Suggestions thread page 3 (locked)

109 posts

Flag Post

Something small, but I would like to be able to mute sounds while keeping music on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mattmann:

Something small, but I would like to be able to mute sounds while keeping music on.

Especially with the storage room guy sounding like a massive pervert.

heeurhhuhhh ehhhh…

heeurhhuhhh ehhhh…

heeurhhuhhh ehhhh…

It’s creeping me out to the point I’ve downrated the game.

Flag Post

My latest suggestion: increase the amount of resources that can be send back and forth below lvl 40.
my suggestion would be to increase the amount to 3000 at lvl 20, and 10000 at lvl 30. also, make it count for the sender, not the reciever.

the reason i ask, is i want to help out newer players by getting them higher grades of resources/furniture, but i cant do it for free. however due to the limit placed i can help out maybe 1 person a day, and i can’t recieve from more then 1 player at a time (1k fire and done…blegh)

Flag Post

The higher level player should be able to send unlimited Resources. The limitations are only put into place for lower level players feeding the higher level players.

Players may only receive a combined total of 1000 Resources, in a 24-hour period, from players 10 Levels, or more lower than they are. (Ex. A Level 35 player may not receive more than 1000 Resources total from players Level 25 or lower)

After a player reaches Level 40, they can send freely to players any number of Levels higher than they are

Flag Post

Mag, I was involved in the reasons why the shipping cap was implemented, although it’s not an ideal solution it’s the best I’ve come up with and the specific abuse being done by one specific player was damaging enough to the game that I know why it’s there. I’ll happily share exact details with you, but not publicly, LMK if you want them, it was nasty.

I definitely think it should be 1000 sent per player, not received, this’ll be a bigger problem in a bit for various people.

Oh gods, I’d better warn Str8. Pellets, I know exactly why it’s there, and support the general idea behind it, but it’s not a good fix and it causes a lot of problems in well organised alliances, especially on Necro at the moment, there are reasons why alliance leaders need to move to assist new players in various ways, one of them being military support against aggressive bullies and similar.

We tend to try to trade in crafteds as much as possible, that deals with most of the problem, but not all of it.

Pellets, one reason I came across it as a bad thing was cross region setup-to build a new base, you need to ship in several thousands worth of iron, crystal, etc-if you’re moving to a region where you’ve got players, it makes sense to send stuff to them for them to send to you, if we could send setup resources with the conquest goblins that would really reduce the pain of it, and it would make a LOT of sense.

Flag Post

I will bring this up with the team again, and try to figure out a way to handle this for Alliances. Nothing is ideal, since all a multi accounter would need to do is set up several accounts, and put them all in an Alliance. However, sending materials with the Occupying Goblins may address the unintended limitations, and not give the multiaccounters any benefit.

Flag Post

Dont remove the cap.

I had to deal with it for ages now, you guys can too. Deal with it.

Or do i have to sign up on facebook for my complaints to hold validation here too? I dont need an explanation from a player why its there. Easy enough to figure out.

Thats why they have portal rooms

Flag Post

wow i sound like an ass without coffee.. Sorry guys.

I still support the cap 100%.

Flag Post

Was wondering. I know it can at times come across like “I know everything because I’ve played on Abyss for ages” but the reality is I come across like a know-it-all on the Abyss discussion areas as well half the time, and I know it’s annoying but in this specific case I know exactly which multi it was designed to stop and exactly what they were doing, and as it’s still possible to do some variants of it I don’t want to go into too much detail.

However, I do think it could be finessed a little bit, OTOH I think it has another benefit-it stops higher end players “taxing” lower end players in new regions too much &c, and that’ll get more important as we head off into the new continents as well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MatGB:

Was wondering. I know it can at times come across like “I know everything because I’ve played on Abyss for ages” but the reality is I come across like a know-it-all on the Abyss discussion areas as well half the time, and I know it’s annoying but in this specific case I know exactly which multi it was designed to stop and exactly what they were doing, and as it’s still possible to do some variants of it I don’t want to go into too much detail.

However, I do think it could be finessed a little bit, OTOH I think it has another benefit-it stops higher end players “taxing” lower end players in new regions too much &c, and that’ll get more important as we head off into the new continents as well.

Yeah im bad without coffee sorry again.

My point is any game of this type has antimulti things if multying is not allowed. However, they should be searching out multis, not just preventing the benefits from doing it, and removing them from the game. Dont care about specific example

I support the cap mainly because its screwed me for so long here, everyone can enjoy the pain. lol

Flag Post

That trick might have made one player quit, but it hardly prevents multi-farming. I’m trading diamonds inter-regionally and can still manage to get paid 200K+ gold value on a single goblin from them in manufactured goods that are available to relatively low levels. Really surprised, Mat, you think this was an actual fix to that specific player you mentioned — it only meant they gave up easy like a Facebooker. Kong players are, um, more locust like.

Flag Post

Quit with the Kong vs Facebook stuff, it’s the same freaking game. Yes there are small changes between the servers, but who cares where it is played? Kong has chat, yes, so you’re so much better than the other server just on that one thing alone. As to Mat sounding like he knows it all? He’s done a TON of research and he pretty much DOES know pretty darn much everything, he IS the guy that made the wiki by the way. (and he also had a long list of players that didn’t like that he is always telling people stuff, but that’s not because he wants to lord his knowledge over everyone, it’s because he’s HELPFUL) There’s not a lot of people who after playing for as long as he has that are still interested in answering how do I get friends for the thirtieth time in an hour.

