The multishocker - a useful tool?

6 posts

Flag Post

Shocking locks regularily is the easiest way to keep research levels high. Shocking the locks in a full lvl 4 library is a chore, I don’t want to imagine, what shocking all the 8 locks of a fully staffed lvl 5 mine feels like.

First, you have to hunt each of those little buggers individually down. When you click the shock button, the browser takes half a second to think about how dealing shocks to warlock has to look, lags a bit, the button is greyed out, then comes back. I usually hammer on the mouse button 10-12 times, cause I wonna get it done. The shocking animation, while funny to look at, almost freezes the screen for a moment, and repeated over and over badly tortures the Java Plugins.

Can I please get a library furniture, that when clicked at electocutes all the research personal to 0 happyness, calculating their boost in effectiveness, as if they would have been shocked by hand?

I am willing to build up the Forge to level 3 to get it and spend Chrystite to craft it, but please, oh noble programmers, give the idea a long thought.

The alternative fix, that has been proposed, was to put the shocking procedure into the creature tab. That would at least spare the aspiring Overlord from having to chase his warlocks around the dungeon, like a farmer, chasing a herd of chickens. My solution would also circumvent, the constant annoying lags, and, I like the fluff of it.

Flag Post

Wait til you get an infernal archives dungeon which lets you have 10, 13, 15 or 20 locks per dungeon

Flag Post

Shocking dont causes lagg, and if a single shock causes lagg for you, then guess what mult shock will do

Flag Post

We have discussed ways to improve and change Shocking. It’s something the team plans on doing, in some fashion. Once we’re able to decide on the best solution, we will let players know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by arthur97:

Shocking dont causes lagg, and if a single shock causes lagg for you, then guess what mult shock will do

Arthur. the game, under specific circumstances last i checked, can have a sort of memory leak, which can cause lag when you shock.

Flag Post

Plus, whenever you shock, the server has to reload the entire dungeon, which is the main cause of the perceived lag.