New Player Warning (For Badge Collectors)

48 posts

Flag Post

Hello,

If you’re checking out this forum because you want to play the game for the badge, and you’re curious about playing it later…. I strongly recommend you don’t get too invested. It will be another case of ‘once you get the MMO badge and you aren’t protected, power players will attack you over and over, and take your resources.’

However, if you stay on top of upgrades and quickly get your resource gatherers upgraded, you’ll hit Level 15 in no time, and you can leave because the biggest guys steal all your resources. For some reason, IGG doesn’t believe in helping new players, they just want their strongest players to keep playing, which means new players can get walked on.

Even using a ‘Truce Card’ to gain protection leaves you vulnerable for 1 hour when it runs out, and people WILL take your resources during that time. And again, if you do this quickly, you won’t need to waste any real world money, so save your money for something else you’ll enjoy.

Good luck collecting badges!

Flag Post

Maybe you were bad at the game. As a higher lvl player I don’t go near new players, not worth the time. Also, as a new player, you don’t really have a reason to have resources saved up; you should be leveling your rez production burning up all of your rez. I feel this game is easy to start up in, only hard part for new players is finding a corps.

Flag Post

Oh, yes, its easy to start up in. Easy to get the badge. Then they can stop playing, before they accumulate resources only to get robbed by higher level players. That’s noble of you to say you don’t go near new players, but you don’t speak for all the higher level players obviously.

I wasn’t really a ‘new player’ exactly, and I lost 5 million of each resource after being attacked SIX times in a few hours by the same high level player in the top-rated Corps. My resource production was at max, while I waited for the level 8 Space Station.

But alas, it was a waste of time because, like most of these play-to-win MMOs on Kongregate, the players who got in early can dominate in an open PvP environment, and past the introductory ‘get the badge’ experience, new players can expect to be heartily destroyed in an uphill battle. They can’t keep enough materials coming in to build up enough defense to stand a chance. It’s a pretty normal experience in these types of games, so while its nice of you to stand up for Galaxy Online, it just does what all these other games do,so its really not a big deal.

Just, you know, buyer beware. Get your badge and move on, that’s all.

Flag Post

I think you had a bad experience and are now being butthurt and blaming the game. So effing what if you get assaulted by top tier players, there’s an item for that. Truce cards, Still being harassed? Galaxy Transfer, use an advanced and move as far away as you deem. if you were being farmed its your own fault, not IGG

TL;DR: op was butthurt a player won against him and farmed him when he stockpiled, so instead of doing something about it he rage-quit and wanted to shit on fourm

Flag Post

I’ve actually never been attacked. Most players don’t get attacked at all during normal play.

My guess is the OP pissed someone off. As in any MMO where you can be attacked by other players, you need to keep your head down when you are new and avoid being rude to other players until you can back it up.

Flag Post

Both wrong, trying to make me look bad to defend your poorly designed game – your loyalty is amusing, but it doesn’t change the facts.

In 2 months of playing this game, I never ONCE attacked another player, ever. Didn’t insult people in chat. I loathe PvP and I’m old enough to know better that there’s plenty of people who will attack you just to try and show you up. And since there’s no restrictions on that here, I keep to myself and just do my own thing.

Also, I had a truce card, but the truce cards are DESIGNED to have a period of time where you can be attacked before you can start another one. Someone waited until I was offline and my truce card expired – whoops, apparently if you have a personal life and errands to run in the real world, you’re not allowed to enjoy Galaxy Online, hmm? I suppose that’s my fault too, and not a poorly designed game? Sure</sarcasm>

Quick question: If stockpiling is so bad, where is there a series of quests for it, hmm?

Now for the truth that the last 2 posters are trying to gloss over. I was in a peaceful server-2 Corps (fallen) because they were nice people, had treaties with other Corps, and weren’t involved in PvP. They just wanted to build up the Corps to get more benefits. We moved to server-1, most of us were attacked by Blazing Suns members, myself included. If you want to keep assuming things that aren’t true, I could probably ask some fallen members to post here to back up what I’ve said, just as they have in another topic…

I have no interest in starting anything with B.S., they do whatever it is they do on Server 1, but if this ‘open PvP unless you use Truce Cards’ (and even then, there’s a required window to allow it) is how Galaxy Online is designed, then new players should be warned.

