Prepare to Team Up as Space Raiders!

34 posts

Flag Post

Commanders of the Federation, strap in and brace yourselves, the Space “Raiders” feature is about to bring team exploration and combat to Galaxy Online-II! Players must first obtain a Ruin Chart. Match two pieces together with a friend and chart a route to some undiscovered ruins in deep space. Raid the ruins for a king’s ransom or intercept another team, Galaxy Online-II will never be the same again!

The following FAQ contains information that may be subject to change. A full article detailing the exact rules of the feature will be released when the new feature goes online:

1. What are Ruin Charts?
Ans: Simply put, Ruin Charts work like the Constellation Passes, granting you access to the Space Raiders feature. Ruin Charts come in two different forms, Ruin Charts (Left) and Ruin Charts (Right). A team of 2 Space Raider friends each carrying a separate piece is needed to form a complete Chart to enter the instance.

2. How do I obtain a Ruin Chart?
Ans: We will add Ruin Charts as a reward to certain existing Instances such as Trial Instances or Constellations Instances.

3. Are there different grades of Ruin Charts?
Ans: Of course! Like Bionic Chips, grade is determined by the color.

4. If a member of the team carries a different grade of the Ruin Chart from the other member, is it still possible to embark on a raid? And if so, how does the different grade of the Ruin Charts affect the outcome of the raid?
Ans: Yes, a team carrying different grades of Ruin Charts can still form a raid. Suppose the reward for raiding a ruin using a Green Ruin Chart will yield a Resource Pack as reward while a Purple Ruin Chart will yield a Legendary Commander Card. Player A is using a Green Ruin Chart (Left) while Player B is using a Purple Ruin Chart (Right). If they successfully complete a raid, Player A will receive a Resource Pack while Player B will receive a Legendary Commander Card.

5. Wouldn’t a team using Orange Ruin Charts for both sides attract a huge crowd of players waiting to intercept them?
Ans: Only the first player to reach the team gets to engage them to contest for the loot from the raid. If the team successfully defends against the attack of the intercepting player, they get to keep their rewards, if not the intercepting player gets to go back with the spoils of both players from the raid! So be sure to find yourself a strong partner if you are anticipating a lucrative raid!

6. How do I go about intercepting another team’s raid?
Ans: Using the previous example, the raiding team will have a countdown timer of 10 minutes once they start the raid. You will need to send a fleet to intercept this team and take on both players’ fleets before the 10 minutes are up. Defeat the raid team and you get to obtain both the Resource Pack and the Legendary Commander Card.

7. How many fleets can I send for this feature?
Ans: If you are part of the raiding team, you can send up to 2 fleets. A player intercepting a team of Space Raiders can send up to 4 fleets.

8. Will ships and He3 be lost in Space Raiders Instances?
Ans: Players engaged in a fight with each other in a Space Raiders Instance will not suffer any permanent loss of Ships and He3.

9. When can I take part in the Space Raiders feature?
Ans: This feature is organized in a similar fashion as League matches. There are 2 time slots per day, each lasting about an hour.

As the feature is currently still in development, we welcome you to leave a comment for any feedback or suggestions you might have!

Flag Post

cool

Flag Post

When will the beta phase be over and all the bugs fixed? I would rate this game above a 1 (there is no 0) and even spend money on it if it were playable, God forbid…

Flag Post

Conceptually this is nice, and since I’m in a decent corps we’ll probably benefit from it.
But slightly concerned, that this is another feature that just makes strong players stronger. What’s to stop top players from simply stealing everyone else’s rewards by intercepting their ruin runs?

I suppose players could engineer it so an ally (or for many players one of their countless alts) intercepts you instead with an intentional fail-fleet, but this probably wasn’t your design intent and would rather take the fun out of the whole thing?

Flag Post

Sounds interesting. I like the idea.

I think making it so a player could only do it a certain amount of times a day (like Restricted instances) Would be a good idea though, to prevent a lot of intercepting.

Also I like the idea of something new, but there are other existing issues that aren’t being fixed. Maybe you should fix what you already have before adding something new?

Flag Post

having a chance for a legend sounds great to me :D

Flag Post

“Ans: Players engaged in a fight with each other in a Space Raiders Instance will not suffer any permanent loss of Ships and He3.” What about losses from raiding the ruins? I’d assumed there would be pirates guarding them, or is there no fight if your not intercepted?

@Raxy: unfortunately, MMOGs always put new features ahead of fixing bugs. More people quit because of boredom than bugs.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure anyone completing a raid will simply have their alt corp immediately send a single Weikes to intercept. Then they get a free ride home. Are you implementing some mechanism to avoid this? For example, in League where you can’t see exactly who you going up against.

What happens in the case of a draw during interception?

How many times can you intercept in a day? Can you do multiple at the same time?

