Convert to Card

37 posts

Flag Post

Hi!

I wanted to bring up the issue of resealing commanders. It seems to me like this should not be a thing!

I have spent a lot of money on commanders and have 9 different divine cards. Occasionally, it happens that I need to combine them. I use all my commanders though, so this means I have to spend 120MP to re-seal a commander and combine, likely to do it again in the future. All this after purchasing them in the first place. When somebody has purchased so many cards that they are able to make level 3 and 4 commanders, it seems like they should be rewarded with the ability to combine them without paying more.

I understand that the current system works but it feels a little too much like punishment around every corner for those who are budgeting a certain amount per paycheck. Personally, I would massively appreciate a nod from IGG to either make this MUCH cheaper or reasonably available in instances. Something that says. “Alright, sure. You bought bought them, go ahead and combine them.”

Flag Post

I definitely agree with your point. IGG makes enough money from big spenders from simply drawing commander cards. I really think it is just greedy on their part.

It discourages actually using your commander cards that you paid good money for because you are essentially forced to wait for more of the same commander in order to upgrade it if you don’t want to dish out extra money for a sealing card.

At the very least have a way to obtain them outside of mp. Right now, they system they have with sealing cards is just one example of their sheer greed.

Flag Post

I was thinking about this more. Mostly, you don’t want people sealing commanders at will because it defeats the purpose of reset cards. So I was thinking that it would be cool in commanders could be sealed back into card form for free, once they hit level 50.

I think it sounds like a pretty solid idea! Nobody is going to level a commander to 50 10 times a day just to get the stats they want and if they do…then good for them, I guess? It would also keep people buying resealing cards if they don’t want to wait! I think it sounds like a perfect compromise.

Flag Post

Hi, utahdingo.
Thanks for your concern.
I will report this issue.

Flag Post

Very creative idea utahdingo, I like it.

Flag Post

I like the level 50 idea too. Or just give them out some way through chance, through the wheel or boxes or something!

Flag Post
Originally posted by qotsa779:

I definitely agree with your point. IGG makes enough money from big spenders from simply drawing commander cards. I really think it is just greedy on their part.

It discourages actually using your commander cards that you paid good money for because you are essentially forced to wait for more of the same commander in order to upgrade it if you don’t want to dish out extra money for a sealing card.

At the very least have a way to obtain them outside of mp. Right now, they system they have with sealing cards is just one example of their sheer greed.

I would definitely like to see that kind of thing happen. It always feels like my commanders have nothing left to do when they hit lv50, and this kind of update would keep people playing longer periods of time just to level their commanders.

Flag Post

Like the idea but I highly doubt they’d take to your level 50 suggestion.

Flag Post

This is an excellent idea. Once commander hits level 50…allow a free reseal…

Flag Post

This is just a staff member reporting it is unlikely to be accepted it would fix IGG’s reputation a bit but it would still cost time and money to integrate and possibly reduce income for a short time…that is until more players join the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hitman8:

This is just a staff member reporting it is unlikely to be accepted it would fix IGG’s reputation a bit but it would still cost time and money to integrate and possibly reduce income for a short time…that is until more players join the game.

I get what you’re saying. It could be unlikely, sure. However, I think it would stand a real chance of making more money if it successfully got people more interested in combining. Cards they would have considered trash before might suddenly be worth keeping. Plenty of people would still be sealing cards if they didn’t want to wait, either.

Either way, unlikely or not, I really hope IGG is willing to consider it!

Flag Post

This is an awesome idea. I hope IGG_Games will take this into account. It would indeed make a lot of players very happy.
And it would show the community that IGG_Games really does listen to what players have to say as well.

Flag Post

Resealing commanders for free would actually be to the advantage of IGG. It would encourage players to buy more cards, spending more MP.

Flag Post

It would also make the in-game market more active, and so may help more players to enjoy the game. It would also show some care from the company to their customers.

Flag Post

Have you ever seen IGG take any advice posted on this forum? Didn’t think so.

