Can anybody explain why I play this game?

17 posts

Flag Post

There’s seriously no point. You can keep progressing as long as you keep increasing your resource gatherers. you don’t need to do anything else.
I also find it disturbing that current Christmas rewards for being online which can be gathered several times a day are more or less all better then lucky wheel and voucher collection which are also free and can only be done once each day.
The game gives nill satisfaction for anything and the only reason to play is because idle games are easy.
Off all the multi player games I’ve played I think only ninja was did less for me. Ceasary was a stupid peace of crap that I think was ultimately shut down for copyright infringement (if I recall correctly they where a 100% carbon copy of another game) to boot there was a security hole that a truck could be driven through. but at least armies where necessary for advancement in the game giving it a sense of purpose.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lock_of_fear:

There’s seriously no point. You can keep progressing as long as you keep increasing your resource gatherers. you don’t need to do anything else.
I also find it disturbing that current Christmas rewards for being online which can be gathered several times a day are more or less all better then lucky wheel and voucher collection which are also free and can only be done once each day.
The game gives nill satisfaction for anything and the only reason to play is because idle games are easy.
Off all the multi player games I’ve played I think only ninja was did less for me. Ceasary was a stupid peace of crap that I think was ultimately shut down for copyright infringement (if I recall correctly they where a 100% carbon copy of another game) to boot there was a security hole that a truck could be driven through. but at least armies where necessary for advancement in the game giving it a sense of purpose.

Well i play alot of games like this, time management and strategy to some extent, i even quitted one before i started playing this. That being said all games are a waste of time because we spend ALOT of time playing them only to get bored of them eventually and move on. I play this game because idk really lol it keeps me for now.

Flag Post

There is more to it then you are implying. I eagerly wait borntolose his comment on this, just because you deserve it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ninpoa:

all games are a waste of time because we spend ALOT of time playing them only to get bored of them eventually and move on.

You make an excellent point. Problem is I feel like I’m wasting my time.

Originally posted by Fortunate:
There is more to it then you are implying. I eagerly wait borntolose his comment on this, just because you deserve it.

There’s more to the game yes, but it has no core required quest line. The goals are all vague and extremely long term (beat all the instances and get all the buildings and upgrades). There’s no feeling of progress or point.

I don’t know who this borntolose fellow is but it sounds like as long as I have an open mind and perhaps a sense of humor his comments will be both amusing and educational.

edit: I looked him up. He’s sarcastic but usually doesn’t contribute much in the way of information. If we’re lucky he might be funny. If your reading this borntolose no pressure :P

Flag Post

No worries man i can’t feel pressure anymore since i’m on my meds.

I crud up this game’s forums precisely because this is the worst of a series of farm-to-farm wait-to-play games that have been on Kong. Caesary was indeed much better directed towards at least a game-like purpose in playing it, but like you say, just because it was a ripoff of Senatry, I think it was. I forget. It was actually a less polished game that Caesary then improved on, but problem was, the guy behind Caesary was a former employee of the original game and just ripped it off piecemeal.

Lord of Ages is a little more decent but the problem there too is that it’s easy to forget what you’re farming anything for (more farming).

As for what Fortunate may have wanted me to say: this game is run by Google Translate and people who don’t understand gameplay design and instead just wanted to draw spaceships and charge people money for as corny items as they can get away with, like “Legendary Robert” or “Galactic Gumballs.” As a result this game is populated by gamers with extremely low standards who are quite entertaining to watch.

Flag Post

you know this game attracts trolls who dont even care about the game yet they play it so they can say they play ti when they troll it and it becomes very interesting to watch (even if their spammy and annoying)

but bakc on topic

1 theres no point really to any game when you get down to it

2 if you want to be truely successful you need to PvP cause its kinda a PvP base game

3 duh its Christmas! of course their gonna be good (except for greedy devs (we got lucky with rewards))

4 this isnt easy when your being farmed trust me

5 try tyrant?

Flag Post

I’ve stopped asking myself this kind of question and just want to leave this spoilt young brats meeting place. Thing is: HOW to do so without my planet becoming a farm for the aforementioned? Shall I have to close my Kongregate account to get rid of this nightmare?

Flag Post

Well I was being a little too optimistic about closing my Kongregate account… Cos’ one just CANNOT CLOSE ONE’S ACCOUNT on Kong, my good sir !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems we’re all trapped here unless we humbly write a mail asking to be freed :(

Flag Post

PM a mod for a ban. They’ll do it for ya.

Flag Post

Can anyone here please define what a game with a purpose really is? as long as its not educational.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hitman8:

Can anyone here please define what a game with a purpose really is? as long as its not educational.