Flag Post

At first I liked the idea.
And then I read this.
We will add Ruin Charts as a reward to certain existing Instances such as Trial Instances or Constellations Instances.
I inferred due to how ineffective f2pers were, are, and will forever be at farming such instances, the f2pers like me will never benefit from it.
:’(

Flag Post

So, the powerful players get to get phat loot from this and steal loot from weaker players when they don’t have charts? Awesome.

Flag Post

Yay we get another instance, and still no mass mailing for corps, or activity check, or a way to combat alts, or a way for corps to trade items, or a corps friend page, or fix the bug where you can’t speed up corps mates builds by clicking enter, or add a name search to the friends list in place of the friend add, or corps market, or corps forum, or fixing the lack of character limit in the corps bulletin and philosophy, or fix the lack of limit for corp chat, or the lack of alliance options for both corps and private players, or the lack of emblems for corps, or The bug where we can’t use any symbols in emails, or the bug where you can have no spaces in ship designs name, or the lack of personal player philosophy, or the list that goes on and on.
But never mind that Shut up I.G.G. and take my money!
-Geargod
I only criticize because this game has a lot of potential, but the above problems are not present in a lot of other games of the same genre that YOU I.G.G. are Competing against for customers.

Flag Post

I think this is a great idea, so long as f2players are able to do it as well

Flag Post

Oh in addition to finding a solution for the Alt Intercepts and the Top Player > Little Guy Intercepts, could you also please remember many of your players are in Europe and work/study 9-5, so if you make 2 time slots a day do not make it so they are only doable by Americans.

Flag Post
Originally posted by geargod:

Yay we get another instance, and still no mass mailing for corps, or activity check, or a way to combat alts, or a way for corps to trade items, or a corps friend page, or fix the bug where you can’t speed up corps mates builds by clicking enter, or add a name search to the friends list in place of the friend add, or corps market, or corps forum, or fixing the lack of character limit in the corps bulletin and philosophy, or fix the lack of limit for corp chat, or the lack of alliance options for both corps and private players, or the lack of emblems for corps, or The bug where we can’t use any symbols in emails, or the bug where you can have no spaces in ship designs name, or the lack of personal player philosophy, or the list that goes on and on.
But never mind that Shut up I.G.G. and take my money!
-Geargod
I only criticize because this game has a lot of potential, but the above problems are not present in a lot of other games of the same genre that YOU I.G.G. are Competing against for customers.

I agree with you. But at least now i know I.G.G. still is around :P I was starting to think there was not anyone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Toralk:

@Raxy: unfortunately, bad MMOGs always put new features ahead of fixing bugs.

There are plenty of minor mmos that do both. They just don’t make enough money or fame to grow famous because as you say..

More people quit because of boredom than bugs.

Gamers now-a-days accept bugged-open-beta pre-releases as the norm.

Flag Post

If it was split on ranks like league it might prevent people from using alts to intercept raids. The only way to go up on ranks is to use the chart itself, people wont waste it just to lvl alts on rank.

Flag Post
Originally posted by flinks:

people wont waste it just to lvl alts on rank.

You could probably apply that same logic on mp and instance passes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vaetrus:

@Raxy: unfortunately, bad MMOGs always put new features ahead of fixing bugs.

There are plenty of minor mmos that do both. They just don’t make enough money or fame to grow famous because as you say..

More people quit because of boredom than bugs.

Gamers now-a-days accept bugged-open-beta pre-releases as the norm.

Well, some do, and more than before. The vast majority of gamers out there don’t, so….

Flag Post

IGG, got a suggestion for this feature: remove it, immediately, and let’s just forget it ever occured to anyone it’d be a good idea. You happy, us happy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zlamz:

IGG, got a suggestion for this feature: remove it, immediately, and let’s just forget it ever occured to anyone it’d be a good idea. You happy, us happy.

I second that.
This feature only shows that you have no clue how to make this game any better, it only gets worse with it.

Flag Post

First impression:
Event is the biggest waste of an hour ever. Enough said. If you don’t understand why I said this, you haven’t tried it.

Flag Post

I gotta agree, though I think over time it will get better. High level players will intercept only purple and orange runs, leaving the greens and blues alone for the most part. Will make it safer

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconlazurus:

I gotta agree, though I think over time it will get better. High level players will intercept only purple and orange runs, leaving the greens and blues alone for the most part. Will make it safer

Not in S2.

This is gonna be bad for anyone there who, again, is not already a power player.

Flag Post

wow, space raiders is just next level of IGG stupidity, worst game design ever, this will make me stop giving IGG my money.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skurboll:

wow, space raiders is just next level of IGG stupidity, worst game design ever, this will make me stop giving IGG my money.

They’re not stupid, they are good people!

It will take more than a terribly designed game to make me stop parting with my money!