real issues? Many many orcs in Shale Steppe are in need of fostering, they’re being let go in droves and the shelters just can’t handle them! I oppose the ban that certain areas are considering for their Species Specific Legislation, (SSL if you’ll have it) because there truly are no bad orcs, only bad overlords. The fact that they breed them so profusely with no thought to population control or bloodlines just perpetuates the fear and loathing for the species. When taken care of and trained properly, they make absolutely wonderful dungeon companions! I think it’s high time we start looking to our first companions as our dearest. (but not to the point of hoarding them either, they become brutish and of no use when you house too many in one place, I really hope they come up with a law for that)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl:

Letter to the Editor:

When are you going to start talking about the real issues? Many many orcs in Shale Steppe are in need of fostering, they’re being let go in droves and the shelters just can’t handle them! I oppose the ban that certain areas are considering for their Species Specific Legislation, (SSL if you’ll have it) because there truly are no bad orcs, only bad overlords. The fact that they breed them so profusely with no thought to population control or bloodlines just perpetuates the fear and loathing for the species. When taken care of and trained properly, they make absolutely wonderful dungeon companions! I think it’s high time we start looking to our first companions as our dearest. (but not to the point of hoarding them either, they become brutish and of no use when you house too many in one place, I really hope they come up with a law for that)

The Shale Lord agrees with this, and is doing more to promote proper orc management in Shale than any other Overlord. In fact, the fierce ogre that guards the Shale Throne (Mr. Mumbles) won’t go anywhere without his orc comrades (General Mao and General Tzu) who are both advanced graduates of the Steppe Off academy. Thieves might be dashing, and Dark Elves might rain death from a distance, but it is never bad investment to put a bit more training on your orcs.

Flag Post

I’ve liked both of the issues so far, but wouldn’t it make more sense to have one thread for every issue instead of one for each?

Flag Post

A good plan, likeanonion.

Flag Post

A waste of time be the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd headline. Stick to more important things rather than waste time.

Flag Post

I quite like the separate threads m’self, you can see a new one easily and it’s not like the forum’s excessively busy.

Flag Post

I like a new issue each week, especially if it links to the old one, by the time the new one comes around, my warlocks have wiped their asses all over the old one, and I will no longer touch it.