New Weapons System in Dungeon Rampage!

28 posts

Flag Post

Hi everyone,

New weapons have arrived in today’s update!

+ Your existing weapons are now “Vintage” weapons. You’ll be able to keep and use them, (unless you choose to sell them), but they are collector’s items and won’t be found in chests or sold in the Shop.
+ Weapons are randomly generated and can have up to 3 modifiers. Modifiers change the way the weapon behaves, often making it even more badass than any before! Modifiers can make weapons faster, more powerful, cost less mana, do more critical hits, and more. There are endless possible combinations of modifiers!
+ Some attacks, like Shockwave, behave differently, but with modifiers can be more powerful than the original.
+ Weapons have “Tap” and “Hold” functions. “Tapping” the key for that weapon performs the Tap attack. Some weapons will also have Scaling – so you can charge up an attack only partway before triggering it for less damage. Holding it down for a longer period performs the most powerful attack. New types of Holds are coming in a later update!
+ Some special attacks and other items now have cooldowns, so you’ll have to wait before you can trigger them again. Look for items with the “Snappy” modifier if you want to use special attacks more often.
+ Rare chests are now found in the game!
+ The Shop’s Loot tab now sells a few randomly selected weapons every day. The Shop updates its Loot inventory every 24 hours and has a countdown clock so you know when to look for new items.
+ The price of Storage has been reduced, so you can more easily buy storage for more chests while you wait to open them.

Thanks for playing Dungeon Rampage and we look forward to your feedback about the new weapons!

-The DR Team

Flag Post

sounds pretty cool but cash shop is ridiculously high!

Flag Post

ok, this is garbage.

My old weapon had a huge increase in power, excellent, thank you.

I do the last level in grindhouse. Each arrow is doing over double the damage from before the update, excellent. Oh wait, one catch…..

It still takes the same number of hits to kill an enemy. Increasing the power while you equally increase the health of the enemies is a scam. Fix it.

Flag Post

my weapon no longer really works. each swing takes up mana. one swing uses all my mana so i have to rest to use it again.

Flag Post

healing scroll takes way more mana now. like triple from before. Bull.

Freeze on both my bow and weapon no longer work. Bull.

Please Fix it.

Flag Post

healing is way weaker now too

Flag Post

new system makes no sense at all
when I swing my weapon, I get one of two things:
1. cooldown period to use skill
2. no mana

In other words, I can’t fight at all. The automatic use of skills screws up my guy since i didnt put any training into mana. The weapon upgrade is ruining my character and presumably others.

Flag Post

my max mana is way lower. My speed is useless, the same monsters now run me down in no time, before the update i was faster due to my level ups. Monsters that i killed with my bow in the last level in 8 hits, now take 16-24 hits per kill.

Flag Post

teleporting wizards now shoot you no matter how much damage you do to them. Monsters are still way too much harder now. I feel like my archer is level 10 instead of level 55. This hurts.

Flag Post

This is pointless.. the fire rate on vampire hunter is so horrible now compare to what it was. Plus, no bouncing arrows, stronger enemies, weaker damage, this is pointless.

Flag Post

I have a charge ability described as “Fire 5 crossbow bolts in rapid succession while dashing away! Great for escaping!”… too bad there is no dash. Also it would have been nice to get a free respec since you decided to change the trees up. And quoting juandiego13’s comment on the vampire hunters reduced rate of fire, I agree completely. You have potential to make this game so much better, but now it feels like it should still be in beta.

Flag Post

what the heck… food no longer heals mana now??? what is use of my chef then?

Flag Post

Okay… new morning, and I took a deep breath. Normally I’m not one to vent about games and I apologize to the developers.

I understand it’s just a game, and games change. I’ll adapt and get used to the new items and the game play.

There is still great potential for the game and I’m interested to see how things go from here.

Flag Post

hamer weapon dont have tap (normal atack) tap=hold, so i can use only 1 atack for mana

Flag Post

Thanks Juan. We do play the game, and are gamers ourselves so we understand how frustrating it can be when stuff changes. Have you tried any of the new weapons yet – even the ones from Common chests?

The design guys are working on a good solution. The biggest problem we had was that the “old” weapons didn’t fit into the new system very well since there were no modifiers or cooldowns before. So they had to try to make everything work together. The newer weapons, especially with modifiers, have the potential to be massively better if you get the combinations you’re looking for.

