Server01 & Server02 Merger on Jan 5th(updated)

101 posts

Flag Post

Commanders, the Developers of Galaxy Online II are pleased to announce an exciting server merger! With this merger, all players can interact with their friends from other servers in GO II. This means more FRIENDS, more FUN, and definitely much more ACTION! Do you have what it takes to beat the best players from the other servers? Let’s find out!

In an effort to boost player interaction while restructuring the playing field, we will be merging 2 servers this week.
1. Servers S01.Ursa Major and S02.Ursa Minor will be brought down at 01:00 (Server Time: GMT-5), Jan 5th and brought back online as S01.Ursa Major.
2. The process will last approximately 1 hour. The exact completion time will depend on the progress of the server merge. The servers will be open as soon as possible.
3. If the server merging process is completed before estimated time, the server will be open at an earlier time.
4. Please do not purchase any Mall Points for an account linked to any of these two servers involved during the merger to avoid any unnecessary losses.
5. During the period of time, Server03 will still be accessible.

Rewards:
After the server-merge finishes, players will receive
>>500 (S01.Ursa Major) vouchers
>>1500 (S02.Ursa Minor) vouchers
>> Adv Galaxy Transfer

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Should any problems occur prior to the switch, the developers of Galaxy Online II will do their best to announce them before the merger begins.

Merger Rules:
1. All player IDs will be changed automatically.
2. All fleets not stationed at a player’s home planet will be dismissed automatically.
3. All active Resource Pack Boosters will be paused during the merger and reactivated after the switch has completed.
4. The possibility of duplicate names across servers has been considered. Character and Corps name matches from S01.Ursa Major and S02.Ursa Minor will be renamed with a numerical suffix.
5. All open requests to join Corps and Corps event information will be deleted.
6. All Resource Bonus Planets will be vacated and controlled by Computer Pirates. All Corps will be compensated for their losses based on the level of the Space Station within their respective RBPs.
7. All active battles will cease immediately with all remaining warships sent back to their home planets when the servers are brought down.
8. All individual League Match ranks will remain unchanged.
9. Any Lv1-9 profile that has been inactive for 14 days or more will be deleted during the merger.
10. All players’ friend lists will be cleared.
11. All in-game messages will be deleted during the server merger. Please take all unclaimed items out of your mailbox before the merger. The developers of GOII will NOT be responsible for any loss caused by this.
12. It is advised to 1) withdraw any current ongoing auctions in the auction house, and 2) ensure there are no ships currently undergoing repairs in the shipyard prior to the server merger to minimize the chances of data loss during the merger process. The Galaxy Online II team will NOT take any responsibility nor compensate for losses incurred from the above methods after the merger.
13. All unclaimed Metal Resource Comsats and He3 Resource Comsats in Subsidiary Territories will be removed during the merger.
14. Players from the old S.01 and S.02 servers will be given a random new location for their Home Planets after the server merge.

Flag Post

I find it pretty unfair that s1 players get 1/3d the vouchers, but whatever… This is still great! Farming time!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconlazurus:

I find it pretty unfair that s1 players get 1/3d the vouchers, but whatever… This is still great! Farming time!

Considering we’re all a month more mature, they need the vouchers to catch up.

Loss of friends lists is unfortunate though.

And isn’t it normal for a server merge to include an Adv Galaxy Transfer?

Flag Post

IGG what about the wealth that corps have spent on RBP defenses? Will that be returned to the corps? All you mention is the space station lvl compensation.

Flag Post

congratulations IGG, you guys just cost yourselves a bunch of paying players most likely.

Flag Post

I honestly thought this was a joke when I first read it. I’m quite amused at IGG’s judgement. Poor S02 guys…
Dracon, 1,500 vouchers will not speed S02 guys by over a month, weak point.

This is gonna be a cluster efff. I want in!

Flag Post

wee…. 4 months behind amounts to 1500 vouchers…

Flag Post

OK… I have no problems with a merge. But 500 vouchers for S01 vs 1500 for S02 sounds vastly unfair, especially given that new players on S01 are in the same boat as S02 players. We are all going to be disrupted quite a bit.

