League Versatility

15 posts

Flag Post

Many players cannot make it online within the small window of time that league is open. Therefore, I’d like to make a simple suggestion, which ultimately does not change the way league works.

I propose that league can be signed up for with four designated fleets at any time of day. These fleets will be unusable until after league has finished. However, all other fleets can run instances, which solves another issue. League could still open twice a day, however, people would be able to sign up for it at any time of day for the next available one.

All people that sign up auto battle whether he or she is online or not. Thus, three matches are guaranteed per day. To weed out alts, all fleets entered must have at least a 1 star commander for each fleet-that’s level 50. The fleets must consist of at least max efficient stacks. (900 per stack Battle ship, 1000 Cruiser, 1100 Frigates)

To determine who battles who is also simple. The order in which the ships are entered determines their number. These numbers will be hidden from the players. Then a simple program that generates 2 random numbers from (1 – the total number of entries). This will continue until all have 3 league matches each. If their is an odd number that only had 2 matches, that person will earn a free +1 win.

Second Proposal
I have seen other games have week long tournaments. Everyone that signed up is placed on a visible list, and credit is given to attacking other players on that list. However, one earns more points for attacking people above them on the list The player with the most points wins.

Okay, this sounds cool, but wait … people would get raided constantly … What about truce cards? Well, that’s really simple. Same as my first proposal, 4 predetermined fleets have been chosen and become unusable until league ends.

Since a special league list is created with its own attack(SEND button) on it, the player’s actual planet would not be attacked. Instead it would be the same league board that is currently used, so no ships lost and truce cards will not be a factor.

Personally, I would prefer the interactive second proposal because it would give people a reason to attack non-stop all week long. Prizes could be distributed based on final placement plus the daily honor.

However, my first proposal is not a huge update and wouldn’t take much coding to implement. Either way something needs to happen with league because it sucks to get off work with 15 mins left of league. Then wake up the next morning with 15 mins left of league.

Best,

Duval

Flag Post

I am against automatic league. There are only two timeframes on purpose, people have a better chance to find eachother in those hours. Im sure you have to work and are having trouble to make 1 timeframe, but then you can always make the other. If you want to do league you have to put some effort in.

Next thing you know you are going to ask for automatic pirates, space raid, instance queque, attacking players….
A game needs to be played. If you can play without being present, you are not actually playing it. This game already has not too many things to do, dont make it less by automizing signups.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fortunate:

I am against automatic league. There are only two timeframes on purpose, people have a better chance to find eachother in those hours. Im sure you have to work and are having trouble to make 1 timeframe, but then you can always make the other. If you want to do league you have to put some effort in.

Next thing you know you are going to ask for automatic pirates, space raid, instance queque, attacking players….
A game needs to be played. If you can play without being present, you are not actually playing it. This game already has not too many things to do, dont make it less by automizing signups.

LoL @ Putting in effort to make the time frame. I feel sorry for you bud, I truly do. What’s the difference in being online and posting 4 fleets or posting 4 fleets and then going offline? At some point the user had to log in to sign up for league, no? The ships move automatically any way, right? Therefore, it’s not like the user manually controls the ships anyway; they will react however they are programmed to, regardless if the user is present or not.

Furthermore, I never suggested anything as foolish as automated pirates, raids, instances, or anything else. Although 90% of the time I click “instance, harvest, and commander” then leave the window open and go afk. I’m not online 24/7, which disproves your smug little theory about a “game needs to be played”. This game is already automated, so maybe you need your eyes checked?

Just for the record, more players would be able to sign up this way, and the people that are still online when league is on could still watch it. It is not like I suggested simulating the matches or anything, but I would like the battles to initiate whether offline or not. * For instance, if you raid someones planet while they are offline, does their ships still attack? You damn right they do, so what’s the difference?*

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

The difference really is if you want your daily honor, you need to be there to post your fleets 3 times. If you automate it and dont have to be online you dont have to be there. It is the same with EZ-rewards, you should ask for an automatic collection of that too then.

My eyes dont need to be checked, i have, i do not need glasses. Besides that comment is completely irrelevant.

The biggest difference between your and my opinion my dear tim, is that i argue you should be there at least 3 times to get the daily reward. And you argue you shouldnt have to be there for your daily reward.

IGG should aim for more things to do, more things you can influence, more people online for longer. I didn’t mean to shoot down your idea, i am glad you think about game improvements. I just posted my opinion on it, dont feel attacked. I’m sure a middle path is possible.

Flag Post
If you automate it and dont have to be online you dont have to be there. It is the same with EZ-rewards, you should ask for an automatic collection of that too then.

Come on man, you’re doing it again. This is absolutely absurd and should never be suggested.

My eyes dont need to be checked, i have, i do not need glasses. Besides that comment is completely irrelevant.

Incorrect sir, for you avoided my point altogether and failed to add a valid argument. Can you prove that the battles are not already automated? As I had stated in my last response, a person’s ships will respond if one is offline and the planet is attacked, so what’s the difference?

The biggest difference between your and my opinion my dear tim, is that i argue you should be there at least 3 times to get the daily reward. And you argue you shouldnt have to be there for your daily reward.

I sincerely believe that this will make league more accessible to people of all time zones, and also to the people that have important things to do in their real daily life. This is where our opinions differ, my friend: You feel that people should sacrifice real life for a game; whereas, I feel that the game sucks enough real life and should be the one to sacrifice for the players.

