IGG Please Read

16 posts

Flag Post

Is there anyway you guys could make PVP battles happen more often, like perhaps some sort of incentive for people to hit each other? I know the server merge was suppose to help, but it still feels pretty stagnant. I started playing this game because it is a war game, but it seems most people are content to play farmville space edition. For instance, Evony forced people to fight, because your army constantly needed food. You couldn’t keep your army without attacking other people and stealing their food. Something like that would be great. I don’t have any great original ideas atm, sorry. If anyone else has a good idea to solve the stagnancy problem, please post.

Flag Post

if you want some serious pvp action, then join a mid lvl corp….you will have all you could possibly want.

The biggest problem with pvp battles at moment is that they are too final. On one little skirmish, it is highly likely that at least one person is going to be losing a couple weeks to months worth of build up.
I would say something like 70-80% repair rate on defensive battles (players planet only, not rbp) would help out nicely.
Something that would be a benefit for the smaller players would allow their defensive structures to do some damage even thru shields…even if only 1%.
Would help reduce people quitting due to over aggressive farming.

Sorry, didn’t mean to try and steal your thread. But these are all things that could help improve the pvp aspect.

Flag Post

You didn’t steal at all. Not sure how I feel about the def structure thing, but I love the 70-80% repair rate for players defending their planet. Would keep lower level players in the game. Still not the perfect solution though. This doesn’t really inspire more pvp, just keeps new players from losing everything. Hopefully some more ideas flow into here.

Flag Post

well for one, it will cause some people to be more mouthy in wc…trying to sucker people into their base so that they can just tie up the enemies with tons of weikes while their defensive structures didn their dastardly deeds

Flag Post

I say IGG first needs to start by making all players required to be naked. This way we see what we are up against. If people saw micky naked theyd attack you more often. Also, make the game more fair all around. Nobody will attack us because they know what will happen… Why send your ships to somewhere you are guaranteed to lose them. If both sides feel like they could win, alot of pvp would happen. Honestly i feel like corps should have a maximum of 20-30 players. This would divide the server up much more and make more groups to attack eachother, or all the powerful people would join one corps. Either way, we should all get naked

Flag Post

lol, eatmyfarts….you just want an easier way to pass your gas for people to eat.
I like that idea of 25 max per corp, though there would be issues with alt users still. It would definetely hamper all the top talent gettings sucked into one or two corps.

Flag Post

First, they should let 100% of fleets regenerate after being destroyed. Place a cap on max number of fleets/ships allowed per player before the ships do not regenerate, but must depend on the space dock for a % repaired.

Second, this game needs a tournament that offers prizes, and more importantly it needs to offer handicaps to place everyone on a level playing field; if this must be special dueling ships made specifically for this tournament.

This could work like a battle ladder, so all participants would be placed on a list. The players only get credit for attacking from the list. (Have a special attack button next to the user name, which upon clicking immediately engage in battle. If a person is currently in a battle, the attack button should be concealed.)

I think it would be cool to have a special tournament defense structures that could be built. Structures could be attack based, reduce a specific attribute, or increase the defenders attributes.

How it could work:

If an attacker successfully wins: +4 points
If an attacker fails to win: -2 points
If a defender defends successfully: +5 points
If the defender fails: -3 points

Each attack cost 2 Attack Points and each defense cost 1 attack points. Attack points will be included with the entry fee, let’s say everyone gets 100 AP each. The entry fee could be 1 million per person or more. Since there is a level playing field for all, any new player could participate and potentially win.

The entry fee could go into a pot, and prize money issued based upon final rank. However, the prizes could be Blue Prints, Commander Cards, or any other game item as well and not limited to gold pay outs.

Thank you Mickster for addressing a serious issue, and I sincerely hope something is done to increase the excitement factor.

Best,

Duval

Flag Post

ok ok its very tempting to rant about stagnation but I’ll just give my 2 cents on the more repairable option…that would be a brilliant move. the tournament thing may work if the 8 billion alters didnt abuse that fact to rule the charts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Djareth:

ok ok its very tempting to rant about stagnation but I’ll just give my 2 cents on the more repairable option…that would be a brilliant move. the tournament thing may work if the 8 billion alters didnt abuse that fact to rule the charts.

I have seen games implement IP conflicts to prevent people from attacking another within the same range. (Often from internet cafes and such)

Flag Post

That would be a amazing idea, hope IGG stops caring about money so we get it

Flag Post

I’m no net buff, but I know there used to be considerable issues with confirming IP addresses because people for the most part had the same one with groups of others from whoever they had their internet service from. Has that changed in the last 7-8 years?

Flag Post
Originally posted by way2insane:

I’m no net buff, but I know there used to be considerable issues with confirming IP addresses because people for the most part had the same one with groups of others from whoever they had their internet service from. Has that changed in the last 7-8 years?

Yeah, but as long as there are proxy’s, there will be multi-accounters. The only way to kind-of reduce the alts being made is to charge a monthly fee to play. However, the big spenders will still make their alts, and the free-to-play will move onto another game and cry about alts there.

