Galaxy Championships & Champions' Mall Introduction

52 posts

Flag Post

The Galaxy Championships are divided into 2 stages: Qualifiers and the Finals.
Participants can send up to 6 fleets to compete in the tournament.

Up to 450 players can sign up for the Qualifiers. They will be divided into 15 Battlefields of 30 players each.

The two players with the highest Shootdowns on each Battlefield will progress to the Finals by earning a “Champion’s Pass.”

Up to 30 players will be able to enter the Finals, which take place in a single Battlefield. Only players with a Champion’s Pass can enter.

Players will not lose ships or He3 while battling in the Galaxy Championships tournament.

Players will be assigned to Battlefields with other players of similar strength. Player strength is based on the Star Ranks of Commanders leading the participating fleets. Players matched this way might result in sides with an uneven number of players.

Qualifiers Schedule:
Competition: Saturday 12:00:00
End of Competition: Saturday 24:00:00
Requirements:
Up to 350 League Rank 6+ players can sign up for the Galaxy Championships. Up to 100 players unable to meet the League Rank requirement may pay 100 Mall Points to join. Mall Points spent this way can’t be refunded.

Finals Schedule:
Competition: Sunday 12:00:00
End of Competition: Sunday 24:00:00
Requirements:
Only players with Champion’s Passes can sign up for the Galaxy Championships Final. Champion’s Passes can’t be refunded.

Championship Points:
Placing and Championship Points will not be awarded if you fail to score a single Shootdown.
A report will be sent to your mailbox with the total number of Shootdowns achieved as well as any Championship Points awarded after each tournament battle.
1st – 2nd most Shootdowns will each win 900 Championship Points.
If more than 2 players share the same number of Shootdowns, placing will be decided by player ID.
3rd – 10th Place: 800 Points
11th – 20th Place: 600 Points
21st – 30th Place: 300 Points
Player’s with at least 1 Shootdown will win at least 300 Championship Points.

Victory Bonus: 300 Points
Defeat: 0 Points
Draw: 0 Points

The Grand Champion will win a total of 2,400 Championship Points (900 + 300 from the Qualifiers and 900+ 300 from the Finals)

Champions’ Mall (Coming Soon)
Items in this Mall may be bought with Championship Points.
The Galaxy Championships won’t be the only place to win Championship Points. Moving forward, the tournament format will expand to include inter-server competition, offering yet another way to earn Championship Points.

Blueprints for future weapons, ships, and even Commanders Cards will be available through the Champions’ Mall. Players are advised to consider this before spending too many Championship Points.

Champions’ Mall Preview:
The first wave of products in the Mall:
Blueprints:
>> The latest Frigate, Cruiser, and Battleship models.
>> 8 of the latest generation weapons.
>> A new Auxiliary Module.
Scrolls:
>> Divine Commanders currently unavailable outside of web events.
>> Future Divine Commanders when available.
Items:
>> From other Malls.
Commanders:
>> Legendary Commander Venus

Here are a few additional notes:
1. Your fleets will begin each Galaxy Championships battle in the same position as they’re arranged in your home planet Space Base.
2. If you have a League Rank 6+ during the Qualifiers registration, you can sign up for the Galaxy Championships for free. All other players can pay 100 Mall Points to register. There is a 450 entrant limit for the Qualifiers stage. Registration is first-come-first-served.
3. You can participate in the League or enter Instances while in the Galaxy Championships. However, any fleets you enter to the Championships will be locked from other activities.
4. Your qualification to the Finals stage is based on your Shootdown rate. However, it’s still important to plan your team strategy rather than going all out to attack. There’s a Championship Points victory bonus for the winning side!

Flag Post

Cant wait :D inter server battles was a good idea and i am looking forward to it… The buy in with MP seems a little stupid because i doubt anyone below rank 6 in league will get past the qualifiers, but hey, it sounds fun :D

Flag Post

So, I mainly use 1*s, but I got 2 5*s and 2 2* I use regularly. Do they put me in a harder battlefield as opposed to just using my 1*s?

Flag Post

We better be able to watch these battles. If they turn into league that would suck. I wanna see some epic battles between WWs

Flag Post

Look at IGG being awesome. Having the star ranking of your comms effect how many fleets fight per side is excellent for free players. If you bitches complain I swear I will farm you.

Flag Post

Couldn’t agree with you more Lynx. This is actually pretty neat.

Flag Post

This structuring seems pretty neat, I like how f2p get an advantage in terms of fleet numbers. Hoping you can use more high * skills then divines though, since they aren’t as good.

Flag Post

Maybe I’m wrong, but you did not specify the date of reference. Are only the days of the week, is it a weekly event?

Flag Post
Originally posted by LynxB:

Look at IGG being awesome. Having the star ranking of your comms effect how many fleets fight per side is excellent for free players. If you bitches complain I swear I will farm you.

I have to perfectly agree with you here lynx… This is a great step towards free players having their own events… I do hope they allow people to watch other matches ect. Hell even if I get creamed in my fights might record and upload them for others to watch because I imagine them being fun!!!

