Improvement for regional market

9 posts

Flag Post

At the moment, for all practicality only raw materials are traded on most regional market, at least in low level regions.

One major practical reason: Nobody expects any furniture or crafted materials to be sold there, so nobody goes through the paces to click on all those items just to confirm, that nothing is there.
On the other hand, if someone would like to sell some old furniture, or even produce furniture or crafted mats for sale, he is almost chanceless, because noone will ever know, that something is for sale, unless the seller starts to spam in the chat.

IF ONLY ….. all the empty items in the market, where nothing is for sale, were greyed out or otherwise marked, so that any interested person could check with one or two mouseclicks if any furniture or crafted stuff at all is for sale, this could possibly get better. Nobody clicks through 40 or more empty slots, but if it were possible to quickly check wether the slots are empty, maybe a few people would start looking into the manufactured sales.

I don’t know for sure, wether that would be a silver bullet, that immediately starts a massive increase in trade volume, but it could be a step into the right direction, and as far as my little programming knowledge is concerned, this doesnt sound like a very complicated task to implement.

If you read this and are not from NoG, but agree with the idea, please answer to the post to show your general interest. Thanx all

Ghoulking

Flag Post

makes sense. would you summarize this into the suggestion thread please?

its only good to collate suggestions together. thanks.

Flag Post

Great idea, really. There are more than a couple pieces of furniture ive had on the market for a while now, but i never expect them to sell because of the lengthy furniture menu… I beleive as well that long menu is the reason the furniture market is scantly stocked at best.

Flag Post

Improving the Regional Market is one of our top goals. Kongregate players may not be familiar with our process, but recently we started working with the player community on a site called Idea Wall. This allowed us to list our priorities, and ask for player feedback regarding which projects should be completed first. The first round saw Alliance Chat win, then the second had the Advanced Player-Combat vision as the victor.

Right behind that was the Elven combat revamp. Since the Player verses Player and the Player verses Elves systems go hand-in-hand, after we release the Advanced Player-combat update, the team plans to begin work on the Elven aspect. Much of the major overhaul of the combat will already be addressed, so it should take less time to do the Elven aspect.

After those projects are complete, we will likely call for another Idea Wall vote. The Regional Market revamp has been included in the last two votes, and still sees a lot of feedback from players, so we will include that as part of the vote, along with other items we want for the future of Dungeon Overlord. When that time gets closer, I will give you more details.

Flag Post

kongregate players are not familliar with your process because we have not been asked to take part in or informed of any idea wall.

Flag Post

Yeah. Sure sounds like we should stop making suggestions, eh? Kinda dumped a bucket of water on that.

Flag Post

We haven’t had a vote running since Kongregate was launched. When another vote is held, we will let all players know, and ask for their participation. You are more than welcome to continue to make suggestions, however, the Regional Market needs an overhaul, so small tweaks won’t be made. Instead, the suggestions will be reviewed by the team as part of the total project. I was merely stating that we are aware of the need, and plan to make changes, with that, we will be asking for more input in the future.

Flag Post

I kinda dont see the point though. If that is your process, and this game has been on kong for over 3 months now, that means anything we say here is easily 4 months from being discussed, let alone implemented. Why bother? You guys are just going foward with the changes gathered from your facebook server months ago.

Flag Post

We don’t plan on most changes taking as long as the Advanced Player-Combat changes have. However, this was designing a completely new multi-tiered system. Alliance chat, for instance, only took a few weeks.