Suggestions Thread (December) page 2 (locked)

68 posts

Flag Post

how about rotating furniture, it can face left or right. Also pillaging is not fair for low lv players. i only keep playing because I spent $80, and one player destroyed and took most of my items. no wonder everyone around be quit playing.

Flag Post

Pellets, just to make sure you’re getting all the feedback — I’d be deeply opposed to anything that lets people add more nodes, by any mechanism (even shifting them from another dungeon). It eliminates the whole point of surveying and exploration and fighting over dungeons if you can make a dungeon into what you want.

Also, I would totally buy your argument about shocking being too much of a server load if you didn’t already have an app that let’s people shock all from the cellphone on servers except for ours and if I wasn’t already paying you for the Assistant.

While you’re at it — why the heck will the “pick up all” button in that assistant completely ignore chests that are also on the ground?

Flag Post

LopesPipe, not too long ago the furniture suggestion was made. As I said then, it’s something that, while it was originally planned, isn’t likely. Offering rotation would require three times as many assets for each piece of furniture and would increase overall load times substantially.

I will suggest some kind of gating mechanic for Pillaging against lower level players.

Gmdclark, we would definitely take all sides into consideration when discussing any kind of Node changes. There are definitely some major game balances that it would effect. That’s one of the reasons it has never been done, the team is not comfortable with any implementations that have been suggested so far.

DOGMA, the companion app for Infernal Abyss and Classic, does not access the same server, and updates in a totally different way.

Chests are not accumulated Resources. It may be possible to add Chests to collecting Resources. I’ll suggest that to the team.

Flag Post

Can you provide DOGMA-like functionality in the Assistant? Or is that only possible because they are in fact NOT logged into the game?

Flag Post

That may be a possibility. I don’t know the technical limitations of something like that. However, I do know it would require building a new system, and that would require a great deal of developer time. Hopefully, even if that becomes a long term solution, the team can work on something for the short term as well.

Flag Post

a timer that only let players pillage the same dungeon once per month is a solution i approve, it lets player pillage, and also gives time for player to re cooperate. Pillaging being able to downgrade a room is also overkill.

Flag Post

I disagree with that pillage restriction most vehemently. Pillage is working as intended.

Flag Post

Pillaging is ruining the game. I started playing 3 weeks ago and paid $80. Now a player demands everyone to send him resources daily or be raided. Most of the dungeons in my area are now abandoned and if you don´t comply with his demands he attacks. in past two days i had all of my resources taken and some furniture destroyed. The only reason I don´t quit is because I spent $$$ and they don´t give refunds.

Flag Post

This is a PvP game, Lopes. So to me, it looks like you’re whining that you haven’t figured out how to defend yourself so want the game changed so you’re protected. Join an alliance. Improve your defenses. Use your wallet to buy peace so other players can’t attack you. Prepare for the advanced PvP patch by moving to more average dungeons that can opt-oout of advanced PvP (and thus, you’ll never have your monsters killed or dungeons pillaged by another player ever again.)

It takes a massive amount of ogres or vampires to really pillage the heck out of someone – a high level player with a top notch vamp pillage squad might be able to destroy 4-5 tiles on an attack, and that is most often used to slow down the build up an invading player to keep them from moving advanced troops in. If they made the change you’re asking for, you’d find yourself a victim more often instead of less often.

Flag Post

i wish their was a way to get more nodes in my starter dungeon; other dungeons unless i am mistaken can be stolen by enamies…

about pillaging: i think your starter dungeon is immunne to pillaging; but it isn’t only a pvp game, you can just have fun killing elves and building your dungeon up slowly…

Flag Post

my problem with the game is the any player can attack another one. players that are just starting out being forced to pay daily or be raided is making most start up players quit. it is also very difficult to craft any furniture if most of your resources are taken away on a daily basis.

The game Wartune is PVP with better graphics, chat, and alliance system. has a range of 10 levers form yours that you can attack.

Flag Post

Your Starter is your safe haven, currently. A lot of that will change with the Advanced Player-Combat “Lord of the Underworld” update.

The rules now are that your starter cannot be Pillaged. Only Inactive players and the Heart of the Mountain can be Conquered. However, not even an Inactive Starter can be Conquered.