IGG should aim for more things to do, more things you can influence, more people online for longer. I didn’t mean to shoot down your idea, i am glad you think about game improvements. I just posted my opinion on it, dont feel attacked. I’m sure a middle path is possible.

Believe me when I say, I do value your opinion and I do appreciate you taking the time to respond. I realize that people are not entitled to thinking the same way that I do. Perhaps I was a bit rude in my last comment, for that I apologize.

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

I have the same issue – I can only participate in league on the weekends. League times are 10:30-12:30 and 9:30-11:30. During the week I work 6am-3:30pm, and to be @ work for 6, I have to be up around 4 (an hour drive, not everyone lives where they work) I’ll be damned if I’m staying up to 10pm and only getting 6 hours sleep every night for this game. If I could set my 4 fleets up for league when I have the time, and they participate without me manually saying “I choose you, Pikachu!” three times, that would be swell.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lucifuric:

I have the same issue – I can only participate in league on the weekends. League times are 10:30-12:30 and 9:30-11:30. During the week I work 6am-3:30pm, and to be @ work for 6, I have to be up around 4 (an hour drive, not everyone lives where they work) I’ll be damned if I’m staying up to 10pm and only getting 6 hours sleep every night for this game. If I could set my 4 fleets up for league when I have the time, and they participate without me manually saying “I choose you, Pikachu!” three times, that would be swell.

Looks like I have just missed league by about 12 minutes this time. Let’s hope that IGG is willing to empathize with our situation. Thanks for the reply!

Best,

Duval

Flag Post

Reply to timduval:
Thanks for your advice.
In fact, we have been working on the “week tournament type” system.
We will release it soon after it is prepared.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IGG_Games:

Reply to timduval:
Thanks for your advice.
In fact, we have been working on the “week tournament type” system.
We will release it soon after it is prepared.

My advice only cost a mere 25,000 MP, so you are welcome! LoL

Thanks for the acknowledgement; I look forward to seeing this week long tournament in action.

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

igg can you make the normal league times a little earlier for us that hate to stay up all night this would be gratefully appreciated maby say 4 hours earlier for the pm one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fgdhdrfsd:

igg can you make the normal league times a little earlier for us that hate to stay up all night this would be gratefully appreciated maby say 4 hours earlier for the pm one.

Since the week long tournament is on the way, it makes me wonder if the current league system will be abolished altogether. Therefore, this may not be an issue for us much longer.

Best,

Tim

Flag Post
Originally posted by timduval:

Since the week long tournament is on the way, it makes me wonder if the current league system will be abolished altogether. Therefore, this may not be an issue for us much longer.

Best,

Tim

i just want it like that while its still up

Flag Post
Originally posted by timduval:

Best,

Tim

i just want it like that while its still up

Let’s wait and see what they say. For all we know the new tournament could come out next year sometime. lol

Flag Post

more league change suggestions
I think there should be a reward for partial matches; perhaps 1/4 honor for 1 match in a day and 1/2 for 2 matches or getting honor after every 3rd match reguardless of whether or not it was completed in the same day.
Or perhaps let unspent league matches carry over to the next day until the end of the week.

Otherwise it’s unfair if you’re the odd one out; particularly if you signed up for league with well over an hour left (sometimes even from being 10 minutes late and participating with full fleets keeps you from getting your last match in—and your instance may take even longer to finish before you can start if you weren’t paying close attention to the time) during the evening league because you were asleep or working during the morning one and nobody is able/willing to fight you for your final match making your time and gold both wasted.

Or perhaps a way to face people from other ranks or servers or face people who already got their matches in. Something so there’s always a way to get your matches in or at least make the matches you got in count for something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DonavonWhitehand:

I think there should be a reward for partial matches; perhaps 1/4 honor for 1 match in a day and 1/2 for 2 matches or getting honor after every 3rd match reguardless of whether or not it was completed in the same day.
Or perhaps let unspent league matches carry over to the next day until the end of the week.

Otherwise it’s unfair if you’re the odd one out; particularly if you signed up for league with well over an hour left (sometimes even from being 10 minutes late and participating with full fleets keeps you from getting your last match in—and your instance may take even longer to finish before you can start if you weren’t paying close attention to the time) during the evening league because you were asleep or working during the morning one and nobody is able/willing to fight you for your final match making your time and gold both wasted.

Or perhaps a way to face people from other ranks or servers or face people who already got their matches in. Something so there’s always a way to get your matches in or at least make the matches you got in count for something.

I believe the math would work out smoother if broken down into 3rd’s: 1/3 honor for only 1 match, 2/3 honor for 2 matches, and full honor for 3 matches obviously.

They have already mentioned that they are working on a week long league system, so I don’t think there will be any further major upgrades to league. Don’t quote me on this, but I believe the current league system will be removed altogether when they do upgrade. However, I could be very wrong.

I understand this is very annoying, and I get at least two losses per day because I am forced to fight the first two matches with 1 full fleet or less to insure I get all three matches in. This is why I proposed that everyone sign up for league That’s visible to the other league members, and everyone can attack/be attacked until their league quota has been made.

That would be effing sweet to be able to compete in league against other servers!

Thanks for dropping by and leaving some feedback!

Best,

Tim