Forums Dino Storm

Discussion - Colt VS Hammer

7 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys, i got both guns
But colt.. compering to the hammer.. is a lot weaker….
i got colt level 8 and hammer level 9
it takes 2x time to kill the same creatures with the colt…

yeah ok.. colt is fast shooting low dmg.. hammer is high dmg slow shooting..
but still there is a huge diffrences between those two guns..

*EDIT: qoute from their forum*

Devs. have said that the damage output of the colt is only 50% of what it should be, and they are gonna dig into the issue this week.

Flag Post

i like the colt because the flame can ACTUALLY be used more than once in a fight, because you don’t have to run a certain distance away to use the rocket.

Flag Post

Once you upgrade enough to get Hammers second (close range) special that is no longer an issue. For now the fire rate tech is useless for the same reason as Colt: The stat does nothing.

It could be that Colt becomes slightly better than Hammer after that is fixed because Colts secondary effects (burning damage is better than armor piercing for the close range special that is used the most) are less awful. However that is a small difference, since dinosaur skills tend to just be better while you have a full power bar (Coelo stun jump, for example) so if you already invested a lot of Gun Tool Kits into your Hammer switchig woulkd probably do more harm than good.

Switching to Peacemaker once you unlock it is another story since that’s a long range gun and useful with a fast dinosaur (Pachy, Coelo) for kiting. However by that time your Hammer would be at level 14 already and it would waste massive amounts of GTK.

Flag Post

So far I only know about the skills of the colt doing only 50% of the damage they should I don’t know anything about the weapon base damage doing only 50%.

Flag Post

my colt shoots probably 4 times a second, and hits maybe 1 out of those 4 times.

Flag Post

I agree with the issue of damages, is too little, has a good cadence, but can not be compared against the harm caused by the Hammer.
I imagine that him should 50% of the real damage, that would explain alot.

Flag Post

hi , yes the hammer has more damage than the colt but its slower . i love the hammer because it has a higher distance shot and more strenght or the damage that causes to its targets. http://dino-storm.wikia.com/wiki/Dino_Storm_Wiki , http://dinostorm.com/es/ this to pages will give you info about the characteristiscs of the weapons and dinos , i prefer the first one because it gives you the abilities and characteristics in each level.