Suggestions Thread (February/March) page 2 (locked)

48 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

It wasn’t an intentional change, they’re working on a fix, and it will be part of our next update.

You just had an update. it is not fixed. please explain

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharkhunter:

It wasn’t an intentional change, they’re working on a fix, and it will be part of our next update.

You just had an update. it is not fixed. please explain

I just read your update notes. It says “the initial sort on the ledger will now be alphabetical”

That was NOT what it was before you changed it. The dungeons were listed in the order of age. This was the default for 7 months until the most recent change. I want this default option restored. I see no one asking to have it changed, you could ALREADY sort it by alphabet if you so wished.

I dont get you guys. Are you listening to what im telling you about this Pellets? Seriously.

Flag Post

The sort in the Overlord’s ledger now matches the change to sort the other lists by alphabetical order.

Flag Post

The sort in the Overlord’s ledger now matches the change to sort the other lists by alphabetical order.

Which was NOT how it was before you changed it. Before you changed it accidentally, the ledger listed dungeons in order of unlock, or age if you prefer.

You stated you would fix it. You put it to alphabetical order. You already had the option to list them in alphabetical order. You now removed the default i used for 7 months and it is not available.

I would like the order of age back.

Flag Post

While changing it to start with was unintentional, it remained the best option to be consistent with the other lists, so we chose to fix it to be alphabetical.

I will pass your suggestion of having the option to sort by age on to the team.

Flag Post

While changing it to start with was unintentional, it remained the best option to be consistent with the other lists, so we chose to fix it to be alphabetical.

I will pass your suggestion of having the option to sort by age on to the team.

This is what drives me to not want to play. You changed something by mistake, and when its pointed out, you say you will fix it, then do something totally different. I mean how hard was it to change it back to the way it was? You could already sort alphabetically if you wanted to even under the old way.

If you guys played your game more then casual, you would understand why little changes like this can really throw you for a loop. After 7 months of one way, and it changes, it messes you up big time.

Flag Post

Shark, your complain seems a little selfishly presented, but I see your point.

Ideally, they can FIX it once, and everyone can deal with the new way… once. Poor design choices compounded with regression errors are the problem.

The “sort” issue could apply to anything, not just the overlord panel. The creature sort order in the creature panel doesn’t match the raid panel. The CP order seem arbitrary to the player (what is it, hidden creature ID? does that match age since hire or age of the bed or what?).

Personally, I don’t want to click alpha sort sort every time I open any panel so that you can keep an arbitrary legacy order. That’s a couple of thousand clicks per day, at least. If I could configure the sort, or even if it would remember the last time I used that panel [type], it would be an improvement (NOT last time this session!). I would be okay with a semi-hidden column called “sort order” that players could change as the default order of various things in various places. That would allow you to arrange your dungeons per the legacy, while not making other players memorize the arbitrariness.

D

Flag Post

again. from day zero to two weeks ago, which was 7 months, it was one way, and then changed by mistake. I was told they would put it back. They did not.

Try managing 15 dungeons, non stop raiding, shifiting, shipping, etc, then have the order all changed on you overnight. watch what that does to your gameplay. Even a simple thing like the OA always tries to reset to home position most players dont even notice. Unless you have at least 11 dungeons, the screen doesnt scroll, so no effect on the player. After that however, it scrolls the screen, screws you up, and auto selects the wrong dungeon.

There are many effects and changes in this game that arent noticed by most players. Yet. I had many complaints a while ago, about several user interface actions, that no one cared about back at the time, even in my own guild.

Now, several months later, those same players (many in my own guild i may add) are now voicing the same complaints that i gave back then, as they are now high enough to see the effects. It makes me sad.

If you find it selfish based on that info, not much else I will say.

Flag Post

PS@Pellets.

I hit level 100 today. Still never had a chance to take part in an idea wall session.

Also, why is the title for level 100 only XXXX?

Flag Post

It’s selfish because you are basically requesting that new players learn the arbitrary order to which you have become accustomed, rather than having a sensible default (or as I suggested, a CONFIGURABLE default—which could match the order you want for you, and the order John Newbie wants for his).

I get annoyed enough by raids added during a session not being at the top. Clicking sort 1 (or 2!) times every time a panel is opened is a waste. Add to that the fact that you can’t do a two variable sort…

Yes, the interface could use some optimization. I’m just saying you lose in you vs the dev team. Maybe we players vs the dev team has a little more chance.