Implementing gating mechanics, by level, is difficult in Dungeon Overlord. The only place we truly do that is with the Resource transfers from low level players, to higher level players and Transferring Creatures. This is because Level, and even Power are difficult to use as justification for gates. There are Level 20 players who have greater Power than players twice that. Also, there are players who may have a very Powerful army, but not an extremely high Power ranking, since Power takes into account a great deal. A lower level player who jumped right into using Ghosts and Dark Elves and focuses on leveling them, is going to fair better than a higher level player who has the same level Orcs and Warlocks.

While a level 80 player shouldn’t send a massive army to wipe-out and Pillage an innocent and unsuspecting level 30 player, the alternative is that, perhaps, that Level 30 player is terrorizing newly placed players in the same Alliance as the Level 80. Part of war is being able to handle yourself, so even though they’re 50 Levels apart, at that point, there shouldn’t be a mechanic that prevents the big-brother from sending a message. I’m not here to comment on strategy though, and we don’t want to make any players feel unwelcome or forced out of the game. There is a balance to maintain.

The team is open to looking into any player concerns and requests, but often times, these discussions end with the thought that the game mechanics do allow for players to combat these things.

Flag Post

i don´t like the idea of forcing player to choose to be PVP or abandon dungeons the qualify for pvp. i spent $$ to upgrade my dungeons and will be forced to continue occupying the dungeon and be raided or abandon for a non pvp dungeon and loose my investment. Why not make it that if a specific room is built in a dungeon, all the players dungeon convert to pvp. Non pvp can only raid elf settlements. WOW has pvp and non pvp

RESPONSE to comment below. instead of giving players one month to downgrade and move an entire dungeon that qualifies as pvp, why not have the option to destroy the nodes that make the dungeon pvp?

Flag Post

You are already forced to choose PvP – soon, you’ll have a new free option to take care of your desire to not be attacked. Net improvement for you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LopesPipe:

a timer that only let players pillage the same dungeon once per month is a solution i approve, it lets player pillage, and also gives time for player to re cooperate. Pillaging being able to downgrade a room is also overkill.

Um no. thats just insane

Flag Post
Originally posted by sthreet300:

i wish their was a way to get more nodes in my starter dungeon; other dungeons unless i am mistaken can be stolen by enamies…

about pillaging: i think your starter dungeon is immunne to pillaging; but it isn’t only a pvp game, you can just have fun killing elves and building your dungeon up slowly…

Farmville, is thataway>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Flag Post

my problem with the game is the any player can attack another one. players that are just starting out being forced to pay daily or be raided is making most start up players quit. it is also very difficult to craft any furniture if most of your resources are taken away on a daily basis.

The game Wartune is PVP with better graphics, chat, and alliance system. has a range of 10 levers form yours that you can attack.

Better post. right idea, little too rigid. Players always quit this type of game. even if only 50 % stay active, the fighting is fierce for resources. This game can only support a 20% active player base imo. FYI if you are being pillaged, besides beds ( and keep spares) pick up your DAMN furniture.

Flag Post

i don´t like the idea of forcing player to choose to be PVP or abandon dungeons the qualify for pvp. i spent $$ to upgrade my dungeons and will be forced to continue occupying the dungeon and be raided or abandon for a non pvp dungeon and loose my investment. Why not make it that if a specific room is built in a dungeon, all the players dungeon convert to pvp. Non pvp can only raid elf settlements. WOW has pvp and non pvp

RESPONSE to comment below. instead of giving players one month to downgrade and move an entire dungeon that qualifies as pvp, why not have the option to destroy the nodes that make the dungeon pvp?

Farmville, is thataway>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

Your Starter is your safe haven, currently. A lot of that will change with the Advanced Player-Combat “Lord of the Underworld” update.

The rules now are that your starter cannot be Pillaged. Only Inactive players and the Heart of the Mountain can be Conquered. However, not even an Inactive Starter can be Conquered.

Implementing gating mechanics, by level, is difficult in Dungeon Overlord. The only place we truly do that is with the Resource transfers from low level players, to higher level players and Transferring Creatures. This is because Level, and even Power are difficult to use as justification for gates. There are Level 20 players who have greater Power than players twice that. Also, there are players who may have a very Powerful army, but not an extremely high Power ranking, since Power takes into account a great deal. A lower level player who jumped right into using Ghosts and Dark Elves and focuses on leveling them, is going to fair better than a higher level player who has the same level Orcs and Warlocks.

