lowering prices

17 posts

Flag Post

I have a plan to lower gold prices comment if u want to hear it.

Flag Post

Lol, lets hear this “plan”

Flag Post

The poorly thought up plan I had was to see if mall points lose value and gold becomes a stronger currency with prices reduced extremely or at least half.

Flag Post

As with history dictates, a currency does not just grow “strong” by the words of certain people.

Flag Post

MAYBE we should introduce a new currency. AS THE GOLD GETS HIGHER. Then the newer currency gets LOWER.

Flag Post

Those are thoughts and idea. I was just thinking about it so hopefully things get better but they probably wont so some might have to adopt to the changes coming.

Flag Post

These things will never work, the only thing that will really work is if we get more people like JH :P, whenever I get stuff I sell it cheap, but it is very rare that I get stuff…

Flag Post

I try to sell cheap but I need some gold. The rest of times I try to give out things for almost free.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HerbertKnivez:

These things will never work, the only thing that will really work is if we get more people like JH :P, whenever I get stuff I sell it cheap, but it is very rare that I get stuff…

lol, see the prices in Server 1. Ursa Major. The prices for a crap instance technology is 1 million for and i9 Bp,

Flag Post

Thats because people all want indy BPs but don’t want to farm ’em

Flag Post

OP: you should read up on the topic “micro economics” and this little thing called “supply and demand”.

In this game supply of gold is high, and so far higher as time goes on. Better comms, better ships allow faster farming ie 15 coms with 361+ speed will be faster then 5 commons etc. Upgrades to rbp, warehouses, resource buildings increases supply of gold.

Things to spend gold on, the demand for gold,(upgrades, research) decrease supply. The auction doesn’t decrease supply by much since the traded goods still exist after a trade. One thing that keeps prices somewhat in check is the demand for gold increases over time via research, (late game research is more expensive then early). However once researched it stays researched. Implying once you spend X billion of gold you don’t have to pay significant amounts again. Which implies really late game there will minimal demand for gold- which will cause ridiculous price rises on the auction.

To change this you must remove gold from the system. You must either decrease supply- ie reduce amount from resource buildings and instances OR increase demand -ie more expensive things to research. Screwing around on the auction changes nothing(unless you boost posting fee of course).

Anything to manipulate prices that doesn’t take supply and demand into account is doomed in the long run.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ochiix:

OP: you should read up on the topic “micro economics” and this little thing called “supply and demand”.

In this game supply of gold is high, and so far higher as time goes on. Better comms, better ships allow faster farming ie 15 coms with 361+ speed will be faster then 5 commons etc. Upgrades to rbp, warehouses, resource buildings increases supply of gold.

Things to spend gold on, the demand for gold,(upgrades, research) decrease supply. The auction doesn’t decrease supply by much since the traded goods still exist after a trade. One thing that keeps prices somewhat in check is the demand for gold increases over time via research, (late game research is more expensive then early). However once researched it stays researched. Implying once you spend X billion of gold you don’t have to pay significant amounts again. Which implies really late game there will minimal demand for gold- which will cause ridiculous price rises on the auction.

To change this you must remove gold from the system. You must either decrease supply- ie reduce amount from resource buildings and instances OR increase demand -ie more expensive things to research. Screwing around on the auction changes nothing(unless you boost posting fee of course).

Anything to manipulate prices that doesn’t take supply and demand into account is doomed in the long run.

Yeah, the problem is that I play ON A REALLY late game server and prices are a little high for used to be afk player.
In fact the items on the auction house are about 10x-20x less than on of the newer servers, but costs 50x more. Even for crap techs.

Flag Post

Here’s another approach:
When the server is new, players dont have huge gold supplies. If, me for example, manage to get 2 Ares Widowmaker BP (ballistics line), I will use the 1st, then try to sell the 2nd.
Since gold supplies are low, I dont have much gold myself. So i’d better sell it quickly and not have it left (thus having to repay taxes). That means a lower price for the BP, so someone buys it within the time limit.
Moving to a more advanced server, players have moved on with their research. Gold supplies have increased as well. That means two things:
a) I can wait far more for my BP to be sold.
b) I have the ability to put it at a higher price.

In the first scenario, lets say Ares sells for 500K gold, after 5 hours. At that stage of the game, 500K gold is crusial. Minus taxes it goes to ~450. So, what seemed like a cheap offer, was in fact a smart selling.
In the second scenario, I sell Ares for 3,5M, after 4 days. Minus the taxes (paid 3 times) it goes to 3M gold. Although I paid more taxes and waited longer, those 3M I earnt aren’t gonna make any difference.

Researches cost 50M+ each, Trial and Virgo bp’s are somewhat rare and awfully expensive to get, outside corps. Gold production ranges from 500K to 1M per hour. As thus, even if the BP is not sold at all, it makes no difference. Being sold, on the other hand, speeds you up for… 1h of waiting?

TL;DR
In less advanced servers, people struggle for gold. And small amounts of it DO make a difference.
In more advanced servers, gold is more than sufficient. And selling useless bp’s for low prices is like giving them away for free. On top of that gold needs, for low amounts, are practically non-existent.
That’s why you find crap bp’s for, what seems to you, extremely expensive prices!

Flag Post
Originally posted by GoliathAA:

Yeah, the problem is that I play ON A REALLY late game server and prices are a little high for used to be afk player.
In fact the items on the auction house are about 10x-20x less than on of the newer servers, but costs 50x more. Even for crap techs.

Do you mean there is less supply so the demand drives prices up? For young servers many can’t run higher instances thus they farm the lesser instances increasing supply of lesser bp, driving prices down.

Allow me to mention another microeconomics term “opportunity cost”. You should look it up.
I can run any instance(opportunity), but i can only do one at a time(cost). so i do the one that nets me the most per unit time.
This means that i27,i30 are run much more often then any other instance. thus bp from those are cheap, there is high supply of those.
For the lesser instances there is low supply -people aren’t running/farming them. so prices rise until its worth it to farm them instead of i30/i27.

In other words if i can sell a regular instance bp for 10Mil, that would be worth my time to farm. 2Mil? not so much. so the price will end up between those prices. As you have observed.

Supply and demand are setting prices along with opportunity cost. If you understand those concepts you will understand the auction prices much better. To whine about this is to whine that water is wet.

Flag Post

Hmm, makes sense, but still, the point it is hard to do anything with the amount of gold I have.

Flag Post

I think there is a way but I dont know what it is really.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator