What's best weapon: maxed out

31 posts

Flag Post

I got the penultimate techs researched for ballistic, directional, and missile weapons, and the 1st of the final techs. Which is the best? What about SB when I get them at this point? Wiki has nothing on weapons at this point.

Flag Post

for instances go ballistic and directional. for pvp go ballistics, missiles, and directionals(in that order)

Flag Post

PVE balistics directional then missle shipbased.

PvP ballistics shipbased then directional.

Ballistics : fires every turn lowest dmg but eats least he3. Horizontal scatter and light breaker

Directional: slightly more powerful, fires every second turn but uses low he3. Debuffs opponents fleet

Missle: big he3 use, long range and 3 round fire cycle. People prefer this cause late game it has whole fleet scatter.

Ship-based: Huge dmg, Huge he3 consumption. Basically tank breaker. Set these to eat durability and you counter most shit. 4 round cooldown but usually breaks through any shields leaving your directionals/ balistics to mop up unhindered (damage negation only affects shields) With fortune lowers cd to 1 turn quite alot of the time, demolishing fleets

One HUGE point for ship based > missiles, ship based weapons carry an intercept chance, IE can reduce missile and other ship based damage that is fired at you. So your offense aids in defense.

but thats not all my friend. You need to counter opponents fleets too

t t t ||| c c c
g g g ||| c c c
g g g ||| c c c

these are the common formations, where t is a tank, g is glass cannon and c is a multi-role.

You use missiles against the first formation, due to whole fleet splash, because while you just hit the tank, the splash mauls the glass cannons. Therefore you have missiles set to highest attack.

Ship based are better at multi-roll killing due to being able to eat through the shields and negation. They also excell at tank-killing.

Directional and balistic are mopups, set them to target close and have high engines and they will hold the front line and kill weak things.

Was abit of a rant but there ya go.

FOr a newbie i suggest reaserching deep into balistics first, getting max lvl hop bombs for instance farming.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kalkara:

Ballistics : fires every turn lowest dmg but eats least he3. Horizontal scatter and light breaker

Directional: slightly more powerful, fires every second turn but uses low he3. Debuffs opponents fleet

Missle: big he3 use, long range and 3 round fire cycle. People prefer this cause late game it has whole fleet scatter.

Ship-based: Huge dmg, Huge he3 consumption. Basically tank breaker. Set these to eat durability and you counter most shit. 4 round cooldown but usually breaks through any shields leaving your directionals/ balistics to mop up unhindered (damage negation only affects shields) With fortune lowers cd to 1 turn quite alot of the time, demolishing fleets

One HUGE point for ship based > missiles, ship based weapons carry an intercept chance, IE can reduce missile and other ship based damage that is fired at you. So your offense aids in defense.

t t t ||| c c c
g g g ||| c c c
g g g ||| c c c

these are the common formations, where t is a tank, g is glass cannon and c is a multi-role.

You use missiles against the first formation, due to whole fleet splash, because while you just hit the tank, the splash mauls the glass cannons. Therefore you have missiles set to highest attack.

Ship based are better at multi-roll killing due to being able to eat through the shields and negation. They also excell at tank-killing.

Directional and balistic are mopups, set them to target close and have high engines and they will hold the front line and kill weak things.

FOr a newbie i suggest reaserching deep into balistics first, getting max lvl hop bombs for instance farming.

Hop bombs? no, just not… The whole reason to go into ballistics is to resarch victory rush(up to +220% damage) and range extension(up to +2 range). Also, another thing to note about missiles and shipbased is that they can be intercepted by anti air cannons, and have a lower hit chance then ballistics or directionals.

Flag Post

Things to keep in mind:
Victory Rush. Agility vs Steering. Negates and Regens vs Pure Dmg. Min and Max Range.

Flag Post

ok im going to get a lot of negative but if you have ballistics and enough speed on the ship you can attack every turn
dirctionals CAN be intercepted but it isnt very common and they do a decent dmg but you have to be at least 1 space away from other fleet to attack and it has a 1 day cool down
missles and drones (ship based) wepions take a while to cool down plus they need a lot of space away from other fleet to attack so you need a very good movement above a 4 minamum also if your fleet gets cornored your screwed so i suggest ballistics they may seem week but they dont take much space and they can attack every turn only down side is 1-2 but can be extended to 4 after a while and a ton of gold
note: only ballistics cant be intercepted

Flag Post

Our big players have recently been deploying sbws in pvp and pve. Though their sbws have intercepted other enemy sbws, we have yet to see a sbw intercept enemy missiles.
@fgd, directionals can never be intercepted, same with bali.

Flag Post

Don’t forget to use laser weapons and CQC

Flag Post

how bout you just use all of the weapons :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by fgdhdrfsd:

ok im going to get a lot of negative but if you have ballistics and enough speed on the ship you can attack every turn
dirctionals CAN be intercepted but it isnt very common and they do a decent dmg but you have to be at least 1 space away from other fleet to attack and it has a 1 day cool down
missles and drones (ship based) wepions take a while to cool down plus they need a lot of space away from other fleet to attack so you need a very good movement above a 4 minamum also if your fleet gets cornored your screwed so i suggest ballistics they may seem week but they dont take much space and they can attack every turn only down side is 1-2 but can be extended to 4 after a while and a ton of gold

Wrong, directional cannot be intercepted. Thats just silly how are you gonna intercept space lasers?