They’re still tweaking balance so the more feedback we get, and the more specific, the better. We did run a public playtest on Facebook (we have a separate playtest server there) and if you’re coming in and playing with the new weapons as a new player, it feels pretty good. If you’re used to playing with the way the weapons previously worked where you were massively OP it doesn’t feel the same at all. They’re figuring out how to bring that feel back while still working within the new system.

Really appreciate the thoughful feedback, everyone!

Flag Post

New weapon sucks, got hammer, sold old one and what i can see? New use skill all time and use my mana really fast, can’t fight now .

Flag Post

I have the same problem as SteelMike.

My beserker only has a hammer as a main weapon, which lasts me about… three or four clicks before all my mana runs out and I have to wait 20 seconds to launch another attack.

Flag Post

Here’s the problems i have with the new update.

- Stuff take at least 3x(if not more) the hits to kill now. Really bad for ranged class with no defence as they get overrun. I used to able to kill a 3 pull with no cc before they got to me. Now i cant even kill one of them before i get totally surrounded .

- Mana cost are way to high now(or my mana pool got reduced to next to nothing, either way). I get 4 heals off with full mana now instead of the 15+ i used to be able to cast. My chain lightning spell also use alot more mana and I need those stun more than ever since the mobs have so many more hps than before.

- High level gear now sell for next to nothing. Use to be getting between 500 and 2k back from the gear i got in chest, now you get some 1xx. The game was already enough grindy before but the gold you got back from common chest at higher level made it bearable. Now it’s just plain stupid.

I’m having 0 fun playing this game as it is right now. Enjoy your 1/5 rating for the dick move that this update was.

Flag Post

Hi guys,

Thanks again for the feedback.

We’re updating the game later today and will be reducing mana cost on vintage weapons, and our designers are figuring out the best way to deal with the hammer cooldowns (all hammers in the game have cooldowns now – that was intended, but you can definitely get into a state where you have a combination of weapons that make it difficult to play).

We’ll post release notes in a little bit!

Flag Post

I will agree with several of what tlo_seigi said, however a bit more understanding with development of games. Is this a choice made by the Co’s or the dev’s? i know several of the old items are mana hogs atm, their damage is low, and i dont understand this “weak” thing when hitting stuff and it taken a long time to down, the system just needs up-to-date on all items.

I enjoy the game and I will have several others join as well, as long as you guys keep the players up-to-date on patches and will take player feedback into play the game should do very well.

Good luck, and as an idea maybe do some contests of player submitted skins or something.

Flag Post

Anyone please can tell me why there are different price of chest key in each account?

Flag Post

This is silly, only recently started playing this game as a zerker. The beginning weapons I had were great, a low power no mana cost swing with a mana costing special attack. Now all the weapons I have (except the old ones) cost mana to just use so I get like four swings and then I am dead with no mana. For the life of riley why on earth does a non-mana driven class being made so reliant on the one stat they shouldn’t really have much of!!! Saviong up that 20k for a rare key was a real waste of time.

Solution: Give ALL zerker weapons a primary no mana attack and if they are ‘special’ enough a mana driven secondary attack. I am having to run around with the crappy axe I got at level 6 when I am level 25…..stoopid update.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorock:

sounds pretty cool but cash shop is ridiculously high!

This game is bloody money-sucking . Pro tips: Leave now if you don’t plan to spend tons of real cash in it.

Flag Post

Obviously Thorock and AzurePizza, you need to farm the Gauntlet levEl, then the Papa Yeti. YOu get heaps of Exp and MOney from them.

It’s a grind heavy game. Give it a chance

Flag Post

… so I walk into a very difficult dungeon, manage to take down 3 enemies I’m weak against but now have no health. Then 2 other people, different classes join. I know the difficulty has gone up too. We attack a group of 12 enemies, I die but we just survive, we heal up + continue. Next a boss type and 25 enemies, we are all dead but we use use 10 health bombs to scramble through. Ah! 4th person joins us, different class but now I sigh! I’m not happy they joined. As expected, the very same group of enemies as before and I’m useless, I can’t kill 1 enemy before I’m dead, the whole teams down, health pots useless. Somehow we catch a break, probably from the damages they took from 30 health bombs cause my berserk didn’t hurt them. Finally 5 bosses + lots of friends …