Suggestions thread page 4 (locked)

109 posts

Flag Post

There needs to be something like an “Are you sure?” Button if/when you accidentaly press the cancel button on a mission.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl:

Zode’s an ass even with coffee sharkhunter don’t take it personally!

Heh i always knew i couldnt trust someone who only drinks decaf

Flag Post

The confirmation for canceling a Raid was suggested earlier, and passed on. Hopefully that’s something the team can look into, and include soon for players.

Flag Post

An early payday button-(free)
it would still do all the negatives (pay out money, food, reduce efficiency), but none of the positives (increase morale, health) to preserve play balance, but it would allow you to reset that timer to something convenient to you (synching all you dungeons in one region, maximizing shocks time, etc.)

Flag Post

I have 2 suggestions.

First:
Some sort of alliance market that is open only to stonegaters (or some sort of tech milestone) in the same alliance, which might be a very practical way to foster greater coordination and inter-alliance cooperation.

Large alliances may use spreadsheets and other tools, but these are one-time only sunk costs. For small alliances especially, the initial cost in the amount of coordination needed to produce tangible benefits may prove to be too high.

A plethora of small alliances would probably prove a greater incentive for consistent player activity (which should be the goal of course) than a handful of continent spanning ones.

Second:
I somewhat hesitate to make this suggestion. Not all that well thought out, but I think a mechanic for long standing players to receive small amounts of dungeon coins over time would prove beneficial to the devs. The advantages of such may not be readily apparent to you, but let me elucidate.

1) This mechanic may perhaps be made as some sort of login bonus, increasing activity and rewarding consistency. (I know you already have this, but perhaps 1 dungeon coin or something would prove to be better carrot, as the attractiveness of the rewards diminish over time) I leave the amounts to your own internal calculations. We all know that games like this depend on daily logins, as the attrition rate is very high once players disrupt their gameplay schedules.

2) Helps stave off the huge amounts of criticism and prejudice from ‘free’ players, who in large numbers write off microtransaction based games as ‘greedy’ or ‘money-grubbing’

3) Once free based players start using dungeon coins, it breaks a habit, giving them greater incentive to spend small amounts of coins. This is especially so as I feel many of the shop items are reasonably priced (many microtransaction based games don’t fulfill this criteria) Being on kong also is an advantage, as free players have the ability to simply use kong offers for this. (This doesnt affect you, im would think kong transfers the money at a similar rate, without concern for the source)

You may critique this suggestion in the sense that – since free players can simply use surveys, will awarding a few dungeon coins produce any real difference? However, I assure you the difference exists. Sometimes it is all about pushing your players to make their first purchases.

I am rather a veteran of this genre, and understand that these kinds of microtransaction, daily login, build-and-conquer mmos have a limited player pool, thus my entire perspective about expanding appeal may not be very useful. But part of this is because build-and-conquer mmos especially, have a very bad reputation as purely pay-to-win. Some sort of dungeon coin award would go a long way to combatting this perception.

I feel that this game is particularly well made, with layers of complexity and detail that many developers do not bother to include. While the current kongregate server may prove to be a large increase to your player base, much more can be done. Games like caesary or wartune (other kong mmos) remain hobbled to the negative pay-to-win stereotype, but this one has the potential for much more. Consider the success of daily log-in games like tyrant or dawn of the dragons. I know these may not be the best comparison (being merely daily log-in of another genre, rather then build-and conquer), but I think that some of their success has a lot to do with their presentation and small little gestures like these to the player base, which make them feel appreciated.

You don’t want one matgb, one sharkhunter. You want dozens of them. You dont want 2 rooms of players that may dwindle in number as the game goes off the front page. That is the role of a game with average to sub-par production values and little complexity. You want 20 rooms. In tons of small competitive alliances that form strong bonds and support each other and create player retention. (there is much less of a social factor on kong, its different from facebook) You want to give people the initial benefit of alliances and Then give them greater incentive to organize.

Welp, this brings me in the direction of making more suggestions for fostering intra and inter alliance competition, but lets leave this to another time. But you developers are no fools. Im sure you get my point. And that purely destructive competition is not sufficient to foster a large player base.

Flag Post

We’ve been discussing ways to make Alliances more viable across Regions, opening up a Market that way, or even an Alliance Bank. When we are able to work more in the direction of Alliances, hopefully we will be able to come up with a solution for trades and other ways to make coordination and communication more viable.

For your second suggestion, we have discussed that as well, and hope to offer ways for players earn Dungeon Marks, in game, in the future.