Flag Post

but if the sides are uneven, then the side with fewer fleets has an advantage, because scoring is based off of shootdowns, with a smaller side, they have more targets to kill than the team with more players.

Flag Post

but if the sides are uneven, then the side with more fleets has an advantage, because scoring is based off of shootdowns, with a larger side, they have more ships to kill with than the team with less players.

Flag Post

Hi, there.
For the Championship, it is supposed to be weekly.

Flag Post

Frankly I’d prefer to be on the side with less players. Less players = more easy targets on the other side since there are more fleets up per 1 of yours.

Flag Post

So I’ve never bothered posting on anything, but damn. This has the potential to be pretty awesome. I think there should be some kind of way to prevent someone from only sending in a single fleet with a high * commander to get seeded against people taking multiple fleets of 1-3* or so and facerolling everyone, but other than that this is by far the most intriguing thing I’ve seen here in a long, long time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vulpecia:

So I’ve never bothered posting on anything, but damn. This has the potential to be pretty awesome. I think there should be some kind of way to prevent someone from only sending in a single fleet with a high * commander to get seeded against people taking multiple fleets of 1-3* or so and facerolling everyone, but other than that this is by far the most intriguing thing I’ve seen here in a long, long time.

remember. you are trying to get as many kills as you can. it doesnt matter how many people you are seeded against. frankly I just think as long as you dont end up at the bottom of the barrel, you will do great. After all this system gives absolutely NO incentive at all to attack stronger players even if they are on the other side. Why would you even target something that you have 0 accuracy and waste rounds shooting at something you cant hit? You dont of course. you target min ___. kill whatever is easiest to get your shootdown count up fast. All the WWs will be running 6x of their best commanders with sbw targeting min atk or min dura and max range :p remember they will 99% of the time go first if they get paired up against 3 players of 6x 2* comms. It doesnt even matter if they lose all their ships. they just need to kill more than they sent.

Flag Post

I will win ;P

Flag Post
Originally posted by jjjuice11:

I will win ;P

Flag Post

Come farm me then Lynx, us f2p don’t stand a flippin’ chance against you dolladroppers and I’m insulted that you think we do.

Flag Post

What a strange thing to be insulted by.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ronin316:

but if the sides are uneven, then the side with fewer fleets has an advantage, because scoring is based off of shootdowns, with a smaller side, they have more targets to kill than the team with more players.

Originally posted by LynxB:

but if the sides are uneven, then the side with more fleets has an advantage, because scoring is based off of shootdowns, with a larger side, they have more ships to kill with than the team with less players.

What are you saying, lynx? Ronin is right. It doesn’t matter whether it’s 50k or 500 million ships vs stronger ships, the stronger side will always win and get even more points. If you need me to make this clear to you, take an example. X has 1 fleet of 27k ships battling vs Y’s 270k ships. None of Y’s ships can hit X’s ships because Y is way weaker than X, so X’s 27k ships destroy all of Y’s 270k ships. You get the point? So it’s all a pile of horseshit and we all already know the results. WW’s will get more shotdowns and more victories as well as more points, f2p will get the minimum. End of story, you can’t argue to that.

So, since we all already know the result, let’s enjoy watching the battles and see how we end up at these results, like a TV show, y’know. :)

Flag Post

IGG the idea is a very good idea (for once you got something right) but you have missed one flaw that makes this entire idea fall into chaos!

You need to put the teams with the team members.

Once Champions started the entire server (or at least S3 was) was thrown into chaos! People didn’t know what team they were on much less where their ships were!

I propose that you change that so each team starts on one side of the field and have the metaphorical hell break loose where people can see whose fighting who

Flag Post
Originally posted by mooneyboys:

IGG the idea is a very good idea (for once you got something right) but you have missed one flaw that makes this entire idea fall into chaos!

Once Champions started the entire server (or at least S3 was) was thrown into chaos! People didn’t know what team they were on much less where their ships were!

I propose that you change that so each team starts on one side of the field and have the metaphorical hell break loose where people can see whose fighting who

It was stated that the fleets are where you left them on your spacebase. When you can’t manage to remember where you parked your car in a parking slot then you don’t complain either, do you? On top of that your ships are the only ones that are violet….

Flag Post

What needs to be changed is not having everyone on top of each other in a massive swam. V_V

Flag Post
Originally posted by thmh:

It was stated that the fleets are where you left them on your spacebase. When you can’t manage to remember where you parked your car in a parking slot then you don’t complain either, do you? On top of that your ships are the only ones that are violet….

Trust me it isnt that simple. I’m only rank 5 so i only got to watch but everyone usually had their fleets where everyone else had their fleets. So total chaos has ensured while everyone tried to find their ships. And sure your is the only purple one but how are you going to find them in a sea of reds and blues?

Flag Post
Originally posted by thmh:

Trust me it isnt that simple. I’m only rank 5 so i only got to watch but everyone usually had their fleets where everyone else had their fleets. So total chaos has ensured while everyone tried to find their ships. And sure your is the only purple one but how are you going to find them in a sea of reds and blues?

Just remember where you placed your fleets…. I started mine in the corners, found them immediatly.