I.G.L. Preview and FAQs

13 posts

Flag Post

Professor Elliot T. Reginald of the Military Research Department, while performing experiments in particle acceleration, made an accidental breakthrough discovery in the field of quantum physics. This discovery quickly changed the fate of the Galaxy forever… For the first time ever, inter-galactic travel had been unlocked.

The Federation discovered, to its surprise, other galactic communities like our own, as well as the terrible revelation that whatever dark forces that has been directing and escalating the space pirates’ attacks have been at work in other galaxies as well.

This discovery has led to a formation of an Inter-Galactic League – an arena where the best leaders in the universe exchange both brain and brawn. The growing darkness behind the space pirate attacks has forced every able Commander to hone their skills and strategies in preparation for the looming threat. The Inter-Galactic League is where only the best in the universe can rise and crowned Champions…

Inter-Galactic League (IGL) FAQ

Inter-server competition is finally coming to Galaxy Online II. Challenge your peers from other galaxies (servers) and forge a legend for yourself in the game. The whole universe is your stage if you are good enough. This feature will be coming soon, so drop us a message if you have any suggestions for the IGL. We hope to hear from you!

The answers below from Team GOII are accurate at time of print. Details are subject to change as the feature continues to develop.

Q: When can we expect to see this IGL online?
A: This feature is about 75% complete and we’re still in the midst of making improvements.

Q: How can we access the IGL?
A: For now, you’ll need to construct a new building on your base to enter the IGL.

Q: How many fleets can I send to participate?
A: You are allowed to send up to 8 fleets.

Q: What rewards are there for participating in the IGL?
A: You can join in up to 10 matches a day. Matches results in a Victory, Draw, or Defeat, each with its corresponding rewards. The IGL rankings update every 24 hours. You can claim rewards based on your current IGL rank.

Q: Can I challenge players in the top 10 if my rank is around 200 in the IGL?
A: Everyone has a range of players they can choose to challenge for a duel. The higher your rank is, the smaller the range. At the moment, players in the top 10 ranks are beyond the range of the 200th ranked player in the IGL.

Q: With up to 8 fleets in up to 10 IGL Matches each day, is there a way to play faster?
A: We’re developing a Rapid Watch mode that will help you get your battlefield report immediately. You’ll have 30 seconds select Rapid Watch after which a Normal Watch Mode will take effect. Choosing Rapid Watch will automatically send a battle report to your Mailbox. You can also choose to watch in real time as well.

More to follow…

Flag Post

So what you’re saying is you always had a fast-forward button?

Flag Post
Originally posted by IGG_Games:
A: We’re developing a Rapid Watch mode that will help you get your battlefield report immediately. You’ll have 30 seconds select Rapid Watch after which a Normal Watch Mode will take effect. Choosing Rapid Watch will automatically send a battle report to your Mailbox. You can also choose to watch in real time as well.

More to follow…

^ They are developing it. Supposedly they haven’t had it before.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

Will Kongregate servers be allowed to play against the facebook servers ect. Or is facebook only against facebook, kong against kong?

Flag Post

How about adding this feature to the regular Championships…. 7 Hours later and our match is STILL going. Add this “speed up” option to Champs.

Flag Post

if it would be a kong, fb league id start donating again

otherwise i suggest IGG does something about poor attendance on kong.

On IGG home page why can there not be a FB and Kong option, personally FB is a disgrace to the internet and any option i have to avoid FB will be taken. First and foremost that should be added, attendance is piss poor, with many vets on the verge on leaving

Flag Post

Question: will i be able to register some fleets with IGL and still do other things i.e. regular instances/trials ?

While working on this could you fix some things related to instances? (i doubt it, but no harm in asking)
1)memory /resource leak. Performance gets worse with each subsequent instance entered. i have to restart Browser every few days, refresh the kong page every 30-40 instances otherwise it is too slow.
2) unclean exits. if you are watching space raid or Champion, and trial/instance ends you are kicked out of viewing space raid/champ.

Flag Post

@Orchiix Igg said they are trying to develop a speed up button on I.G.L so you could do it very fast then do something else with your fleets….

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sasuke8945:

@Orchiix Igg said they are trying to develop a speed up button on I.G.L so you could do it very fast then do something else with your fleets….

I am asking because even sped up 16 fleets 100 rounds could be quite some time. I would like to be able to register fleets, but still be able to have the option of doing other things. It may be such that they can run the numbers and return results quick(less then 30s). But I have my doubts.

They say there will be different rewards from loss vs draw. People will put in ultra tanks if draw is better then loss(or just being jerks).

Crunching some numbers, 15s move/attack(conservative), all fleets tanked to the max so no damage is done,(enough regen to compensate):
16 fleets * 15s/move *100 move /3600sec/hour = 6.6hours. How fast can they simulate that? One match? No Problem. For 10 matches per player per day? How good are their servers?

Flag Post

It looks like the “fast forward” option only sends you a battle report mail, no getting fleets back early. Also, with up to 16 fleets in any given battle, battles should not even get close to round 100 before timing out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ronin316:

It looks like the “fast forward” option only sends you a battle report mail, no getting fleets back early. Also, with up to 16 fleets in any given battle, battles should not even get close to round 100 before timing out.

Right forgot about that bit. 20+#attack(8) +#def(8) = 36 rounds. still ~2.4hours or so.

Flag Post

so who wants to trade wins? we can both move up the ladder and do the fights as fast as possible.

/abuse

I just hope the rewards really aren’t all that great so as to deter abuse. again adding more without fixing/finishing current content.

Flag Post

Okay so here’s another thing to consider…. The I.G.L. wants to pit us against the FB servers, who are ahead of us and get the advantages of being ahead of us through better events. Why not allow us the opportunity to get the SAME events if we are supposed to be able to be COMPETITIVE. I know some of them already have items, such as Armstrong Radion Armor, which isn’t available to even our strongest WWs currently. So IPSO FACTO, if you want a good showing on this, you should probably implement something to even the curve between us and fb. Let’s be real here. Their ships are going to be better 9/10 times.

Flag Post

yes i agree
i play the facebook one on there and they have pretty much everything in game.
there is also people who you we will be taking on like durao and truebane that are 115 lv.
its just plain unfair IGG.
We have no chance!