Flag Post

I would like to see a starter dungeon move in the marketplace so new friends or even new allies can move closer to me. This would be espeacially helpful if that friend ends up in another zone when he joins the overworld at lvl 10 and still has some left over DM’s.

Flag Post

That’s actually currently implemented. To do this, a player locate an open Starter location, then, in the menu to left, there is an icon with a green arrow pointing to an open Dungeon slot. A payment window will then open, and after the player accepts, their starter Dungeon will be full relocated to the open slot. This is more difficult in already populated Regions, but we are working on offering more options to move to, even in the fuller Regions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

That’s actually currently implemented. To do this, a player locate an open Starter location, then, in the menu to left, there is an icon with a green arrow pointing to an open Dungeon slot. A payment window will then open, and after the player accepts, their starter Dungeon will be full relocated to the open slot. This is more difficult in already populated Regions, but we are working on offering more options to move to, even in the fuller Regions.

yes, but since this is not possible with the “friend” slots, it is only usefull for moving into a new region, before other spawn, and proceed to beat the crap out of them. friend slots should be enabled for this to atleast, during the early times, create space in starter slots in old areas

Flag Post
Originally posted by Magnitudem:
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

yes, but since this is not possible with the “friend” slots, it is only usefull for moving into a new region, before other spawn, and proceed to beat the crap out of them. friend slots should be enabled for this to atleast, during the early times, create space in starter slots in old areas

Fine, if thats implemented, no problem. No one complain when i drop 5 dungeons around your research dungeon in the span of 10 minutes and murder you.

Ware the Golem…..all Im saying.

@Kaboomba

Great post, some great points in general. I willl point out free kred offers, kong surveys, etc, are useless to almost the entire world. If you arent in the USA, they pretty much dont work, or care, about you filling out surveys. Doesnt detract from your points though.

PS.

There is only one sharkhunter, Fear the Hive

Flag Post

@shark
Thanks. I think I was trying to take the dev perspective in this particular post, to argue in terms of concrete advantages in terms of numbers and appeal – while I don’t have the statistics, my assumption is that the majority of users would be americans, so that argument may not be as cogent if they look at it from a financial point of view. Of course, theres also a moral issue in that too, by indirectly discriminating against some users. That should be taken into account as well, as well as how gamers intuitively grasp this and the impact on their overall impressions. I guess Im just trying to argue only from the lowest common denominator.

@nightowl_pellets
Thanks for reading my lengthy post. Also, I had previously gathered that these specific suggestions were under some form of consideration. However, my objectives were not only to try to state the advantages out clearly and convincingly, but also to convey the urgency behind implementation of these features. Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough before.

Being a developer for a social media development company, you have to be far more familiar than I am, about the concept of critical mass for a player base. Many games acquire much of their users at launch. These numbers normally change slowly. Only some select games (very few) get to the next stage where at some undefined point, it achieves critical mass, acquires a large enough following then user numbers explode, after which it tends to perpetuate itself, acquiring new users through word of mouth, through inertia, etc. I don’t have access to your specific numbers. But it really seems likely from my end, that 2 rooms is not enough to count as critical mass. Right now it seems like u’re banking on niche appeal to ‘build and conquer’ gamers, or dungeon keeper fans.

Front page status on kong or publicity by being on the ‘hot new games’ tab, is a limited resource, and quite expensive I believe. The kongregate server problems have already impacted the advantage you could have had. Every day development dallies or debates on these features is another day of potential revenue evaporating into nothingness. Well, I don’t think I put it that well here, but I wont bother to write more. This is probably one of the reasons you guys expanded to kong. Im sure whoever you have in charge of business development knows exactly what Im talking about. Its obvious!

Flag Post

Free idea for NoG in the spirit of kaboomba’s suggestions about DM. This game will live or die now based upon the rating. Other developers (like 5th Planet Games) have been very effective at motivating rating behavior with something like this:

When the rating on Kong gets to 3.75, every player gets 5DM.
When the rating on Kong gets to 4.00, every player gets 10DM.
When the rating on Kong gets to 4.25, every player gets 15DM.
When the rating on Kong gets to 4.5, every player gets 20DM.

You’ll unlock players telling each other to rate the game 5 stars. You can even set a timeline for it — must be reached by a particular date. If you actually manage to get to 4.5 rating, the massive new increase in traffic (in great part from badges) will make the 50DM per player (most of which are inactive anyway) seem like a great investment.