Flag Post

Wrong, directional cannot be intercepted. Thats just silly how are you gonna intercept space lasers?

if you can READ the wiki it says only ballistics cant be intercepted its silly how you think dirctionals are all space lasers, lasers arn’t bombs also they cant be blocked its in attack part of page in dirctionals

Flag Post

(due to new info I closed this post so i stop getting told im a troll)
have a nice day

Flag Post
Originally posted by lazorpong:

t t t ||| c c c
g g g ||| c c c
g g g ||| c c c

Hop bombs? no, just not… The whole reason to go into ballistics is to resarch victory rush(up to +220% damage) and range extension(up to +2 range). Also, another thing to note about missiles and shipbased is that they can be intercepted by anti air cannons, and have a lower hit chance then ballistics or directionals.

if you get victory rush its kinda pointless to get the range upgrade since you deal the most dmg at minimum range also hop bombs is a really useful upgrade for ballistics the first 2 perks i would get for those are shield penetration and scatter then hop bombs imo ballistic and directional are the best for a beginner specially directinal you can get pierce and its fairly cheap even though pierce crit doesnt works the way it says on the research tab

Flag Post

Range extension is required to fulfill the 220% damage, otherwise it only goes to 150% (thats what i got from the techs), besides balls are always supposed to stay on min range anyway, missiles are nice but against a nano frigate with absurd agi it wont do shi*.
And i believe the ship based weapons intercepting other weapons (missile and other sbw) have a 20% chance according to the swarm tech.

Flag Post

if you can READ the wiki it says only ballistics cant be intercepted its silly how you think dirctionals are all space lasers, lasers arn’t bombs also they cant be blocked its in attack part of page in dirctionals

From that wiki you so love but can’t read yourself.

Directional Weapons are good mid ranged weapons with mid damage and low He3 usage. They can eventually be upgraded to do piercing damage, hitting all ships in a row.

Shooting Range: 2 – 5 (2 – 6 with research)
Packing Round: 1
Attack power in a round: Low – Mid
He3 Consumption: Low
Attribute: Magnetic/Heat
Piercing Damage(researched): All enemies in the same vertical row as the target will suffer some damage.
Cannot be blocked <————

If directionals can be intercepted or blocked, please tell me what item does it. Missile interceptions? Anti-Air guns? XD get yo shit straight.
Also where on the wiki? link or quote or bullshittle.

And its other way round dasts 220% at min

Flag Post

ok i just prefer ballistics cause i can attack (every turn) they dont take as much room considered to all the other kinds of wepions. they also have scatter and piercing, piercing dont do much different, scatter though attacks all the ships in horizontal row which i consider very useful cause i can get rid of front faster even though the attack is low i can just use more. the attack range is only 1-2 but it can be upgraded to 1-4 or i can increase the speed of the ships and make a new fleet with those “dont happen often”.
they are kinetic and heat wepions. they can’t be blocked or intercepted.
ps. if you reread that last one it says i changed it from new info last night so maby you should chill

Flag Post

Maybe you should learn to spell?

Flag Post

ok i just prefer ballistics cause i can attack (every turn) they dont take as much room considered to all the other kinds of wepions. they also have scatter and piercing, piercing dont do much different, scatter though attacks all the ships in horizontal row which i consider very useful cause i can get rid of front faster even though the attack is low i can just use more. the attack range is only 1-2 but it can be upgraded to 1-4 or i can increase the speed of the ships and make a new fleet with those “dont happen often”.
they are kinetic and heat wepions. they can’t be blocked or intercepted.
ps. if you reread that last one it says i changed it from new info last night so maby you should chill

well yeah you have some points there, still as i said on my previous post you dont need the range upgrade since you will want to attack at minimum range when you get victory rush.

Directional weapons are better because you won’t face magnetic resistant enemies so often, also directional with pierce it’s a great option to take on fleets that have a front row of tanks and 6 stacks in the back with glass cannons because pierce will hit the tanks for a huge amount of damage and a part of it will be inflicted on the glass cannons killing them most of the time, whereas with ballistics you would have a greater chance of getting killed since you are stuck attacking the front row every turn but the tanks will keep eating the damage while the glass cannons will take you out.

So for begginers i would go with directional im a begginer too and im not doing too bad still thats only my opinion.

Flag Post

you actually need the range exension to get the full 220%. Read the tech again

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconlazurus:

quite true and it has to be maxed out, oh and sorry for misspelled words

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconlazurus:

quite true and it has to be maxed out, oh and sorry for misspelled words

Apologies to people here, wiki says with tech deals most damage at close range, but you still need range to get the 220%, techs worded badly XD. Sorry again.
http://galaxyonlineii.wikia.com/wiki/Ballistics_Science#Victory_Rush

Flag Post

Oh okay this was my mistake, i mean you will not want to fire at 4 range so its useless to have the option, but i didnt mean that is not needed as a prerequisite sorry im not too good at English yet xD. Yeah the range upgrade is needed but at least i wouldn’t fire at 4 range if i can fire for way more damage at 1 even if it means that my ballistic fleets will need more engines.

Flag Post

miki you still could use it just very rarly

Flag Post

Since ballistics fire every round, the extra range is always useful as it will allow you to attack when you otherwise would not be able to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RiverCocytus:

Since ballistics fire every round, the extra range is always useful as it will allow you to attack when you otherwise would not be able to.

Balls that fire every round are good but dierectional gains range depending on how hard everything is.