While a level 80 player shouldn’t send a massive army to wipe-out and Pillage an innocent and unsuspecting level 30 player, the alternative is that, perhaps, that Level 30 player is terrorizing newly placed players in the same Alliance as the Level 80. Part of war is being able to handle yourself, so even though they’re 50 Levels apart, at that point, there shouldn’t be a mechanic that prevents the big-brother from sending a message. I’m not here to comment on strategy though, and we don’t want to make any players feel unwelcome or forced out of the game. There is a balance to maintain.

The team is open to looking into any player concerns and requests, but often times, these discussions end with the thought that the game mechanics do allow for players to combat these things.

About inactives.

Sure, there is a way to deal with them. Conquest. Conquest fails. Hugely, amazingly largely, and i will gladly tell you why.

The amount of time required for some noob to log in, and finish the tutorial, and then quit, is 2 hours. Part of the tutorial is taking the second dungeon. With that one person deciding he doesnt like this style of game and quitting in those 2 hours (which is a HIGH volume of players, if you dont think so you are kidding yourself) he can ruin the best dungeon in a region. It then takes a committed active player MONTHS MONTHS! MONTHS of playing, and tech, and committment, to get them out. You want to talk balance? Please explain to me the balance in that. Its wrong. so wrong.

And yeah someday somewhere on some myfacespacebook you say you are going to make it easier. when? and what about those of us who put the huge resources into getting conquest now? what do we get? Bad game balance.

Flag Post

I have a suggestion to the shock-all thing everyone wants and can’t actually be implemented because DOGMA doesn’t actually work right on this server and it would make everything lag ferociously and yada yada blah blah et cetera et cetera et cetera.

Why not add a Shock button to the creature tab?

ETA: Also, can something be done so that the experience bar and gold show thing actually show the proper values after payday? Because as it is now they don’t until they refresh, and if you never refresh for some reason, nothing changes, unless you make, buy, upgrade, or pick up something money-related.

Flag Post

I want to apologize for some of my posts. Just started playing the game a few week ago and was afraid of loosing the $ I spent. Also was overwhelmed when strong players took most of my resources. After reading the forums and a few suggest posts, I am now more familiar with the game. Thank you and sorry for my ignorance.

Flag Post

To first address the request to maintain a non-Advanced Player-Combat status, even after that update. Certain Dungeons will become auto Player-Combat enabled because of their valuable Resources. Allowing players who do not wish to fight, to stay in those Dungeons, isn’t in the plans. That’s because those premium Dungeons are met to be sought after. So that’s the issue with allowing that.

Conquest will be made easier with the Advanced Player-Combat “Lord of the Underworld” Update.

We have considered a Shock Button on the Creature panel, and it’s something we may be able to implement. There are still potential technical limitations, but we will be able to address those.

I will see if the team can look into having the UI update more accurately.

LopesPipe, I’m glad to see your posts. The Forums are for asking questions and becoming more familiar with the game. Hopefully, they have been helpful. Player are very passionate about the game and their ideas, but getting differing opinions and thoughts from all play styles helps make the game better.

Flag Post

Please change the taskmasters so that a player that reached lvl 20 cant fall below lvl 2 even if inactive, one at lvl 25 not below 3 and one above lvl 30 not below 4.

Currently i have to check my rooms every day since people become inactive and far to often fall from lvl 4 straight to lvl 1. Thats a bit annoying. And soon i have to start randomly spamming players just to fill my taskmasterslots with non inactive players…

Flag Post

The team is open to reviewing the Taskmaster system. I’ll give them your suggestions, however since it’s based on Activity, holding Inactives at a 2 is probably unlikely. Although, hopefully there is a solution that can make the levels more stable, or alert players when a Taskmaster level changes.

Flag Post

In order to counter effect the game destroying impact of “buying peace”, you should offer a “Hawk” in the Store that provides you a timed buff that allows you to attack players who bought peace. If 24 hours of dove costs 10DM, price 24 hours of hawk at 20DM. Unlike many players suggestions, I think the devs will like this one (since one person spending 10DM might trigger 8 people to spend 20DM = 16000% more revenue.) Thank you for your consideration.