Bugs/broken with update thread page 2

55 posts

Flag Post

There was an issue, when shipping to your own Dungeons in other Regions that would display the incorrect time, but actually execute in the correct amount of time. We just did a hotfix for that, you may need to clear your cache- but it should be resolved.

Flag Post

Came wont let me add friends.

Get an error message stating “too many friends”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharkhunter:

Came wont let me add friends.

Get an error message stating “too many friends”

Oh, man.

Flag Post

Hest has it too.

I think you introduced a “max friend” amount with the update on APC.

Also, why did you turn off the inactive nodes?

Flag Post

I think someone mentioned that if you have too many friend request pending, that message will show. No clue why though.

Flag Post

@nitromand,

Im sure thats the case, but before the update it was fine. Pending requests are very labourious to remove. I do not want to have to go and delete 100s of them. It would take hours

Flag Post

@Shark

I’m totally with you on this one. This an annoying thing they sneaked in with the apc update.
I just wanted to mention the cause of it, in case you didn’t already know. ;)

If they want to have such a limit, it would be nice if they added a “remove all pending friend request button” as well. :P

Flag Post

I passed the issue with Friends on to the team, they’ll take a look at it, and I can let you know if I get more information.

As far as the Inactive Nodes, a number of issues were addressed over the weekend, apparently when they fixed an immediate issue, the adjustment for Inactive Nodes went out as well. They are not deactivated, rather only Nodes the Inactive Player had Researched Mining for, will be active. I apologize it wasn’t fully communicated, but it was done to lower the potential for abuse.

Flag Post

The team came back with a response on the issue with Friends. Included in the Lord of the Underworld update, was a limit of 500 friends. I would guess that count includes pending. I’m not sure if Support has any tools that can help take care of, but it might be worth submitting a ticket, and seeing if they can work with you.

Flag Post

I asked before and they wouldnt do it, months ago, but that was more of a nuisance issue. Now it is a functionality issue, i have submitted a request to remove all pendings from my account.

You guys really, really, need to start publishing real lists of update notes. This type of stuff has to be included.

Flag Post

It seems that it is more efficient to send two remote miners than 2 goblins to remote mine… I think the game has a bug with regard to more than 1 goblin doing remote mining. The time to mine is not reduced by the second goblin being present. This should be fixed, as the second goblin can and should do more than simply play pack mule.

Flag Post

This is intended. Remote Mining is not meant to be an ongoing mechanic, rather something you do when all other outlets have failed, Market Purchase, Trading, Raiding, Occupying a Dungeon with the necessary Resource. The extra Goblins you send on a single mission are meant to carry the Resources back, only one will mine at a time. You’re right though, sending them to different Dungeons is more efficient, and a viable option.

Flag Post

Ok, now I have a problem with attacking other dungeons.
1. I am not protected.
2. The target is not protected.
3. I have troops sitting around doing nothing when trying to do this.
I get into the screen to raid, but I am stuck due to the ‘From Dungeon’ selector having ‘None Eligible.’ There is nothing to tell me what I need to have a dungeon be eligible! Is there some specific limitation on this? I can’t find anything on any of the forums, faqs, or other wikis.
I placed this here as it may be a bug?

Flag Post

You have to have your Dungeon set as Advanced Player-Combat enabled. You can do this from the Vault. You can read up on all of the features of the Lord of the Underworld update in the Official Blog

Flag Post

That should probably make it’s way into the quest text for ‘Making Enemies.’ New players will have no idea where to look or what to do. This is something that should have instruction in the game.
Thanks for the replies!

Flag Post

That’s an excellent suggestion! I’ll suggest it to the team, and hopefully they can include it. Definitely makes sense there, and will give new players a better idea of what’s going on.