A game with a clearly defined goal where once reached you can say you have ‘won’ or ‘finished’. Games without this tend to be sand box games where there are a lot of different things to do and you just experiment and raise your stats until you’ve seen everything or at least enough.

some basic examples of both are
games with a goal:
monopoly: goal is to bankrupt the other players.
risk:be the last army standing
mario finish the last level. and if your a completionist there are a lot of collectables and optionals but once you get them all it’s 100% clear.

sandbox:
the sims. see everything do everything but if you feel like a goal try to improve your income and furniture and sim skill level.
also any game my maxis pritty much.

other:
league of legends. win individual matches. this allows you to level up which allows you to win more matches. but the goal is to win matches. every time you win a match you can be said to have “won” though it’s worthy of note that you can never say you’ve finished the game only the match.

galaxys online:
1. farm to get money to get more money? which reminds me of property in dawn of the dragons. Though I think they finally found a reason for gold to exist.
2. complete instances.
3. complete quests.
4. beat down other players

The critical problem is that 2-4 seems to have little to no bearing on 1.
3 only has anything to do with anything early game when you haven’t got a big income stream.

2&4 can be said to be the goal of the game but the game does nothing to nudge you in this direction. also far from having #1 benefit from this building ships to do 2&4 makes #1 harder. basically the game design sucks.

Flag Post

I’m sorry, you haven’t defined what a game is but what types of game there are. Your first paragraph is wrong too. A game is a creation or an idea, made to entertain or fill in time. IDK about you, but this game was a major timesink when i started. Now i just play to boost my corps coffers cause it takes a minute and feels nice. This game does have some merits as a game, i played till level 60ish solely cause of the ship customization, always loved that in games, but after that wears off i don’t think anyone will stay into the game unless part of a corps or trying to get leader boards, or as per the original idea, to fill in time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kalkara:

I’m sorry, you haven’t defined what a game is but what types of game there are. Your first paragraph is wrong too. A game is a creation or an idea, made to entertain or fill in time. IDK about you, but this game was a major timesink when i started. Now i just play to boost my corps coffers cause it takes a minute and feels nice. This game does have some merits as a game, i played till level 60ish solely cause of the ship customization, always loved that in games, but after that wears off i don’t think anyone will stay into the game unless part of a corps or trying to get leader boards, or as per the original idea, to fill in time.

hes right but if you want the definition to what a game “is” Google it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hitman8:

A game with a clearly defined goal where once reached you can say you have ‘won’ or ‘finished’. Games without this tend to be sand box games where there are a lot of different things to do and you just experiment and raise your stats until you’ve seen everything or at least enough.

some basic examples of both are
games with a goal:
monopoly: goal is to bankrupt the other players.
risk:be the last army standing
mario finish the last level. and if your a completionist there are a lot of collectables and optionals but once you get them all it’s 100% clear.

sandbox:
the sims. see everything do everything but if you feel like a goal try to improve your income and furniture and sim skill level.
also any game my maxis pritty much.

other:
league of legends. win individual matches. this allows you to level up which allows you to win more matches. but the goal is to win matches. every time you win a match you can be said to have “won” though it’s worthy of note that you can never say you’ve finished the game only the match.

galaxys online:
1. farm to get money to get more money? which reminds me of property in dawn of the dragons. Though I think they finally found a reason for gold to exist.
2. complete instances.
3. complete quests.
4. beat down other players

The critical problem is that 2-4 seems to have little to no bearing on 1.
3 only has anything to do with anything early game when you haven’t got a big income stream.

2&4 can be said to be the goal of the game but the game does nothing to nudge you in this direction. also far from having #1 benefit from this building ships to do 2&4 makes #1 harder. basically the game design sucks.

Learn how to code and create your own game. Apparently this is the only way that you will ever be satisfied.

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

Tossing a used tampax into a trash can is more game-like than this doozy

Flag Post
Originally posted by Borntolose:

Tossing a used tampax into a trash can is more game-like than this doozy

Tampax are better suited for drinking red kool-aid.

Flag Post

I guess really the only question I have, aside from the questionable lack of content updates, is why are almost all the females practically naked in this game? Cliche question, I know, but could we get some kind of back story here? Is there a mandatory breed-fest in progress that justifies their mass exposure, or is it one of those “We did it just to appease horny teenage boys” events? I mean, okay, cool, they’re naked, some are in suggestive poses, sex sells, whatever… but c’mon, someone please justify just once storyline-wise the quasi nude female condition.

Other than that, it’s another time spender game where you can spend real money to get a significant advantage over people that just want to spend time building up forces for the sole desire to fulfilll their OCD urges. I’m one of them. It’s a good way to pass the time while waiting on employers to look at my resume. :P