Public Notice to IGG

26 posts

Flag Post

At 10:55 am GMT -5 on January 11, 2013
I approached a live support person of Galaxy Online II (here after referred to as GOII)
in regards to abusive conduct which I provided evidence for.

I was assured that such matters were taken seriously, and to ensure good faith on this matter I’m informing you, the representative of IGG within Kongregate of the breach from the Kongregate Terms of Service Agreement.

Specifically, Paragragh 7
“You further agree that you will not otherwise engage in, or encourage other to engage in, illegal or abusive conduct or activities.”

It is my arguement that thru negligence on you part you have encouraged others to engage in abusive conduct.
Specifically, a breach in commonly accepted practices (here after referred to as CAP) in an Massive Multiplayer Online Games such as the use of multiple accounts used by a single individual (here after referred to as “mutli” or "alt)
to either gain an advantage or otherwise harass other users.

If action is not taken by end of business on Monday, January 14, 2013. Special Damages will be sought by the undersigned for this negligence in accordance with California law, which IGG is subject to as a fellow member on Kongregate

Flag Post

If you wish to join above grievance, please sign in below
I way2insane hereby sign this petition.

Flag Post

That’s like saying the government is negligant because people break it’s laws.

Really… what is your problem? Your post is as vague with the description of what the problem actually is as it is descriptive with what actions you shall take.

Flag Post

worst public announcement ever it was point less

Flag Post

Okay, gonna weigh in as a armchair lawyer. Assuming this is legit, it won’t go anywhere. First, you have to prove negligance, which would be very difficult to do in this case. Second, kongregate’s TOS, while legally binding, won’t be enough to actually use as evidence that IGG is breaking the law, since there is no law governing this. The most any court could do is ask kongregate to enforce the term, ask being the operative term. Third, this is gonna get laughed out of the lawyers office, let alone a court.

Flag Post

I think he’s mad that Retribution has lost all of their RBPs and wants to sue IGG to get them back.

Or something.

Flag Post

“commonly accepted practices” … are you kidding me?
There’s no such thing. Period.
Practices vary widely from game to game, platform to platform and service to service.
What is acceptable on facebook might be totally disallowed on Kongregate (and vice versa). To imply that there is some mythical “standard” is absurdity itself.
Epic fail is epic….
(but thanks for the lols!)

Flag Post

I hereby stamp thee FAILED!

Best,

Duval

Flag Post

LOL LOL OMG this is too damn funny. If you are gonna threaten a company SEND A LETTER. NO lawyer in the world would use “chat live system” to give notice of grievance. 2nd California LAW IS NOTHING. If you ever were gonna sue IGG, LOL, it would be under COMMON LAW, but you know that dont you. 3rd, IGG is not the only responcible party in reference to ALT accnts. You would have to fight with Kong. If you think Kong wouldnt bury you and make you look stupid. Refer to the parent company EBgames. Lastly, you idiot, you have no contract with IGG. Any monies sent to IGG via Kong, are Donations. If you think you can claim Contract Dispute off a companies ByLaws you are so stunned its not funny. Go read a damn book.

Flag Post

LOL California Law. only an american would think Laws of their state would apply in any way to entities not in the USA. If you looked you would have seen IGG is located in ASIA. Guess how hard they are laughing at your “notice”.

Under your assumption of law.. if you are playing a game hosted on a China server. YOU do something that goes against THEIR company bylaw, the COMPANY would threaten you that they will get the their govt to lock you up in a china prison, or even send you to china court.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FroZnX:

LOL California Law. only an american would think Laws of their state would apply in any way to entities not in the USA. If you looked you would have seen IGG is located in ASIA. Guess how hard they are laughing at your “notice”.

Under your assumption of law.. if you are playing a game hosted on a China server. YOU do something that goes against THEIR company bylaw, the COMPANY would threaten you that they will get the their govt to lock you up in a china prison, or even send you to china court.

Please refrain from disrespecting the greatest country on Earth by comparison to this blabbering buffoon. K’thanks.

Best,

Duval

Flag Post

i lol’ed

Flag Post
Originally posted by Retry:

That’s like saying the government is negligant because people break it’s laws.

Really… what is your problem? Your post is as vague with the description of what the problem actually is as it is descriptive with what actions you shall take.

No, it’s like saying the government is negligent for turning a blind eye towards those that break their laws.
My problem is that I was about to rage quit, and was going thru the process of getting my money (which I can only do for the previous 30 days) when I figured that maybe there would be others that would like to get some of their money back. Which might also have the added benefit of getting IGG attention enough to actually change their practices a bit. Especially since all they are about is the money.
I left it intentionally vague because IGG can change their TOS within three days to make my arguement null & void.

