Quality Gifts for a Quality Game! (unlocked)

49 posts

Flag Post

From IGG_Games:
“From now on, each time Galaxy Online-II completes a maintenance with an average rating of 4.05, every player will receive 500 Vouchers and 30 Raw Gemstones.”

As of Nov. 17:
Avg: 3.93 of 4,607 ratings

Let “Lemming” = anybody who gives this piece of work an underserving 5 stars.

If we count only new lemmings’ ratings, IGG_Games could reach their target with ONLY 582 lemmings. Yes, it is far away, but they put the actually-bother-to-reward-players target high on purpose. Their real target is 4.00, so that they don’t have to bother distributing free garbage, and they get to claim a 4-star game. For that, they are only 322 lemmings away.

But YOU can help! If YOU give it a 1 star, you can set them back 3 lemmings.

Do your part! Vote 1 star now, veto 3 lemmings!

It’s up to you to make a difference! Do the right thing!

Flag Post

I think it’s kinda rediculous to vote an ok game one star. It’s not exactly worth five stars either though but voting it one star because they’re rewarding people who vote is kinda bad gamesmanship.

Flag Post

How exactly is punishing bribers bad gamesmanship? They are not rewarding anyone. They are bribing people. There’s actually a huge difference.

They are just trying to get the rating up without actually doing anything real. Like fixing the bugs.

My rating isn’t going to one yet, but trying to bribe people makes it more and more likely.

Flag Post

One-starred the moment I saw the bribe.

Flag Post

Rating has dropped to 3.89 at time of writing, lol. I guess the badge collectors didn’t think that much of the game.

Flag Post

3.86 now lol :D

Flag Post

Dont see why if you actually play the game you wouldnt just rate it 5 star nd get ur free resource…. Whats the point in not getting free stuff.

Flag Post

Because the point of the whole ranking system is to let the users judge and review the game, they should be the representation of their view on it, whether we like it or not, if their staff listen to the players, if they care to make the game fair, if they have content for all players (not aimed and paying only) etc etc, it let new players see if its worth their time and money.

Apply your logic to any critic, a movie critic, a food critic….they could do their job and also get some “extra” payment for blindly luring people and lying to them by giving it a higher score than it deserve, what the point of not getting some free stuff right?
Well because its not about yourself winning freebies, its about your integrity.
(kongregate serious business).

Flag Post

Ok, I hate the game, so rating it 1 star is correct.
If you hate the game, just because of the bribe, voting 1 star is correct.

Flag Post

I have to agree, bribing players to get higher rating is just ugly, vote 1 star!

Flag Post

If you vote 1 star why play the game at all? also don’t complain when the game dies because of a lack of new players because certain groups of people downrate this game.

Flag Post

don’t be such a lemming!

Flag Post

Why they want it so bad? Cause high rating give real world, hard cash. Like the weekly and monthly awards. More exposure in the top games, badges that bring in new players. We are talking about making real money here people. If you think IGG deserves to get that money give them high rates.

Personally I gave this a 3 stars, cause it deserves a 3 at max, and I am not changing the rate until they actually get stuff that was mentioned by numerous players fixed.
Bribing players for rates should be banned on kongregate, cause it takes REAL money away from other developers, people that actually care about their player base and don’t see them just as a cash cow that goes “Moo!”.

Flag Post

IGG is defying the system. The system where gamers judge the game, regardless of any influence on them, by the devs. This is downright unethical. IGG, I suggest you guys get a life and some sincerity, if you guys are serious about games. But wait a second, what you guys want is quick money, but no real fans. And we ain’t letting that happen.
1 star it is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by James_Voltaire:

Why they want it so bad? Cause high rating give real world, hard cash. Like the weekly and monthly awards. More exposure in the top games, badges that bring in new players. We are talking about making real money here people. If you think IGG deserves to get that money give them high rates.

Personally I gave this a 3 stars, cause it deserves a 3 at max, and I am not changing the rate until they actually get stuff that was mentioned by numerous players fixed.
Bribing players for rates should be banned on kongregate, cause it takes REAL money away from other developers, people that actually care about their player base and don’t see them just as a cash cow that goes “Moo!”.

Interestingly enough, PBBGs (Persistent Browser Based Games) have the option to modify their ratings, which eliminate any rating from a person that did not load the game completely, or create a character. The upside is that the rating is closer to true rating of people that play it, the downside is that the game is no longer eligible for weekly and monthly contests. There was a rather large thread in the main forum on that topic (that’s where I heard about the bribing).

(Just for clarity’s sake, I’m just playing it for the badge and moving on, never to look back. Bribing players is shameless and if I wasn’t already rating the game 1/5, I would instantly change my vote because of it. Also, this post is merely meant to be informative, since I found the modifying interesting and just wanted to pass along the information.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Flying_Dutchman:

If you vote 1 star why play the game at all? also don’t complain when the game dies because of a lack of new players because certain groups of people downrate this game.

I really couldn’t care less if that game or the whole company dies. Name one decent game they made!

Flag Post

so far I have payed as much for this game as a console game costs in a physical store.

I don’t mind paying for my gaming, but I would like to get something in return, and no, I don’t mean more ROD’s or DFA’s, I mean IGG actually spending some of the money we give them into improving the game, not just figuring out more ways to get money.

Do something for the customers, and we’ll give better ratings, but trying to bribe us to hack kong’s rating system…
well..

Flag Post

3.69… How’s that rating grab working out? :D

Flag Post

well i previously rated it 4/5 but dropped mine to a 3.

Flag Post

don’t explain anything why sorry

Flag Post

Personally, I rather like this game, it, and I would like to see it improved. I think its terrible that the devs try and bribe their way to ratings rather than try to improve this game. Was a 4 star, now 3. I really wish IGG was more responsive to the player base.

Flag Post

The anti-lemming movement has caught fire.

You can tell by the change in the numbers:

2 days ago: Avg: 3.93 of 4,607 ratings, 582 lemmings needed.

Now: Avg. 3.55 of 5,857 ratings. Lemmings needed, 3,083!

We set them back by 2,500 lemmings! We proved that every vote counts, and doing the right thing is a big deal.

In case you were wondering, since my last point the average new rating has been about 2.15 stars. Fair enough. Let’s make a chart.

5 stars: You are a lemming.
4 stars: You are a needy/vulnerable person who sleeps with lemmings easily.
3 stars: You are a loose/easy person, but still in control.
2 stars: You are normal!
1 star: You killed 3 lemmings and made the streets that much safer.

Flag Post

what the heck is a lemming? is that suppose to be players votes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fgdhdrfsd:

what the heck is a lemming? is that suppose to be players votes.

Originally posted by Borntolose:

In case you were wondering, since my last point the average new rating has been about 2.15 stars. Fair enough. Let’s make a chart.

5 stars: You are a lemming.
4 stars: You are a needy/vulnerable person who sleeps with lemmings easily.
3 stars: You are a loose/easy person, but still in control.
2 stars: You are normal!
1 star: You killed 3 lemmings and made the streets that much safer.

Flag Post

ok thanks for explaining it