Game crashing from profiles

32 posts

Flag Post

Everytime i go to someones profile, then try to go back to the game by clicking “play”, it crashes.

This happened since the last update.

Anyone else having this problem?

Flag Post

Yup, it’s not just profiles, it’s pretty much anytime you load a text screen instead of a flash screen for me, alliance pages, game profiles, etc. It’s not EVERY time, but it’s more often than not, it looks like the browser isn’t going back to the flash, you can still hear the FX and similar, just not see the game itself.

Very annoying when you know that inactve X has a dungeon you want to raid but can’t remember where it is, etc, let alonce alliance management stuff. I’ve got screenshots.

It appears linked to text links in general not working, I’m so used to using the Worlds tab to log in and out of sessions, and that doesn’t work a lot at the moment as well. I have screenshots to submit to support but I’m looking for a few more details first.

Flag Post

I’m catching back up on the forums, so I just wanted to see if this was still an issue. I know there was a publish last week, have you found this was resolved?

Flag Post

Still an issue, on all three servers. Sometimes, the links at the top grey out and I’ve not figured out when or why, if that happens you can’t click any of them (especially the Worlds link, but none of them work), and if you click onto a profile or alliance page you can’t get back at all.

It’s not happening all the time, but is happening in both Fx and Chrome from what I can see, and I check Pepper is disabled regularly so it’s none of the usual suspects.

(good break?)

Flag Post

its bad.

Flag Post

Alright, I’m looping in some of the dev team to look into it, and see what might be causing the issues.

Flag Post

Since this is not something we have reproduced, and it doesn’t affect the players who are seeing it every time, we’re going to need more details.

When playing the game, if you are aware of what you are doing, and then have either issue, please let support know. There is likely a specific situation causing it, however we have been unable to trigger neither the tabs not being available nor the inability to return the game from within a tab.

Flag Post

50% of the time, when i click on any players profile, after it loads, wheni click “play” on the top tabs to go back to what i was doing, the same freezes up, and crashes my browser.

You also have to realize players doing it are not numerous.

Flag Post

I’ve only had a profile-browsing issue happen once, the first time I’ve tried opening a profile of a player who was in a different region. It wasn’t a total crash of the browser (Firefox 16 -hard to say which version more specifically since it updates so often), but it did force the game to reload. Tried to repeat it but to no avail.

Flag Post

The tabs on top are disabled for me in IE9, IE10 and chrome – so whatever is causing it is not browser specific. It works once in a couple of days for a few hours. With this problem, i have to refresh the full page whenever i click any link that opens profile.

Flag Post

Also, skirmishing glitches training.

If you train, and skirmish, it stops the timer at -01 and you have to quit and retrain

Flag Post

They’re looking into some other Skirmish issues, so hopefully they can address that as well. As for the tab issues, if you can provide any information to Support, they’re working to compile all of details they can, and work with users to try and find a common thread.

Flag Post

Pellets, I hate to be a pain in your ass — but it crashes fairly consistently for all of us who bother to use those functions. It isn’t a support issue, it isn’t a problem that just I’m having. So when ever we point out bugs to you guys that are global and tell us to cough up tons of details to Support, it sure feels to me like you are asking us to do your team’s job for them. You’re really saying that no one at NoG is able to reproduce this extremely common issue? It really makes me wonder if we should even bother telling you when your stuff is broken – it always turns into a request for the players to do more work that the NoG QA team should have done.

Flag Post

We’re asking players to contact Support because as often as we try to reproduce it, we have been unable to. We have had several people look into the issue, and there’s obviously an underlying issue, beyond merely using the tabs. So, we need players to work with Support and they can directly communicate with the players, and work to determine what specific instances cause this to happen. At that time, the development team can look into it further. If players are unable or unwilling to help us determine a cause, it’s not something we can address.

Flag Post

Why don’t you just tell us what operating system and browser you all are using, and then we’ll all just use that. Because it sounds like everything is just PERFECT for you guys.

Flag Post

still happens. still happens since that update. its killing me. i give up trying to click on player profiles for now and make people tell me where to ship to.

It worked before, it doesnt work now

Flag Post

We are continuing to look into the issue, but are still unable to reproduce it. Since you say it happens frequently, please let support know the steps you take when you log in, so they can go about it in that exact manner. Additional details regarding any events you may have going on, including shipping, raids, market sales, remote mining, would also be beneficial. Also things like if you’re viewing the tab from a Dungeon, or the Overworld, if you click the player name from another tab, like the Alliance tab, or if you’re accessing it from the Friend’s bar, would help us also. Likely, there is something else causing the issue, not just accessing the tab itself, so we need to get to the underlying cause, so we can address it.

Flag Post

There is no single repro for this issue – but it is fairly common. I hit it at least once every half hour of game play.

My game play typically involves these things in decreasing order of frequency
- raid elves
- raid dungeons
- pick up resources from overlord’s ledger
- checking various player profiles
- checking alliance members, leaderboards for various categories for the week.
- visiting friends dungeons

Of these, clicking play tab after visiting a profile seems to be the most frequent crash. Sometimes it just locks up browser for a bit before it crashes. I am using IE9, IE10, Chrome on various machines I play the game from.

So far these are the instances in which i saw crash
- switch to play tab after visiting my own profile
- switch leaderboards selection to player after switching to it form alliance tab
- clicking members button in alliance profile
- clicking dungeon link in another player’s profile

This is a very annoying bug because it makes me lose all chat history – makes me feel less involved since I am playing this in afk mode for most part – so I cannot catch up on current events.

Flag Post

We definitely want to get this resolved for you. We’re going to test with the information you’ve provided. Thanks! It’s really helpful.

Flag Post

well? update? this is nuts

Flag Post

I’m experiencing the same issue as stated above. After going to Player profiles I have around 60% chance for the game to crash. Going go alliance page or leader-boards is a definitive crash. I’m playing on a Mac and use Chrome. I have tried it on Safari and it was a bit better with crashes but much worse wit the memory leaks.

Flag Post

Are you all in Alliances? If so, are you Leaders or Officers, or anything like that?

Flag Post

Said, GMD, myself and Shark all are leaders in various ways, I don’t know about Ansi or Click.

Flag Post

I haven’t had it full-on crash on me yet, though I don’t really go back and forth between Alliance, Player Profiles, and the game terribly often (maybe once or twice a week), but I HAVE noticed that whenever I do it… lags, terribly. I’ve had three or four occasions when the game would hang up for three or four seconds, before starting back up again. I’m sorry I don’t really have much to contribute here…

Flag Post

I’m still working through, trying to get it to happen. The worst I’ve had, like Sen Tzu, is having it lock up for a few seconds, but it always recovers, despite my best efforts to make something go wrong. I’m not running on a super machine, and have actually caused the game to crash, but the tabs continue to work. The lag issues generally happen after a very long play session. Not necessarily extremely active, just extensive.

Has anyone seen a correlation with the issues, and visiting Trusted Friends? That’s my next avenue to explore.