Flag Post

Customizable agreed would be best by far for sure.

But if you are saying its selfish of me to ask that it be returned to the way it was, the way its always been, that everyone used, then you are mistaken.

Joe newbie had the same system as everyone else til the recent change.

Again, try doing it with 15 dungeons multi region, let me know how bad it is.

Flag Post

Joe Newbie isn’t playing yet.

I already have no idea how ppl play 15 dungeons. As I mentioned about shocking in another thread, I already want to punch ppl in the face with only 4 dungeons. But learning a new arbitrary order is trivial. Learning a new sensible order is less trivial. Forcing a thousand ppl to use your method is selfish. Forcing a thousand ppl to learn a new method is selfish (/lazy) on the dev’s part.

Flag Post

erm, “less than trivial” might be a better way to put it than “less trivial.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Deadeye00:

Joe Newbie isn’t playing yet.

I already have no idea how ppl play 15 dungeons. As I mentioned about shocking in another thread, I already want to punch ppl in the face with only 4 dungeons. But learning a new arbitrary order is trivial. Learning a new sensible order is less trivial. Forcing a thousand ppl to use your method is selfish. Forcing a thousand ppl to learn a new method is selfish (/lazy) on the dev’s part.

the same thousand people also used the old method. asking for what it was for all of us for a long time is not selfish. As to your 4 dungeon comment, thats all i needed to hear to leave this thread for good. Good luck

Flag Post

Could you make DOGMA available to Necropolis players? I, for one, would be willing to buy the app.
Also, it isn’t clearly stated in the app description that it does not currently work with Necropolis. This should be made clear. I had to download the free version to find out it didn’t work… Kind of frustrating.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Grimmn:

Could you make DOGMA available to Necropolis players? I, for one, would be willing to buy the app.
Also, it isn’t clearly stated in the app description that it does not currently work with Necropolis. This should be made clear. I had to download the free version to find out it didn’t work… Kind of frustrating.

It doesn’t work on any of the platforms and hasn’t for a year. Criminal they still sell it: http://forum.nightowlgames.net/showthread.php?18976-iOS-Dogma-still-broken-after-6-months-!

Flag Post

Grimm, we really hope to be able to do that in the future. Currently, we don’t have a way to log you into your Kongregate account from a mobile app, but are hoping that functionality becomes available.

As gmdclark mentioned, in September, we relocated our servers from Amazon, to our own data center. When we did that, we had to change where DOGMA looked for it’s information, since it was pointing to Amazon, and obviously that wouldn’t work anymore. It was at that time, that iOS decided it no longer approved of the way DOGMA logged into players’ Facebook accounts, and didn’t approve the app. Which means that the iOS version still looks to Amazon for information, which doesn’t exist there.

We are in the process of rewriting DOGMA in such a way that iOS will approve it, and it will also be beneficial for when we are able to offer it to more networks.

Flag Post

The quests to “Defeat Creature” should totally give credit when those PvP kills happen defending — I took out an army of a player today, but he took out 2 death knights, a vampire and a thief. I hear none of those count to the “Defeat Creatures” total. I think that’s unfair to him.

Flag Post

There should be some sort of notification when a taskmaster drops to level 1. I try to check often, but it would be nice to have an immediate warning when, say, the taskmaster assigned to my farm becomes useless. Similarly, the profiles, portraits (in friend bar) and titles (in leaderboards) of inactive overlords should be obviously different – grayed, crossed out, etc. so that they are not confused with current players.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mebdach:

There should be some sort of notification when a taskmaster drops to level 1. I try to check often, but it would be nice to have an immediate warning when, say, the taskmaster assigned to my farm becomes useless. Similarly, the profiles, portraits (in friend bar) and titles (in leaderboards) of inactive overlords should be obviously different – grayed, crossed out, etc. so that they are not confused with current players.

try having 15 dungeons with 6-10 rooms each. its insane :)

Flag Post

How about basing taskmasters level on your own activity rather than that players? With inactive player being the only ones that drop to level 1?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tankar:

How about basing taskmasters level on your own activity rather than that players? With inactive player being the only ones that drop to level 1?

It is based on your own activity, If your active and play often then your TM lvl remains high. If you go inactive then you drop lower. It would be totally broken for TMs to be based on the activeness of of the players using them. Kinda the point in choosing friends that will actually be of use to you.

Flag Post

A notification would be a great feature for slacking Taskmasters. I’ll suggest it to the team!