It’s simple enough – if you want the badge, grab it, you should be okay. However, if you’re thinking of playing longer, this is what to expect. You’ll get pushed around the digital playground and your lunch money will get taken, period. Even Truce Cards only stop it for so long.

Flag Post

i would like to point out that BS said they would NOT attack any server 2 people for 2 weeks

as for “we dont know caus eyou didnt say” hes in a server 2 corps maybe hes from server 2 :?

Flag Post

you know, i’m really thinking this guy’s just butthurt because he lost those 5m resources. You make somebody angry, which you OBVIOUSLY did, and they will farm you for everything you’re worth. Otherwise, people will attack you once or twice, and move on. Nobody would “attack you to show you up” unless you gave them a reason to do so. You can actually “keep enough materials coming in”, but thats your own problem if you wanna rage-quit. I RARELY see high level guys “robbing” new people. Most of the time you don’t even have enough res to be worth attacking, imo

But, alas, since you want to be scared of losing a fight now and then, which I’m still assuming you started or at least did nothing about, with your top level corp supposedly backing you up on a forum but being unable to do so in-game (?), at least hop off this forum and leave the game like you’re telling others to do. Leave for good. As in, stop posting here. Forever.

Flag Post

lets see top level corp in SO2vs top level corp in SO1…. witch wins? and he never said it was even top level…..

this is a PvP game though so mvoe on

what annoys me is BS says “we wont attack SO2 people we can tell are SO2 people for 2 weeks”

but then turn around and attack several SO2 people in first few hours of merge…….

Flag Post

meh, you cant expect everybody to follow the majority’s decision.

Flag Post

Wow, the rape defense? Really? It’s the victim’s fault? I was ‘asking for it’ because I – let’s see, what did you say – “obviously” made someone angry. Well if you were there, then you can tell me who it was. Please, let’s see some facts to base your ridiculous accusations on. I can provide screenshots of the reports where I was attacked, let’s see your to back up what you say.

Right, pay attention new players. When you are robbed for your resources, if you complain about it in chat, the bullies will tell you it was your own fault. Whether you talk in game chat or not, you OBVIOUSLY made someone angry. How DARE you play their game! lawl

So yeah, typical big-fish/small-pond bullying syndrome. Beware, new players, if you play this game you will OBVIOUSLY make someone angry, which will justify being robbed. Again, get the badge and stop, there’s no fun to be had here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CreedP:

Please, let’s see some facts to base your ridiculous accusations on

Umm do we need a reason for attacking someone in a PvP game? >.<

What do you think PvP means?

Flag Post
Originally posted by pokeyday:

meh, you cant expect everybody to follow the majority’s decision.

no but i do expect the leader of the majority to come down on those that dont

if you cant follow the corp then you dont deserve to be in the corp especially in top corps such as BS where you might start a war……to bad the majority doesnt follow its own decision

Flag Post

Thank you for your honesty, Gramatik_Error. It’s nice to see people not trying to shift the blame, but rather be up front about it. It’s very simple, you want to engage in PvP and take resources from other players. I like that you aren’t trying to make excuses or throw out ridiculous accusations to mask the simple truth.

And as I’ve said all along, new players beware. Get your badge, get out. This is a heavily-oriented PvP game, people will not hesitate to take your resources, and they’ve had MONTHS to get far stronger military strength, and far greater numbers. They will crush you simply because they can.

So grab the badge and run to a game where you can actually have fun.

Flag Post

I’d just like to point out several things:
1) It may not have been you that caused people to attack you; you are in a corps, someone could have started a corps war while you were offline and thus caused you to be a target
2) We can’t really tell who is from so1 or so2 (unless you have a corps), so when farming, we hit who we hit. There is not usually a personal reason.
3) Adv. truce cards or normal truce cards whenever you’re saving up res until you can Random transfer away or something. Or get a higher ranked corps, usually scares people off.
4) As a farmer myself, unless the person I hit lands me 3m+ resource (any resource) I typically don’t hit that person again, because it’s just not worth it. For someone to have hit you 5 or 6 times total resulting in a loss of 5m res, is a laaarge ass pointer that your corps started something or someone in your corps made something happen with another person. As a top corps member, most people beefing with people in my corps get gang raped. Just saying.