1. Stands to reason.
2. Ditto
3. OK
4. This sucks to a great degree, I would humbly submit that persons affected should be granted a free name change
5. OK
6. While on the surface this may look fair, I see nothing here about the resources that were spent on upgrading defences, and that is not small change for some.
7. This is good.
8. Not so sure how this will play out. Might be more fair to set everyone to 1 and let em scramble for it from scratch
9. Is level 1 – 9 High enough? LOL
10. This is gonna suck but I imagine it is connected to the new ID numbers. Is it possible to get an in game mail stating your friends were, their new IDs are?
11. Fairly warned.
12. Again, fairly warned
13. Yet again, OK.
14. I can understand many people occupy the same place in both servers, hence the need for this. could you at least gift everyone with 1 advance transfer to address this issue?

Respectfully Spartan159 S01.Ursa Major

Flag Post

Hum.. what can we do with 1500 voucher? Use it to reach same lvl as S01?? i hope it is Enough .

Flag Post
Originally posted by ericott:

I honestly thought this was a joke when I first read it.

Same. What was the point in having the different servers to begin with if we’re still going to end up being slaughtered by the guys with several months’ more time in the game? I won’t spend another cent on this game… and honestly, if I can hand off my post in my corp to someone else, I’ll probably quit altogether. Or if my corp falls apart as players leave because of this.

Flag Post

I agree this is unfair, which is why I propose a ban on attacking s2 players for 2 weeks while they get set up

Flag Post

“All Resource Bonus Planets will be vacated and controlled by Computer Pirates. All Corps will be compensated for their losses based on the level of the Space Station within their respective RBPs”

We still don’t know what “compensated” means…

And shouldn’t S02 get like 50% more than S01 to catch up a little ?

Flag Post

No, that would be too much. However, I’d support s2 players getting a mvp tool or something like that

Flag Post

I’d like to throw some light on the concept of “behind”. How is a person starting on S02 1 month ago any different from a person starting on S01 a month ago? As far as I can see at the moment, it is the lack of higher level players selling commodities in the market place, balanced on the other hand by a less harassment while developing. I’m all for giving them a leg up if they need, but I’m a little fuzzy on the behind thing.

Flag Post

i think this is a good and bad idea.as i and many other people suggested a server merger will help both servers not die, while the server 2 people will get slaughered.also i think that everyone should get an adv trans since some corps like to be clustered. since server 2 is so much behind giving them 1500 vouchers and a mvp tool would be better.

Flag Post

I’m utterly displeased @ the way you IGG handle this merger/game ,if my ingame friends do quite because of this I’ll be very unhappy and forced to terminate my account .

Flag Post

Well I think rule no.4 sucks. I have a very common in-game name and I was happy to use it, but adding some random numbers will ruin it entirely. That alone gives me enough reason to quit. At least give an option to change the name to something i’d like.

Flag Post

adv transfer 1 free name change if yours is change is mando in my book..or never spending another cent..

Flag Post

Jesus christ, will you guys be happy with anything? first you whine that the server is dead, and now you whine that you get in the big server with more bps for sale and better corps? wtf is wrong with you people?

Flag Post

Also igg, would you mind telling us how corps will be compensated? do we get all of our wealth back?

Flag Post

Wish I didn’t just put another $20 to this game… we will be outgunned and farmed when merged to S1 that is months ahead of us. Should really sue IGG for breach of contract… _

Well, last IGG game I’ll ever play for sure…

Flag Post

Server 1 is three months or more ahead of server 2, so how is it fair for top s02 accounts to become bottom of the barrel? 1500 vouchers will hardly help catch up in tech and/or research, so I propose that s02 receive at least a supply of truce cards as well. This will give s02 members enough time to make new allies and settle into the new surroundings, and not allow the server 1 steroid freaks to rape the once top server 2 accounts upon entry.

A LOT of s02 members are seriously considering quitting, which mostly include the money-donators /contributors to your website to be compensated. I believe that my proposal is reasonable, especially after announcing this after the X-Mas event which screwed a lot of people.

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

i think you should modify the no.9 from lvl 9 to lvl 15 because badgers quit at that point in the game still it might be unfair to those people that are new to the game.

Flag Post

You so2 people are forgetting one very, very important thing about this server merge.
You are acting as if the server merge means that so1 and so2 will separate into two groups, and then so1 will massacre the other in a curbstomp war between the servers.
However, you are forgetting the very definition of a MERGE.
The servers combine into a single entity. So2 corps and players will not be picked on by so1 more than origional so1 corps and players of similar power will be. The only exceptions would be if we found the so2 corps and players to be particularly annoying.

Flag Post

^ We (That is the top corps) Are against s2 players being picked on. We want this game to continue as much as you guys do, and farming you to hell and gone won’t help with that.