Server discrimination by NOG page 2

37 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

He came. Thought he would own. Didnt. Went back to FB wonderland.

Flag Post

And then bitched about it. Yup.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

It may not have been a holiday promotion Mat, but the fact that Kong has been left out of the contest that was running is certainly unfair when they’ve already increased some prices from Facebook and taken away some of the benefits. Yes they tell us that the extra dungeons make up for it, but not everyone wants to spend that much money, but would be willing to spend a little money for the benefits that are available on facebook. With the differences between the two servers, it’s a wonder that people are playing and paying on this one at all, I know I’m starting to regret it.

I’d happily give up the extra dungeons on here for the same deals that facebook has in it’s shop prices and bonuses, and the chance to participate in the promotions run by NOG. The fact that nog is pushing out new servers, even if it’s licensed out to another game company just clearly shows to me that they’re not interested in pursuing any kind of relationship with its existing servers, or at least any server outside of facebook. I’d much rather they had tried to promote this game instead of allowing the potential players get watered down into yet another incarnation of the game.

Call it what you want, but the truth remains that NOG cares nothing for the gaming communities that the players, myself included, have tried to foster on any of its servers. I had issue with some of their practices on the facebook one and came here with good intentions, and am very disappointed in it. I’m thrilled to have found Kong, so thanks for that NOG, but you really have got to start treating us as better than second class citizens here.

First off, there are apps available for the facebook servers that allow you to shock all your warlocks at once. You say that you’re not able to implement them here because of apple. Then come up with an in game solution here, add it to the Overlord assistant interface or something. You cant hold a contest here cause you can’t email the players? Well, you’re certainly able to make forum posts, and to put a page up when on maintenance when players log in, why not put a page up that they have to click through to let them know of these things? Or at least hold the contest anyway? You think everyone reads your emails anyway? I doubt that, I still never got one from you for the other server. There’s also the question of the store bonuses not being equal. I just don’t think it’s fair, and I think the Kong players are getting a bum deal here, and I really hope you make it up to them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl:

It may not have been a holiday promotion Mat, but the fact that Kong has been left out of the contest that was running is certainly unfair when they’ve already increased some prices from Facebook and taken away some of the benefits. Yes they tell us that the extra dungeons make up for it, but not everyone wants to spend that much money, but would be willing to spend a little money for the benefits that are available on facebook. With the differences between the two servers, it’s a wonder that people are playing and paying on this one at all, I know I’m starting to regret it.

I’d happily give up the extra dungeons on here for the same deals that facebook has in it’s shop prices and bonuses, and the chance to participate in the promotions run by NOG. The fact that nog is pushing out new servers, even if it’s licensed out to another game company just clearly shows to me that they’re not interested in pursuing any kind of relationship with its existing servers, or at least any server outside of facebook. I’d much rather they had tried to promote this game instead of allowing the potential players get watered down into yet another incarnation of the game.

Call it what you want, but the truth remains that NOG cares nothing for the gaming communities that the players, myself included, have tried to foster on any of its servers. I had issue with some of their practices on the facebook one and came here with good intentions, and am very disappointed in it. I’m thrilled to have found Kong, so thanks for that NOG, but you really have got to start treating us as better than second class citizens here.

First off, there are apps available for the facebook servers that allow you to shock all your warlocks at once. You say that you’re not able to implement them here because of apple. Then come up with an in game solution here, add it to the Overlord assistant interface or something. You cant hold a contest here cause you can’t email the players? Well, you’re certainly able to make forum posts, and to put a page up when on maintenance when players log in, why not put a page up that they have to click through to let them know of these things? Or at least hold the contest anyway? You think everyone reads your emails anyway? I doubt that, I still never got one from you for the other server. There’s also the question of the store bonuses not being equal. I just don’t think it’s fair, and I think the Kong players are getting a bum deal here, and I really hope you make it up to them.

eta: forgot the stonebinding issues. Yes, it needs to be in all dungeons here like on Facebook. Why? Cause not everyone buys all the extra dungeons to make up for not having it. It’s exceedingly unfair to those who spend nothing, or spend little. So that’s another thing you do here that hurts your non paying and lesser paying players, if they played on Facebook, they’d have a lot easier time keeping up through nothing but good play. Here it’s very unfair.

Flag Post

Mat, keep putting words in my mouth, mate. My point was: a licensee of a brand new server could figure out how to do a holiday promotion with the existing technology, even if it was a crappy one like bonus DM. Here at Kong we got — 25% speed build! Merry Christmas! But you seem to find it incomprehensible that this fact plus them bragging about how great the promotion was on Facebook we were complaining about don’t equal outrage, well, then, fine. Go back to Facebook and let the rest of us try to get them to treat this server equal.

And then thanks for the bonus strawman in saying I offer up no counterpoints or actual facts. I’ll make sure to keep the facts plainer for you instead of assuming you are capable of deducing the chain. But the factual point remains: when we asked if we were going to get something like the Facebook server, the answer was “no, but it went really great on Facebook and maybe you’ll get it sometime next year.” If you were actually part of the Kongregate community — instead of an outsider from Facebook — you might understand that better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gmdclark:

Mat, keep putting words in my mouth, mate. My point was: a licensee of a brand new server could figure out how to do a holiday promotion with the existing technology, even if it was a crappy one like bonus DM. Here at Kong we got — 25% speed build! Merry Christmas! But you seem to find it incomprehensible that this fact plus them bragging about how great the promotion was on Facebook we were complaining about don’t equal outrage, well, then, fine. Go back to Facebook and let the rest of us try to get them to treat this server equal.

And then thanks for the bonus strawman in saying I offer up no counterpoints or actual facts. I’ll make sure to keep the facts plainer for you instead of assuming you are capable of deducing the chain. But the factual point remains: when we asked if we were going to get something like the Facebook server, the answer was “no, but it went really great on Facebook and maybe you’ll get it sometime next year.” If you were actually part of the Kongregate community — instead of an outsider from Facebook — you might understand that better.

well said

Flag Post

What I am wondering is that most of those “facebook” players bragged on how strong they were, how vast was their knowledge of the game, how they would crush us. If what we saw on Kongregate DO server is the cream of the crop of FB players, I am scared, wondering how bad their average player is.

If that is true, we are the truly elite server and NoG should do some effort as reward, promoting this server.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sildegil:

What I am wondering is that most of those “facebook” players bragged on how strong they were, how vast was their knowledge of the game, how they would crush us. If what we saw on Kongregate DO server is the cream of the crop of FB players, I am scared, wondering how bad their average player is.

If that is true, we are the truly elite server and NoG should do some effort as reward, promoting this server.

Or we are simply too good and we don’t need an event (sarcasm off)

Flag Post

Keep it clean. Thanks!

Flag Post

hello long time knowing eyes!

I see nothing that i posted that would need to be moderated.