Flag Post

how about when goblins travel to a dungeon and comeback empty handed, they can bring back a shipment with them instead of each dungeon having to send goblins. also in the market, sometimes my goblins travel one hour and when they get there the resource is sold out or only a few left. i ask for more dungeon tiles, instead of only one room for the two research have it be for all dungeons.

Flag Post

Not sure if this has been suggested but we are in terrible need of one of the following:

1) Allow us to pick up furniture that comes from upgrading rooms, but while you have this picked up the room acts as level one.

2) Have a “rearrange mode” where we can move rooms with the tiles underneath them and whatnot.

Flag Post

Hi, guys! One of your support staff told me I should relay a suggestion I sent him to you, so that it might take effect, since he thought the idea was worth noting.

I’ll just paste what I sent him, I’m lazy. :D

“_A suggestion: within the overworld events, the Cancel button is to close to the Close button, both physically and in meaning, which often leads me to accidentally cancelling my raids – most unnerving stuff. I suggest that the button says ‘Cancel Attack’ or ‘Cancel Raid’ or whatever it is that the button will cancel.

I know it’s my own mistake, but I simply feel it’s an easy mistake to make. I don’t think I’m the only one doing it, and it sets you back a ways._"

Thanks for your time! :)

Flag Post

Aaand just now I see that this suggestion is old news… :/ So sorry for wasting everybody’s time.

Flag Post

Not at all: but suggestions should be made in a new thread; and encourage others to comment. That’s how a suggestion gets “Weight” and makes it into our Queue (very large backlog) of work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_TheH:

Not at all: but suggestions should be made in a new thread; and encourage others to comment. That’s how a suggestion gets “Weight” and makes it into our Queue (very large backlog) of work.

Oh, okay – I saw the ‘suggestions thread’ so I suggested. :) Anyway, I did as you suggested, the new thread is up, cheers!

Flag Post

I think the crafting reward for upgrading a room to level 5 should include +1 dungeon tiles. making it possible to add 21 more tiles to all the dungeons.

Flag Post

add the shock button to the creature panel.

Flag Post

1- Thief spying Dungeons , should be able to spy how many resourcers are there and in wich rooms.. Maybe they need a lvl requirement to spy some rooms. For example , at lvl 10 they tell you what’s in the vault , at lvl 20 what’s in the storage , and go on.

2- When raiding dungeons i would really like if you could select more than one room to raid. Same as before it could have a level requirement .. just raiding 2 rooms together would be great!

Flag Post

Well, I am a bit confused, wether suggestions, should go here, or in there own thread, or possibly both, so I will just try both.
As I elaborated here , I think the interface for market sales could be greatly enhanced, if all empty market slots were greyed out or otherwise marked as empty. This would save potential sellers from frustrating clicking through empty slots, and enable the sale of unexpected goods, like refined materials or furniture.

Ah, yes, on a completely unrelated not, I want to support LopesPipe’s suggestion: “add the shock button to the creature panel”, and, maybe reduce the shock animations to keep the game from freezing if several shocks are applied in a row.

Flag Post

When receiving a Mystery Box from attacking the Elves I would like to see a 1x percentage chance of one of your thives (need to be a certain level like say 30) to open the box if you do try to open the box and your thief fails to open it the box is destroyed or you can buy a key to open it this would give those that dont pay to play a chance to open the boxes. How bout it devs??

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ghoulking:

Well, I am a bit confused, wether suggestions, should go here, or in there own thread, or possibly both, so I will just try both.
As I elaborated here , I think the interface for market sales could be greatly enhanced, if all empty market slots were greyed out or otherwise marked as empty. This would save potential sellers from frustrating clicking through empty slots, and enable the sale of unexpected goods, like refined materials or furniture.

Ah, yes, on a completely unrelated not, I want to support LopesPipe’s suggestion: “add the shock button to the creature panel”, and, maybe reduce the shock animations to keep the game from freezing if several shocks are applied in a row.

Fulll support from me GK

Flag Post

GK, personally I prefer one thread per substantive suggestion normally, but as we only have one busy area I think smaller one off suggestions work best here, but it’s really up to Harlan and Pellets.

The market needs a complete revamp, and has needed it for ages- a few months back they had two different ideawall votes for players to decide prioritires in development, Alliance Chat won the first (and we got the Thing at the bottom that’s too annoying to use), and the PVP revamp and campaign game won the second-that’s a big job they’ve nearly finished.

When the next vote comes up, I shall be lobbying hard for all players, especially players that’ve started recently and rely on teh market, to support alliance revamp, it’s so horribly bad that I forget it’s there half the time.