Random/Not so random Galaxy Transfer

22 posts

Flag Post

So uhh.. Been using 3 of them a day for over 2 weeks trying to get out of my current zone and all it is doing is porting me round the zone. Worst of all is that it is the same 5 spots in rotation..

IGG did you change something? I was using them over a month ago for attacking humaroids by changing zone, but now it seems they don’t change zone?

Is this another ploy to get us to to buy Adv galaxies?

If so then… yeah.

M

Flag Post

I’ve been plagued by the same issue. I cannot escape my zone and I need new planets to farm. :(

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

IGG some response would be good thanks!

M

Flag Post

Hi, there,
The Galaxy Transfer works exactly the same as before. The new location and zone are both random.

Flag Post

But its clearly not… Many of us arent able to change zone now. Like i said i have been using them for over a month and been stuck in same zone, rotating between the same 5 spaces.. Despite the zone having plenty of open spaces..

Flag Post

im stuch around the same people for the past month….it aint random

Flag Post

Nah too many people have been stuck in same zone for it to be random.. IGG gotta sort this or compensate i think.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IGG_Games:

Hi, there,
The Galaxy Transfer works exactly the same as before. The new location and zone are both random.

Originally posted by IGG_Games:

Hi, there,

It should do both, pick a random zone and pick a random open slot within that new zone. The key word here is new zone. Currently I have used 12 or more random galaxy transfers and have not been able to escape my current zone. It simply randomly places me in a new slot within the same zone—sometimes within several spaces of my old slot. Fix this please. Thanks!

Tim

Flag Post

zone changes once a day, everyone gets the same zones i think

Flag Post
Originally posted by B10H4Z4RDX:

zone changes once a day, everyone gets the same zones i think

What does this even mean?

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

B10 that makes no sense…

Flag Post

ex today, everyone who uses random transfer goes to 35, tomorrow, goes to 64, the next day, goes to (random number here)… im pretty sure thats how it works

Flag Post
Originally posted by B10H4Z4RDX:

ex today, everyone who uses random transfer goes to 35, tomorrow, goes to 64, the next day, goes to (random number here)… im pretty sure thats how it works

I understand. You are not good at explanations. Got ya!

Best,

Duval

Flag Post

Not at all… i once used 35 galaxy transfers, for testing purposes, over a week. And ended up in the same region EVERY time.

IGG must think we are stupid to say that its working, and is random… REALLY?!?!?

Flag Post

Yeah Leri, I’m still stuck in zone 9 after using more than 60 in total.. I bet if we BUY one with mp it will be random :/

Seriously not spending again…

Flag Post
Originally posted by makk11:

Yeah Leri, I’m still stuck in zone 9 after using more than 60 in total.. I bet if we BUY one with mp it will be random :/

Seriously not spending again…

I gave up after around 12 or so failed transfers. Until this this problem is resolved, I will not waste anymore of them.

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

Maybe they didn’t make it random enough…their ‘randomness’ is clearly based on some sort of variable.

Flag Post

Well considering nearly 70% of my corps is having the same problem.. Its clearly not random.. Along with many members of the public.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hitman8:

Maybe they didn’t make it random enough…their ‘randomness’ is clearly based on some sort of variable.

The variable would be coordinates (x,y). A function would be called that picks a random integer for x and for y. The program will then run a rapid test to determine whether or not the new coordinates are occupied or not. If the coords return as True the planet is moved, however, if the coords return False the function will loop until it returns True.

My theory is that they do not test whether or not the zone is the same one or not. Let’s call the current zone variable “currentZone” and the new zone variable “newZone”. All they’d have to do is include code like if(currentZone == newZone) {re-call the function};. There are simpler ways to do this. For example, they could simply remove the current zone from the array so that it never shows up. Once the user moves, the old zone can be easily re-added into the array.

The chances of landing within the same zone from future warps greatly reduce, but would have 0% chance to land in the same zone from the first warp. The whole code can be written in 10 minutes.

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

Yeah but IGG are too cheap and want us to buy Adv galaxy transfers..

Flag Post
Originally posted by makk11:

Yeah but IGG are too cheap and want us to buy Adv galaxy transfers..

If they didn’t make things to entice people to spend money they wouldn’t make any profit. However, this is flat out ridiculous because they should net enough from commanders and gems plus the events.

Greed has been known to destroy entire empires.

Food for thought.

Best,

Tim

Flag Post

before, when new sectors were opening, i believe it tp’d you to the new spawning zone on the server… idk about now

BTW i am having the same problems as you guys lol