Originally posted by Draconlazurus:

Okay, gonna weigh in as a armchair lawyer. Assuming this is legit, it won’t go anywhere. First, you have to prove negligance, which would be very difficult to do in this case. Second, kongregate’s TOS, while legally binding, won’t be enough to actually use as evidence that IGG is breaking the law, since there is no law governing this. The most any court could do is ask kongregate to enforce the term, ask being the operative term. Third, this is gonna get laughed out of the lawyers office, let alone a court.

This isn’t a matter of any law being broken. But of the contractual agreement between us being rendered null & void.
But even if I could prove my claim, the most I can hope to see is the money I spent on their services within the last 30 days.

Originally posted by LynxB:

I think he’s mad that Retribution has lost all of their RBPs and wants to sue IGG to get them back.

Or something.

Why not lay claim to taking 5 of 6 RBP with an alt corp simply because you could?
For the longest you in the top corps have been our Chibi, the nearly unbeatable foe that eventually, maybe….one day we could meet in battle and prove our worth.
But at least Chibi gave you all that chance.
But while what was done isn’t the end of the world, if it was done before….what would stop the individuals involved with simply creating another alt corp and doing it again?

Originally posted by Fearously:

LOL LOL OMG this is too damn funny. If you are gonna threaten a company SEND A LETTER. NO lawyer in the world would use “chat live system” to give notice of grievance. 2nd California LAW IS NOTHING. If you ever were gonna sue IGG, LOL, it would be under COMMON LAW, but you know that dont you. 3rd, IGG is not the only responcible party in reference to ALT accnts. You would have to fight with Kong. If you think Kong wouldnt bury you and make you look stupid. Refer to the parent company EBgames. Lastly, you idiot, you have no contract with IGG. Any monies sent to IGG via Kong, are Donations. If you think you can claim Contract Dispute off a companies ByLaws you are so stunned its not funny. Go read a damn book.

Who said anything about threatening?
If you want to talk about actual legal document, you forgot to mention about needing it to be notarized by a public notary in front of another witness who would also need to sign it for it to be “legit”.
Ya…you know, you are absolutely right, WHAT was I thinking?!? I mean I totally forgot about all those legal papers that every software company sends & have my notarize before they allow me to use their software. Ya, there is no precedence for this whatsover, thank you very much for setting me straight.

EB games? You mean the one that Gamestop merged with? No, didn’t realize that in the least.

It’s a donation? no…tell me it isn’t so…So what exactly what I’m doing?
Let me simplify it for you:
I’m being a tattle tail to kongregate (the teacher) on IGG (the bully that doesn’t play fair)

Yes, no one like a tattle tail. We all make mistakes. Or if you happen to be more like me….you do stuff that can be incredibly funny/stupid & insane all wrapped up in one go.

Originally posted by FroZnX:

Laws of my state?
I’m not in California….and since this isn’t an IGG network, I’m thankful I wouldn’t have to seek arbitration in Singapore. But thanks for the laugh :)

Flag Post

Your analogy between the teacher and bully was almost as hilarious as when you stated that you are about to rage quit! Dude, keep this thread going! =)

Best,

Duval

Flag Post

ok im done with this fourm theres no international law saying that if support dont want to help that they got to anyways same for us law

Flag Post
Originally posted by ChristopherB133:

i lol’ed

which was half the point….but for the real laugh, you need the rest of the story:

As we were being ROFLstomped I said some pretty stupid idiotic things in WC. Part of which was taking a screen shot of someone admitting to using an alt corp to do the dastardly deeds. and during that little tirade mentioned it and was thanking for giving me evidence to take to IGG.

I did look into it, and if you read IGG TOS, you’ll find that they do allow multi accounts. So nothing can be done through them. However there is that little bit about abusive behavior within Kongregate’s TOS. I could tell the person was a little worried by some of his comments that took place within WC.

So I posted this to make it look as believable as I could to help the person to sweat about it just a little more.
But even as farfetched and idiotic as it really is…people have broken into people’s houses and got shot or otherwise subdued by the owner to only be allowed to sue the owners successfully for defending themselves.

So while the above is idiotic in extreme, it isn’t as far of a stretch of the mind as some of the reality here in the US.

Flag Post

Also, I agree with your premise. Taking 5 RBPs from a single corps is a shitty ass thing to do, and the people that did it should be shunned.

Flag Post

Also, I agree with your premise. Taking 5 RBPs from a single corps is a shitty ass thing to do, and the people that did it should be shunned.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the said corp actually needed the RBP’s, but since the speculation points towards an alt corps stealing them—Yes, that’s pretty low and unfair.

