Forums Dino Storm

Earning Money

21 posts

Flag Post

Money is earned entirely by loot drops. There is no monetary reward for quest completion. Smilodon genocide seems to be the best way to make any money at this point in the game but has anyone else found a better way to reach the hundreds of thousands of dollars needed for the better dinos?

Flag Post

if ur my lvl (10) u can go and farm the triceritops (lvl9) in the goldfields and ive made over 1100 dds once after about 10-30min of grinding

Flag Post

great to know. where abouts are the triceritops?

Flag Post

um cant really say tbh but theres a claim west a very little bit north though just explore the goldfields on the western side and youll find them

Flag Post

thanks. just ran into them tonight! hope the payout is as good as you claim =)

Flag Post

verified: i made about 6k in an hour or so from all the drops. best money maker i’ve seen so far and i’m lvl 10

Flag Post

The location in Gold fields is 25/35.
Keep in mind the diminishing returns if you seel a lot of the same item. Those are permanent. Thus, switching farms once in a while is necessary (never going back to farms that you’ve milked too much). Generally It seems Smilodon (extremely low HP) > Ceratosaur (varied and frequent drops, slow diminishing) > Entelodon (low HP, but lower drop chance than Smilodon) > most other Dinosaurs for farming.

I remember that the farms I used were Smilodons of levels 3 (Dinoville), 6, 8, 11, 13 (all Mokon Woods) adn Ceratos lvl 9 (Gold fields, thanks to this thread).

Flag Post

because of the drops in cash giving for the triceritops items i have gone to mokon woods and grinded on a secret area of smilodons all items giving over 100 dds

Flag Post
Originally posted by Egalisator:

The location in Gold fields is 25/35.
Keep in mind the diminishing returns if you seel a lot of the same item. Those are permanent. Thus, switching farms once in a while is necessary (never going back to farms that you’ve milked too much). Generally It seems Smilodon (extremely low HP) > Ceratosaur (varied and frequent drops, slow diminishing) > Entelodon (low HP, but lower drop chance than Smilodon) > most other Dinosaurs for farming.

I remember that the farms I used were Smilodons of levels 3 (Dinoville), 6, 8, 11, 13 (all Mokon Woods) adn Ceratos lvl 9 (Gold fields, thanks to this thread).

Hello egalisator, I’m a new player, playing through the main client rather than kong, just wondering, what is the diminishing returns in your post referring to? Does it refer to lower drop rate or lower selling price? And what did you mean by “Those are permanent”? Also how often would you recommend switching farms to avoid this diminishing returns.

Much thanks, ephyra on America_1

Flag Post

Lower selling price and as far as I know it does not go back up again. At least not by waiting a few hours or transitioning areas and trying again. Maybe it does go back up after waiting days. Does not look like it though since I still only get 77 DD for an item I farmed two days ago that used to be 105 DD. I’d switch farms after selling about 5 stacks of an item they drop. So if they drop 3 different items like those Ceratos, you can farm longer.

Flag Post

do ya know any other farms than the centros or the smilodons. please. i need the dino dollars

Flag Post

eh u can try paras but low drop chance but very good items they drop

Flag Post

no. they suck

Flag Post

right now the best farms are any level smilodon and the centros in the gold fields.

I have noticed a roughly 10% reduction in price per stack of loot i sell. A stack that sold for 800 will sell for 720 the next time you sell a stack of the same item. So, if you have 3 stacks of rib bones and you sell them all back to back you’ll earn less and less per stack sold. Example: stack 1 = 800, stack 2 = 720, stack 3 = 640. This hurts a lot and you’ll feel it too shortly. Also, the price reduction is SERVER WIDE meaning that as other people sell those same items the price will continue to drop. I do not know what is stopping the price form falling so low as to make them worthless but it’s apparently heading in that direction as more and more people learn of where to farm.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LoganThomas:

right now the best farms are any level smilodon and the centros in the gold fields.

I have noticed a roughly 10% reduction in price per stack of loot i sell. A stack that sold for 800 will sell for 720 the next time you sell a stack of the same item. So, if you have 3 stacks of rib bones and you sell them all back to back you’ll earn less and less per stack sold. Example: stack 1 = 800, stack 2 = 720, stack 3 = 640. This hurts a lot and you’ll feel it too shortly. Also, the price reduction is SERVER WIDE meaning that as other people sell those same items the price will continue to drop. I do not know what is stopping the price form falling so low as to make them worthless but it’s apparently heading in that direction as more and more people learn of where to farm.

well……the people who create the game wants people to use real life money to play the game so they most probably uses such a method.

whether it will work in long term or not it depends on them.

Flag Post

well……the people who create the game wants people to use real life money to play the game so they most probably uses such a method.

whether it will work in long term or not it depends on them.

it might work overtimebut im gonna be one that just grinds and gets the money no matter how much i get

Flag Post

So what, you will spend 100 hours killing the same enemies in a game to save about $25? Or you could work 3 hours at minimum wage in real life for it. Just saying, option B seems to be a lot smarter.

Flag Post

um i rather spend the 100hours so then i dont waste any money i could spend on something better >→

Flag Post

Hey..kong is for free games..we all know that. If they want to add a payment option, its their choice. Weather we choose to take the easy way or not is ours.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Egalisator:

So what, you will spend 100 hours killing the same enemies in a game to save about $25? Or you could work 3 hours at minimum wage in real life for it. Just saying, option B seems to be a lot smarter.

Originally posted by fourarms3:

um i rather spend the 100hours so then i dont waste any money i could spend on something better >→

you know you could just use those advertisement things and get the kreds needed for the coins. I say they lower the cost of dino’s and gun’s depending on which one it is. ex:coelo’s price is perfect. Carno? lower it just a bit. the rest idc.

Flag Post

the free kreds thing? ive done all of them that i can do and are easy :< and i used those i got on tdp4:(