Flag Post

I have added the “Stable Ground” bonus to my mountain. This bonus is supposed to increase stack size. 4 mithril chests in one vault without bonus make the stack height 200*(1+4*4)=3400 (?) How much should it be with a 50% bonus from the mountain upgrade? 200*(1.54*4)=3500 or 200*(1+4*4*(1.5))=5000, 200*(1+4*4)*1.5=5100 ? Right now it appears to have no effect. It believe it is not being applied to the vault stack and I believe this to be an oversight. Please fix this. Please point to the correct formula. Thank you.

Flag Post

It was suggested the formula might be (200*(1+0.5))((1+4)4)=6000….

Flag Post

Hey Basilisk, I will take a look tomorrow, or you can bend the ear of the ever talented Support http://support.nightowlgames.net They likely won’t get to until tomorrow either, but it’s more their forte. Or you can have us race, whatever is your style.

Flag Post

Some more numbers:
A dungeon in the mountain has 4 mithril treasure chests; the stacks are observed full at 3400, calculated: 200*(1+4*4)=3400, ratio=3400/3400=1.
The mountain heart has 4 steel treasure chests and 2 steel jewel chests; the stacks are observerd full at 5200, calculated: 200*(1+6*2)=2600, ratio=5200/2600=2.

The mountain heart has a taskmaster level 5 (+50%). The mountain bonus is +50% to stack size. The regular dungeon in the mountain is unknown to me. Someone explain the numbers please.

Flag Post

Perhaps the follow must redeclare loyalty to use the upgraded bonus. There was no bonus when he declared loyalty.

Flag Post

He shouldn’t have to redeclare loyalty, but here are some details on how it’s applied. For this Mountain Bonus, breaking it down, and letting you observe your own situation:

We’ll observe Gold
200 Base Stack Size
4 Mithril Treasure Chests, which would apply a 400% bonus for each chest.
50% Mountain Bonus

The 3,400 is obtained by taking 200 (the base rate) multiplied by 17.

That is from the part of the formula that is 1+1600%=17

200*17=3400

Then, you will take that amount, multiplied by the Mountain Bonus, 50%

3400*.5=1700
3400+1700=5100

So, with 4 Mithril Jewel Chests and a 50% Mountain Bonus, you are looking at a stack size of 5100

(200(1+1600%))(1+.5)=5100

However, there are other things that may affect stack size, such as Vault Taskmaster. The Taskmaster will get included with the Heart Bonus, so for a Level 4 Taskmaster, you receive 40% larger stack sizes for all Resources.

Now you’re looking at
(200(1+1600%))(1+(50%+40%))
(200*17)(1.9)
3400*1.9= 6460 Max Gold Stacks

So, if you look at a Stack, and you want to figure out how you got to that max size take

(Base(1+Furniture))(1+(Mountain Bonus+Taskmaster))

Flag Post

This formula appears correct (Base(1+Furniture))(1+(Mountain Bonus+Taskmaster)). By that I mean my dungeon heart shows this limit. I used 2 steel treasure chests and obtained (200*(1+2*2))(1+(50%+50%))=2000. But the loyal subject dungeon heart is a different story, it always shows 200(1+4*4)=3400 as maximum. The only possible explanation for this is there maybe a cap on stack height in which case the mithril chest does no improve past its base… Perhaps the devs should be asked about mining caps and stack heights. We already know there are mining speed caps.

Flag Post

Since this is a specific players issue, they will need to contact Support. http://support.nightowlgames.net there may be an issue with loyalty, or perhaps the player is having other issues. Support can work with them individually.

Flag Post

Notice this: there is a distinction in this example, one dungeon is a mountain heart and the other is a regular dungeon in the mountain. Yes, I only have one loyal subject so it is an isolated case. Should I have more loyal subjects then?. I am expecting more in near future. I am working to map this feature and understand its true function. Is it documented someplace? Why the lack of instruction. Why must I discover this limit this late in the game? If there are limits on vault capacity then the entire mountain bonus “Stable Ground” idea is senseless. This limit appears an artifact from time before when Mountain Lords did not exist or were not considered.

Also http://support.nightowlgames.net requests real name and e-mail address to issue support. That is not a necessary feature. I don’t intend to propagate my name looking for bugs.