Flag Post

if they needed them no harm no foul, I’d do the same. But taking 5 from a single corps would still be mean, and doing it for the second alt corps? seriously uncool

Flag Post

if they needed them no harm no foul, I’d do the same. But taking 5 from a single corps would still be mean, and doing it for the second alt corps? seriously uncool

Personally, I feel like all corps should have RBP’s by default, and they can get attacked and destroyed (Not stolen). However, they regenerate after awhile, but during the regeneration phase the corp that destroyed it gains (x)% resource bonus. The corp that had the RBP destroyed would lose that same %. Once the RBP regenerates it goes into protection phase and everything returns to normal.

Think about it, what if a new RBP was created every time that corp leveled up rather than having to steal one every time? It seems more fair to steal 1/2 of a corps resource bonus % for a short period of time rather than 100% it permanently.

Flag Post

Constructive critisism will get you more and cost you less then a destructive legalcampaign, that might ruin the game for everyone. If you are serious about this (which i doubt) you will just cause IGG to spent more of their income towards the legal case and less towards updates and new content development.

If you just want to scare IGG into starting banning alternative accounts, tough luck, the issue has been recorded and its either deemed unsolvable/too expensive to solve or somewhere down the to do list scaring them will not cause any change.

My advice instead of complaining and wasting times to do the things you currently do, is to help IGG constructively by writing out and perhaps even coding new content you feel should be around. Get knowledge of how other games, like GO-II,solved the same problems that bother you.

Be polite. IGG tries to always be polite towards you, you should return the favor. It is like in a store, when you yell at a clerk he will not help you. The same rules of conduct apply to the internet. If you do not respect someone he will be less likely to listen to you, let alone help you.

Last, give up hope for a refund. the game works though not perfectly. You spent money to get access to a certain product to improve your gameplay. You have received your product and it does exactly what the description says. It does not do exactly what you thought the description ment. Therefor the problem is on your side, not IGG’s.

I’ll simplify by an exaggerated example:
You see an add for a vacuum that promises suction like you have never seen before! You buy the vacuum because you think the suction will rip out your insides when you put it on your behind.

The day the vacuum arrives you put your old vacuum on your hand and it gets stuck but it does not hurt. Nothing shows on your hand.
You put the new one on you hand and keep your other hand above the off-button because you are anticipating a hell lot of pain. When you turn it on it is painfull, but barely. A red ring shows on your hand this time.

The vacuum does what the advertisement says, but it does not live up to your expectations. Hence the fault is with you. Lower your expectations before you spend your money, not afterwards. Think and read, experience and get information about what you are exactly buying. You can then make an informed decision.

I hope you have learned from the mistakes you made by spending money on this game, next time follow the right path and you will not be dissapointed.

Flag Post

Given that status of laws and such, he does have a valid claim. I don’t know what precedent is established for such claims, but given that Valve and others are trying to bind their users from partaking in class action suits, I’d think there’s a possibility there.

IGG has not been very conscientious about dealing with abuse in general (consider how poorly the filter works and ignoring corps names like BIYF) and whether this is because of a cultural/language barrier or because they don’t see such things as worth their time, I do not know. However it is clear that they have not at all kept up to the standard of filtering and moderation that is expected of games in general. This game is on Kong and is played by people of all ages.

In short, if you really think you have a claim here, at least talk to a lawyer about it and don’t listen to @Fortunate. At the very least, I’d be glad to see IGG clamp down on certain abusive behaviors – something that is not at all draconian but is just simply the rules of normal internet conversation moderation.

Flag Post

I had to LOL at this for a while.
First off, they a) they did not engage in illegal or abusive conduct or activities, and b) did not encourage others to do the same. That’s like saying that by not having a cop at a school, the school/ police are wrongdoers for their kids doing drugs and violently assaulting each other.
Secondly, a breach in CAP’s does not show in any way that they have broken said agreement or any laws. The use of alts are beyond their control, except by others requesting IGG to delete the accounts. Which they are in no way forced to do by any (at least known to my extent) agreement with Kong.
Thirdly, you can seek for Special Damages for negligance of agreements in which another player, bound to IGG/Kong in no way other than Kong’s own slight Code of Conduct, which does not refer to alternate accounts, but good luck winning any lawsuit of that kind. A Multi-Continent company cannot be sued under one state’s laws, especially considering (as duly noted by yourself) that you are not even a residence of said state.
But good luck whichever direction you decide to take this, if any.

Flag Post

Alt, alts, alts, just about everyone in GO has an alt now. Annoying as that may be for some people, it’s not as anoying as an alt corp. The alt corps would be easy to subdue, but then comes their mains all ready to avenge their alts. Well, that’s not really annoying actually, what’s annoying is that the alts corps have RBPs and they’re just plain boring and not even worth attacking because they are low lvls. So basically I don’t have an argument here, just me whining about low lvl alts.

Flag Post

@pokey

Negligence is a form of abuse.