I use facebook. I play on kong. I also play on steam, on xbox and ps3, as well as direct gaming on pc. Guess what? That makes me a gamer. We’re ALL gamers. Ohhhh…. and we’re ALL playing the same game. Who on THIS game is able to give out loads of information to people who might not know it? Oh, people who have played the game before and have been sitting at level 100 for months on a server that growth is half as slow as on this one? Oh, people who are daily using creatures that no one on this server has yet? I am almost at the point here on this server that I was at when I quit, give me about 3 more weeks at the most. So what’s coming next? I don’t know, I’m asking the people from Abyss.

Flag Post

Fascinating.

You know not everyone uses a wiki right? I play, experiment, do things wrong, do things right.

Flag Post

GFFG, calm down. I’m saying the gameplay style of “people on Facebook” and “people on Kong” is very different. Let me be more specific, IF I wanted to multi-account on Kong, the 1K limit of transfer wouldn’t be a problem at all, it wouldn’t even have been my route of pulling it off. So if instituting that change was intended to break the back of multi-accounting on Facebook, I do not believe that’s going to be enough to dissuade it from happening at Kong. It is more a sign that they didn’t have as much of a multi-account problem on Facebook than they are likely to encounter on Kong if this gets popular. Here, you’ll even have to deal with the dilemna of multis that spend money on each of the accounts!

Flag Post

Im curious as to what active anti multying measures NOG uses, versus passive.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharkhunter:

Fascinating.

You know not everyone uses a wiki right? I play, experiement, do things wrong, do things right.

Sounds like the current real world administration. Don’t learn from others mistakes, go ahead and make the same ones over and over again. Telling people you don’t like to learn or do like to use reference material, in my opinon, is like telling people that you like being ignorant.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zodeseeker:

Fascinating.

You know not everyone uses a wiki right? I play, experiement, do things wrong, do things right.

Sounds like the current real world administration. Don’t learn from others mistakes, go ahead and make the same ones over and over again. Telling people you don’t like to learn or do like to use reference material, in my opinon, is like telling people that you like being ignorant.

Not at all. Its part of the joy i get from gaming. For me its more the journey, not the destination. I dont compare gaming to how i deal with real life.

Flag Post

and as for this part “There’s not a lot of people who after playing for as long as he has that are still interested in answering how do I get friends for the thirtieth time in an hour.” heh no kidding, i burned out the first day it left beta. hes got the patience of Job

Flag Post

I add friends so i can get them to join me then give them 3 jewel cases per dungeon, that way when they go inactive i have a lot of farms that hold 4k gold each…. good to have middle game

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zodeseeker:

Fascinating.

Not at all. Its part of the joy i get from gaming. For me its more the journey, not the destination. I dont compare gaming to how i deal with real life.

My point exactly. Ignorance is bliss, or so they say.

Flag Post

apart from the whole multi thing here, it’s the whole continued us against them that I don’t understand, I’ve seen it from the first day we came here. There’s even those of us who no longer play on facebook, but I still hear the term facebookers, or here we go more facebook stuff. I think it’s taken a lot of heat off that would normally be reserved for beta players, but if anything, people should look at gamers willing to move servers for a game as a good thing about the game. There’s not a lot of games that you can take 50+ players and move them like that, believe me, I’ve tried. I quit playing months ago, and have been trying to find another game that I enjoyed and there just wasn’t one like this one, and seeing it come up on kong, not only did I join, but I grabbed as many as I could to come with me.

I don’t use a wiki either Shark, most of the time. But I do look up the things I don’t know, like, what do I need to make a portal, cause I’m about to get the research and want the stuff inside. I could ask someone and they could tell me, but that takes away from other good things they’re doing. And like you, sometimes when I see people asking questions I want to say to them, click every single button and every single tab in your game to look and see where everything is, and what everything does, and THEN ask. But that’s not the fault of the one player asking, it’s the fault of the three hundred that asked me first other questions that I figured out on my own the first time around. That’s the drawback with a chat, people are lazy and want to get on the right track right away. There just aren’t enough guides yet, and we’re all too busy to make them, plus now with all the new people, we’re too busy answering simple questions that people could find out themselves if they looked.

In any case, please stop the us against them stuff. We’re here on kong. We may not be the locusts that swarm from game to game, or badge hunters, but we are on kong, so we are kong players. Hell, I might get some locust like behaviour when I have a chance to breathe, there’s a lot of cool games here. I’ve asked the people that played the game before to tone down the whole, oh I wish I had my monsters from IA here, and if you can meet us in the middle and bridge this divide I’d appreciate it. I’m so sick of hearing complaints from both sides.

Flag Post

Zode, i think im missing something here, or we are talking past each other.

I have found out things about this game, with some of the members of MS, that im told are not in the wiki, etc. Thats why i dont use one myself, i dont want to limit my options by following a recipe. Believe it or not, we have figured out a few things here in the beta that maybe people could learn from us too?

I wasnt trying to take away from the work put into making it, not at all, its awesome from what ive heard and the parts ive checked for furniture. To me its about trying to find the loopholes. Then its nice to check to see if anyone else has too.

Flag Post

and NP GFFG, i only made the snark yesterday,and apologized, as you can see im an ass without coffee.

Flag Post

GFFG, happy to start a separate thread about “us vs. them”. My perspective is different than yours on the source and cause of that.

Flag Post

Zode’s an ass even with coffee sharkhunter don’t take it personally!