Flag Post

One just shouldn’t be allowed to purchase as much mp as they want at once. CAP THAT CRAP. Unless the forty or so wallet warriors wanna play by themselves on a dead server, this is what drives away the f2pers (main portion of players). I’m f2p and a veteran (at GO2, lol, not trying to play the military card), and my favorite part of the game is PvP, and I’ve been waiting VERY patiently, trying to grow to get to the point where I can participate. But the WWs didn’t just run past us, they freaking LAPPED us, multiple times. Hell, there’s players who have nothing left to do but collect commanders. Now we have a crazy uneven playing field where I ask you why in God’s name would I even try to take out a pay-to-win… player (I use that word reluctantly), and then I ask myself why in God’s name I’m wasting my time trying to catch up.

HOWEVER This is why I stay

This just opens up for another avenue of gameplay. Now us f2pers will be tested with our diplomacy and negotiation abilities. Where a WW must outspend his opponents, fp2 must outFRIEND and find a corps or WW willing to help outfit them with the things they couldn’t otherwise get. And I’m one of the f2ps that’s damn good at it, while the ones who quit just couldn’t figure out a way to survive.

After all, isn’t that what this game is all about? Politics? Between corps, between people, sneaky attacks, traps, alliances, and war are what make this fun, otherwise you’re just watching your ships pointlessly blow up pirates (sorry if you somehow find that entertaining to watch 24/7).

The only real difference anyway is the stars on a player’s commander card, and whether or not their shipyard is producing scrap ships, or dullahans XD

I’m with you guys, I want to see some action, but unfortunately, those punks just couldn’t keep their wallets in their pants, and now we have a helluva long way to go to prepare for war.

Good job you numbnut WWs, better not hear a single one of you complain about the status quo of our quiet little server, or you’ll be hearing from my fleet of RV-Explorers.

Thank you, I know I’m very observant and witty.

As always I’d like to say we have one of the best conglomerations of people playing this game, I really do like (almost) each and every one of you. We seriously have a good cross-section of people, with very few bad apples. But sooner or later, these inter-corps (<—- haha say that out loud, but do it incorrectly) relationships will come to an end, and there WILL be destruction.

Love,
Your friendly neighborhood Dingo

Flag Post

As to dingo, if you mess up socially, or act immature, noone in the server will trust you and help you again. This game is not just about paying to win or the best hull, its about strategy and being a teamplayer, and most importantly Politics: Who you befriend, your alliance, your friends, your attitude. And i am young and bad at politics. So i failed this game miserably. I do still have some powerful friends, but that wont get you anywhere.And as for the war, this game only leads to war.Once you get everything, hulls, instances, beat const/trial the only thing left is to get good cards and launch your massive fleets. And i think So1 is pretty close to this stage….

Flag Post
Originally posted by DingoTM:

One just shouldn’t be allowed to purchase as much mp as they want at once. CAP THAT CRAP. Unless the forty or so wallet warriors wanna play by themselves on a dead server, this is what drives away the f2pers (main portion of players). I’m f2p and a veteran (at GO2, lol, not trying to play the military card), and my favorite part of the game is PvP, and I’ve been waiting VERY patiently, trying to grow to get to the point where I can participate. But the WWs didn’t just run past us, they freaking LAPPED us, multiple times. Hell, there’s players who have nothing left to do but collect commanders. Now we have a crazy uneven playing field where I ask you why in God’s name would I even try to take out a pay-to-win… player (I use that word reluctantly), and then I ask myself why in God’s name I’m wasting my time trying to catch up.

HOWEVER This is why I stay

This just opens up for another avenue of gameplay. Now us f2pers will be tested with our diplomacy and negotiation abilities. Where a WW must outspend his opponents, fp2 must outFRIEND and find a corps or WW willing to help outfit them with the things they couldn’t otherwise get. And I’m one of the f2ps that’s damn good at it, while the ones who quit just couldn’t figure out a way to survive.

After all, isn’t that what this game is all about? Politics? Between corps, between people, sneaky attacks, traps, alliances, and war are what make this fun, otherwise you’re just watching your ships pointlessly blow up pirates (sorry if you somehow find that entertaining to watch 24/7).

The only real difference anyway is the stars on a player’s commander card, and whether or not their shipyard is producing scrap ships, or dullahans XD

I’m with you guys, I want to see some action, but unfortunately, those punks just couldn’t keep their wallets in their pants, and now we have a helluva long way to go to prepare for war.

Good job you numbnut WWs, better not hear a single one of you complain about the status quo of our quiet little server, or you’ll be hearing from my fleet of RV-Explorers.

Thank you, I know I’m very observant and witty.

As always I’d like to say we have one of the best conglomerations of people playing this game, I really do like (almost) each and every one of you. We seriously have a good cross-section of people, with very few bad apples. But sooner or later, these inter-corps (<—- haha say that out loud, but do it incorrectly) relationships will come to an end, and there WILL be destruction.

Love,
Your friendly neighborhood Dingo

Gotta love people that think this way. I’m F2P, and Dingo, if you’re in a corp that isn’t allied with mine, I’d love to hit you, show you how high F2P’rs can get. Coords?

Flag Post
Originally posted by timduval:
Originally posted by way2insane:

Yeah, but as long as there are proxy’s, there will be multi-accounters. The only way to kind-of reduce the alts being made is to charge a monthly fee to play. However, the big spenders will still make their alts, and the free-to-play will move onto another game and cry about alts there.

U mad bro? or u just troll first off all no one likes to pay monthly evreone likes to pay once next it would mean all the free to play or don’t want to pay more type off players progress would be wiped or unavailable to them and years off life wasted IGG would get burned to the ground…