Server discrimination by NOG

37 posts

Flag Post

So, your IA and classic servers both got a nice elf razing event.

We, the unloved stepchild of kong, did not.

Care to explain why?

Flag Post

Would like to know why as well.

Its the time of year when most (if not all these days) games have fun events to cover the festive season, be nice if we did too

Flag Post

We’re the bastard child.

Flag Post

Better a bastard child than a red-headed step child. Right?

Flag Post

Heh heh heh.

Flag Post

This is the first Challenge for Dungeon Overlord. We decided to start small, but we plan to expand the Challenges, as well as the rewards, in the future. We decided it was a better decision to start with our veteran servers, and we will include our other server worlds in future contests!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

no holiday event would suck for sure

Flag Post

I don’t find that answer acceptable either

Some of us pay/have payed to play this game. surely that gives us the right to be treated the same as your “veteran” servers.

There plenty of other games providers that bend over backwards to give events to there players, they realize that they are the people that keeps them in a job, Kong players are being milked of there cash while nothing is being done to make them feel that they are anything better than cash cows.

Would have been nice to have something special to do over the holidays.

As a community we should keep our Kreds somewhere safe until we are treated the same as the other players, why should we pay for there veterans to reap the benefit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

This is the first Challenge for Dungeon Overlord. We decided to start small, but we plan to expand the Challenges, as well as the rewards, in the future. We decided it was a better decision to start with our veteran servers, and we will include our other server worlds in future contests!

You should disable gold buying on the kongregate server until you’re willing to treat kongregate players the same as others :p

Flag Post

It was the complaints from Kong causing them to redo the 21 room level update…. They have never done this due to player suggestion or complaint before… We can consider this our punishment for daring to tell the high and mighty NOG that they are wrong.

Flag Post

The contest on Facebook has concluded, and it went very well. Since this was our first attempt, it was important that we felt confident in our reporting, recording, and how we will be able to distribute the prizes. While we haven’t given the prizes, Facebook participates will get details on that soon.

With that, we already have plans for our next event. We are planning to run the next contest shortly after the new year, and we let you know what it entails a few days before. We look forward to having more events, challenges, and promotions in 2013!

Flag Post

are you going to make a Kong only event to make up for your Lack of event on Kong? or is Our money not good enough?

Flag Post

I don’t understand, if you’re running contests for other servers, why would you post here how successful they were and that you hope to run more when it’s already been stated that you didn’t run them here because of the Kong interface? If you can’t promote them on Kong for Kong players, why promote the other servers here? Are you hoping that some Kong players will leave to join the other servers instead? We already don’t have access to the DOGMA app for the game, but if you’re not going to do any kind of promotions here, what point is there for players to stick around?

Flag Post

Only reason this got mentioned IMO was because Shark noticed it and posted, otherwise we would have been treated like mushrooms. (kept in dark and fed on sheet)

Probably one of the few games companies that have made NO EFFORT to give there customers an event over the holidays, that pretty much says it all to me.

Flag Post

Agreed MJ, the fact of the matter is that everyone else is doing something, regardless of issues with interface or anything you would have thought they would do Something as a thank you for people playing the game, talking about it, some of us paying for it… I think it smacks of lazy, curmudgeon like thinking and, what I’m most concerned about, taking us for granted…

Flag Post

We have developed a way to provide the rewards, despite the differences between Kongregate and other platforms. When we run future contests, we will be able to use this feature. This was the first event we’ve run. It was important to begin small, figure out all of the variables, and prepare for any issues. The success of this first challenge determined if we would pursue this in the future. We hope you participate in our future events, these will be optional, and shouldn’t affect your regular game play.

Flag Post

As far as the Holiday themes, when we have run these in the past, players have not enjoyed the changes, and indicated they were a burden. This year, we chose not to use any of our holiday options, greatly due to that feedback. We are considering these options for 2013.

Flag Post

So, again, we were just less important. Gotcha. Do let us know how great your other promotions are on other servers: I noticed your newest server, Goblin Keeper, got an extra bonus on DM purchased for the holidays! How nice for them.

Flag Post

Ye gods, every time I reread this thread I get more surprised at the attitudes of some Kong players.

1) it was a trial. It also didn’t work particularly well, I had to stop raiding due to the “reward”, several creatures nearly died, suspend all payday effects for 24 hours, inculding healing? Yeah, that’s useful.

Given what happened last time they suspended paydays for a few hours some of you would’ve been kicking up a stink about unwanted “rewards” that killed your creatures. Sometimes, something can be done easily on one server that’s not so easy on another, Facebook makes it easy to share daily gifts, and the daily gift mechanic was used for the rewards, ergo the rewards wouldn’t be as easy on a game platform that doesn’t have the “spam me with gifts” mentality that Facebook has.

2) Goblin Keeper is a licensed version of the game runa nd hosted by an EU based games company predominantly marketed at the German and UK markets, NOG gets royalty payments. I note no one ever complains about the longstanding licensed version of the game that’s been running in Korea for more than 6 months now, again by a different company, but a German/EU version is worth complaining about.

Why is everything discrimination or an attack on Kong players instead od simply a small company trying to provide a fun game on limited resources and running trials on a small scale sometimes? If Kabam gets something Kong doesn’t will you complain about that as well?

I’d have much rather not had the “reward” or the competition, and if the reward is the same next time I’ll try to avoid it thanks muchly, or just take the day off from playing. That’s the sort of feedback they needed.

Flag Post

Mat,
Good business practice for any company is to treat (or try too)all your customers the same, NOG take our cash so why should n’t we expect to be treated equally.

Who cares if it worked or not, that again comes down to the developers, tests are usually done on one server (used to be things called test servers years ago,now its the public they inflict it on), the point we making is we were basically ignored.

On Point 2, all i gonna say about that is, that company made at least an effort to give something back to there customers over xmas, which is a lot better than the “We are considering these options for 2013”

Events, promotions etc keep players playing, that’s something this server really needs,unless they plan to lay events on for the 50 players left next xmas anyways