Ship Refitting

14 posts

Flag Post

Devs,

Please give us the option to refit ships with new weapons, armor, etc, instead of forcing us to scrap good ships just to replace modules. This is so asinine. It is like tearing down your house just to change the light bulbs. It does not have to be this way.

Thanks,
SG

Flag Post

Totally.

It’s not like the engines would be integral to the ship or anything.

Flag Post

A resource fee for refitting ships of the same chassis would be great. Also they should add a new function to ships being sold on market, if you buy the patent for that ship you can alter it!! And that stuff.

Flag Post

This actually sounds like a intuitive system that many players would like. Unfortunately I assume something like this would never be implemented.

Flag Post

120mp to redesign a fleet. WW gonna love you! :D

Flag Post

I would absolutely love to be able to modify my existing ship designs.

Flag Post

This is a brilliant idea :D Hate scrapping good ships cause I forgot to put something on

Flag Post

Great idea. I’m fine if it takes time to refit ships as long as I can refit them. It gets really annoying when u scrap good ships

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shorgun:

This actually sounds like a intuitive system that many players would like. Unfortunately I assume something like this would never be implemented.

It’s not assuming when you make an educated guess on past behavior…

Seriously folks, everyone can tell it should have been designed that way in the first place. But unless you all are going to pay them to fix their game design, it’s not going to happen. This goes for all the game design elements that IGG got wrong — people post nearly identical threads about this stuff and then get ignored forever by IGG. Good luck with that.

Flag Post

“It is like tearing down your house just to change the light bulbs.”

Terrible analogy.

It’s like upgrading to a new model year on a car. You don’t just take your 1990 F-150 to the dealership and get 2014 performance out of it. You trade it in for some amount of money (recycle) which you can use to buy a 2014 F-150 w/2014 add-ons and performance.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Conquest888:

This is a brilliant idea :D Hate scrapping good ships cause I forgot to put something on

They’re not good ships if you forgot to put something on them…

Build better ships the first time?

Flag Post

Juice… what if I want to take that 1990 F-150 in and replace the engine, hell… maybe convert it to an electric. Put in a new transmission, maybe some Bond gear and turn it into a mobile death machine. I’m not buying a new car, I’m retrofitting an existing vehicle. There is a cost associated, but it’s the same “hull”.

Flag Post

Yeah but…it’s probably cheaper to build it from scratch than retrofit the 1990 F-150 like you describe…

Flag Post

any ways cars are the worst to retrofit sometimes, because sometimes the equipment cost more than the car. .