Flag Post

+ 1 to #2

Flag Post

This topic reeks of butthurt. You will have a 1 hour window between truce cards; however, you can use one of the gazillion galaxy transfers that are accumulated daily. The fact that you lack simple wit to out maneuver your opponent and allowed yourself to get raped is no ones fault but your own. I find it very fascinating that people think attacking in an attack based game is wrong. I find it even more fascinating that N00b’z think they deserve a special shield that prevents them from being attacked.

Word of advice, stop stock-piling res and when someone tries to farm you, dump all res… Once they hit you for no profit they will stop treating you like a bit fat juicy cow. Unless you nerd rage and cry. Then they might attack you for the LoL’z.

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

+2 for aift’s #2 point. Farming isn’t personal. I farm a planet every now and then and it’s purely because i need the resources for my own building/research/advancement. I have never hit a single player because I had a personal reason too. In fact, I rarely even look at the player name. At most, I look at their level, the level of their CC/SS and the corp they’re in. If it looks like they might be hoarding res, I attack.

-1 for aift’s #4 point though. I don’t think it was anything to do with corps or personal. I will farm a player for 1-2m res, if it’s the res i’m looking for or if it’s fast and easy to take it. 1m he3 in 15 minutes is still faster than farming i30.

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy being farmed, but it’s a part of the game. This is not SimPlanet, it’s GOII. You can’t just sit there storing up res without being online to defend it. FYI, the most effective way to make a farmer stop hitting you is to use your own res so they don’t get any. If I hit a planet and come back with 600 metal you can be sure i won’t be wasting another 20-30 minutes on that planet. I probably won’t ever look at it again. Will this slow you down and make it harder to get that SS9 upgrade? Yes, but that’s the price you pay to play casually instead of being online all the time. If you don’t like it, go buy a copy of SimCity 3000, it’s pretty cool and there aren’t any farmers to take your stuff while you’re sleeping.

Flag Post

Back to helping people get the badge.

If you are only interested in getting the badge:

Build build build. Early on, its quick, its easy. Later on, if you have vouchers, speed up to build instantly. Because you are not interested in staying, by all means burn everything you have on hand to get to the objective.

Overall, its a mix of a few things. Because buildings give exp. Build everything at lvl 1 first. You have the rez, you have the space, you have the time. Build a few ships for the first few instances to speed you up on the process. Then, for longer buildings, just come back at your leisure. All you need to do is hit the warehouse, assign buildings and leave. I could take you a few weeks if you only play on and off, but that’s all you need.

For casual/low level players staying.
Spend all your resources, or as much as possible.
Remember to take off all your ships when you log out so they don’t get killed if someone hits you.
You have too much metal? convert to He3. Too much He3? convert to metal. Then build ships.
Too much gold? buy something with it. Can be Blueprints, commander cards or ships from other players.
Always spend your resources on something. This levels you up, and makes you stronger. You really should not be stockpiling resources until you are lvl 50s where buildings and research take an awful amount of time. In fact, you should still be able to use the resources to build ships.

Spending resources ensures you get the most out of it, and also players don’t have a reason to attack you. Players only attack, because they are lazy and want easy resources instead of farming i30. That’s pretty much how it goes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nobodynat:

Build build build. Early on, its quick, its easy. Later on, if you have vouchers, speed up to build instantly. Because you are not interested in staying, by all means burn everything you have on hand to get to the objective.

Overall, its a mix of a few things. Because buildings give exp. Build everything at lvl 1 first. You have the rez, you have the space, you have the time. Build a few ships for the first few instances to speed you up on the process. Then, for longer buildings, just come back at your leisure. All you need to do is hit the warehouse, assign buildings and leave. I could take you a few weeks if you only play on and off, but that’s all you need.

Remember to take off all your ships when you log out so they don’t get killed if someone hits you.
You have too much metal? convert to He3. Too much He3? convert to metal. Then build ships.
Too much gold? buy something with it. Can be Blueprints, commander cards or ships from other players.
Always spend your resources on something. This levels you up, and makes you stronger. You really should not be stockpiling resources until you are lvl 50s where buildings and research take an awful amount of time. In fact, you should still be able to use the resources to build ships.

Spending resources ensures you get the most out of it, and also players don’t have a reason to attack you. Players only attack, because they are lazy and want easy resources instead of farming i30. That’s pretty much how it goes.

You do not have to build ships to defeat the first few instances. One can join a corp and donate all of their res to the corp and buy level 4 corp mall Sparrows. Three stacks of 300 per fleet—three total fleets can make it to i6 with no problem. More than likely a corp mate will have 1k Sparrows laying around that he/she may give you for free.

Flag Post

So to sum up the replies, for the new players:
“I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy being farmed, but it’s a part of the game… You can’t just sit there storing up res without being online to defend it.” – so unless you can be online all the time, expect to get robbed on a regular basis.
“The fact that you lack simple wit to out maneuver your opponent and allowed yourself to get raped is no ones fault but your own.” – complaining about being robbed means they will blame you

So, like me, when you’re trying to accumulate resources for your Level 9 Command Center (I’m not a brand new player, btw, level 57… but you would have seen that if you looked me up to back up your facts, timduval, instead of making assumptions) according to their words, either a) be online all the time, provided you don’t have a job, family, social life, responsibilities, and other real-world matters to tend to, or b) don’t expect to get it, you’ll be mugged.

Thus, my warning stands exactly as I said it. And I thank the veteran GOII players for proving my point in this thread.
-———-
Now for the points that actually matter, getting back to the topic… here’s some helpful hints to you new players!

Originally posted by nobodynat:

Last paragraph sums it all up, new players.

Flag Post

Posts here are WAY too long for lazy me to read all but ill say this from what i did read and this probally isnt the place to say it but mabey ill say it somewhere else later, Yes you can be raped of all your res within the truce card cooldown hour. This shouldnt so, after being attacked by a hostile player you should have atleast an hour cooldown before ANYONE can attack you again.

On this game if someone pleases they can attack you over and over for the whole day. A flag appears on your planet i thought that while that flag is up you cant be attacked but its just there saying hey ive been atatcked before mabey you can pity me and dont attack me again for a while.

Flag Post

Greetings.

In the interest of further complicating this issue, I have two cents to add. CreedP, you’re from Fallen on S02. That makes Jaybee your corp leader. I came from S02 as well. Many people have known for a week+ prior to the server merge that a world of pain was coming to Fallen after the merger because of forum slights and insults that some of Fallen’s members made to S01 people before the merge was announced. Jaybee declined an offer of protection and reinforcement to prevent some hostilities against his corp. Some of his members were for it, some were against, some were ambivalent, ultimately weak leadership led to inaction.

Prior to the merge, I urged him to educate his membership on dismissing fleets, hiding resources, and timing truce cards and RGTs to protect themselves against stronger players. In whatever future games you play, I would urge you to learn about the people that you associate with before committing to taking part in an organization. If it’s a PvP game, keep abreast of whom is antagonizing whom. Individuals don’t stand alone from their corps; if someone from a corp picks a fight with someone else on the internet, it’s a reflection and representation of the corp as a whole.

I’m sorry that you got blitzed, but it’s difficult to sympathize. You chose to not protect yourself, take basic precautions, and aligned yourself with a corp containing members that apparently picked fights with members from another server, not anticipating that they might be forced to play with those people in the future (server merge).

Flag Post
Originally posted by ninpoa:

Posts here are WAY too long for lazy me to read all but ill say this from what i did read and this probally isnt the place to say it but mabey ill say it somewhere else later, Yes you can be raped of all your res within the truce card cooldown hour. This shouldnt so, after being attacked by a hostile player you should have atleast an hour cooldown before ANYONE can attack you again.

On this game if someone pleases they can attack you over and over for the whole day. A flag appears on your planet i thought that while that flag is up you cant be attacked but its just there saying hey ive been atatcked before mabey you can pity me and dont attack me again for a while.

Assuming it takes 10 minutes to fly to, and 10 to fly back, we can only do 3 hits in the truce CD. Advanced truces have no CD. galaxy transfers are pro truces.

Flag Post

I think allot of ppl have the right idea but the wrong reasons…

No matter how many new players join today, even with their combined power, they will not even be able to touch the top players in the game with the way game mechanics work atm

I don’t think even top players can really hurt each other at this point…

That being said with each player capable of flighting 50+fleets and having stock piles of SP cards… new players are pretty much screwed lol