Flag Post

I actually have, once or twice. You never know, they might do it.

Flag Post

Considering the fact that this is MP related, and you want it gone? No.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Neffies:

This change actually does stand a chance of increasing gain for them though. I’ve seen plenty of companies make changes if it stands a change of improving player-base happiness and increasing sales. If you think it might, then why not?

I appreciate that you have an opinion on how it will turn out but let’s just hope that is not the case. There is no point in trying to be correct here.

Flag Post

Problem is, IGG cares more about the initial money gain, even if it would bring a larger profit, it would probably not be something they would do. At least, seeing all the things they charge MP for, that’s what I would think. They don’t care enough for customer satisfaction.

Flag Post

I will ejaculate if they actually do this

Flag Post
Originally posted by utahdingo:
Originally posted by Neffies:

This change actually does stand a chance of increasing gain for them though. I’ve seen plenty of companies make changes if it stands a change of improving player-base happiness and increasing sales. If you think it might, then why not?

I appreciate that you have an opinion on how it will turn out but let’s just hope that is not the case. There is no point in trying to be correct here.

this will kill sales of sealing cards by like 90%. it takes all of 3 days to get a commander from 0-50 if you are slow and you can do multiple commanders at a time. as much as i would like to see this happen.. it wont.

Flag Post

But then again, if IGG took a serious look at a suggestion like this, they could see the potential gains from it. Wallet warriors will eventually slow spending (unless they realllly have nothing to spend their money on) and the sealing/unsealing predicament is a bit outrageous. I would rather “resell” my comms than reseal them to make a new comm.

It also makes me less inclined to buy more comms.

IGG, please look from this perspective: players do want to play with their new comms when they get them. Players, however, really would rather buy more comms/gems/coupons for special events than have to reseal the cards to combine them.

The “sealing card” fee clogs up the spending process. Hope this helps build more clientele.

Thanks,
Sancus

Flag Post

Or maybe another suggestion….. So IGG can keeep making money (not naive), I’d propose making a distinction between “sealing cards” and “locking cards”. In this process I would propose:

1. Sealing- To reseal your commander, you must reach level 50 and it will cost you 500-1k Badges (a lot, but keeps people from abusing).

2. Binding/Unbinding- So people could sell their commanders for money/mp, they would have to pay the “Unbinding Fee”, say like the current 100* MP.

These rules would apply to cards gifted/won by the player only. Other members can elaborate if they’d like to.

Flag Post

As I see it, the problem with sealing cards is that it’s inherently “unfair”. The player has already paid a fee to buy the card, thus requiring MP to seal it again is a form of double taxation. This makes more money for IGG, but in turn sours the relationship with customers leading to poor ratings followed by fewer and fewer positive referals to friends (i.e. the game slowly dies as everyone who joins immediately gets the impression the game is unliked and is dying).

I think Utahdingo and Sancus are onto something here. I don’t like the idea of two separate ways to lock/unlock cards but i think a badge cost at level 50 is a good way to increase the time and effort required. If you allow a commander to be sealed at level 50 for a badge cost:

1 – There is still a strong incentive for WWs to spend money on sealing cards to get ahead quickly.

2 – It encourages players to stay with the game longer by making the sealing process into a challenge instead of an unavoidable tax.

3 – IGG gets a better reputation by listening to it’s players, which is a win for everyone since we all want the game to have a thriving community of players that love the game and want to tell their friends how great it is.

Flag Post

1. There is no incentive for WWs to spend money on sealing cards. I’m 100% sure ww’s spend more money unbinding event rewards (cards) than unsealing them. WWs dont use every card as they get them. they spend stupid amounts on draws then merge and trade until they get what they want. Thats the mark of a WW – impatience.

2. Badges are not a challenge. You might as well just suggest they add sealing cards to the mall under badges.

3. IGG doesnt give a whit about rep. or listening to it’s players. They care about making money. If they have to listen to their player base to make money, they will :P