Any point in finding new gear ?

8 posts

Flag Post

Currently i’m playing as a rogue , i’m at Felbridge right now and i’m really disappointed with the game equipment’s.
The sword i’m using on my main hand is one of the sword from the first area of the game , so far i’ve grinded and found a lot of other swords through other stages and dungeons , but i could never find anything better than this lvl 1 sword.
Seems like all equipment’s share the same stats , pretty lame for such a good game.

Flag Post

Actually, every single piece of gear in unique. They all have different powers, procs, magic bonuses, and stat affinities. Our goal was to make finding new gear always add a new option to your arsenal, rather than make old gear obsolete. If the choices aren’t compelling enough, we need to work on them, but that was our intent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tyveris:

Actually, every single piece of gear in unique. They all have different powers, procs, magic bonuses, and stat affinities. Our goal was to make finding new gear always add a new option to your arsenal, rather than make old gear obsolete. If the choices aren’t compelling enough, we need to work on them, but that was our intent.

I see , i understand your point , it’s a good idea actually , but i think some weapons and armors are already obsolete by standard.
For instance , the weapon i’m using is the Illyric Saber basically because of relic hunting and high str stats affinities. Illyric Saber Skill is Triple Strike and it does extra damage to undead.
So far i was able to find a single better main hand weapon for rogue , i’m through Felbridge now , and i’ve collected almost all drops from Wolf’s End and Black Rose Mire.
In my opinion only weapons that have 10% craft and item drop are worthy , because the gold items from vendors are garbage compared with what you can get from loot , and the only real usage for gold is the trainers , so if you end up farming for loot or craft you automatically have money for trainers. Triple strike is a standard skill and i didn’t found any skill largely superior for a main hand weapon. Not to mention that Illyric Saber strength status affinity is very high compared to any other weapon you can find through black rose and wolf end.
The only sad thing is that i have to stay with Illyric Saber cosmetic while i have better and more cool weapon cosmetics , so to other players looking at me it seems i’m still using the first stage weapons because i’m a noob _" , regardless that i’ve almost all drops and stuff.

And i keep wondering if i’ll ever find a better sword ….

Flag Post

New gear isn’t unique actually, “looter’s shoes” and “buccaneer’s boots” are axactly the same apart from the visual change. (4-6-6 with Relic hunting)

Flag Post

@Karyuudan, One of our plans is to allow you to customize those runes so that you aren’t stuck with the one art/bonus combo. We’ll keep an eye on the different abilities, and if some are under utilized maybe give them a buff or extra status effect. Advanced classes might also make different weapons more appealing (when they get here).

@Azgara, Sorry that is correct. There are overlaps in the non-ability pieces of gear, but we just don’t have enough combinations to cover them at the moment.

Flag Post

I hope you really can change the current equipment’s standard.
I know you don not want to make old gear obsolete, but most weapons and armors are already obsolete by standard.
For mages, we dont want a staff with Warlord rune, even balanced rune, we only want Wizardry. So all the staff without Wizardry are just garbage. And for Paladin, only Warlord and Armory are useful.
And then, craft and item drop are worthy.
I guess if the properties(Warlord or Wizardry, Item find or Gold find, etc) are random for every drop, then it would be more fun.

Also one more thing, every dungeon’s level = player’s lv, needs to be changed as well.
I’ll give an advice:
Dungeon XXX: level 10-15
If player’s lv is between 10 and 15, then the dungeon’s lv=player’s lv.
If player’s lv<10(eg. lv=8), then dungeon’s lv=10, player’s level is still 8, but get less exp. Same for lv>15.
But if the level difference >5 (eg. player’s lv=3 or lv=30, then player’s lv=5 , dungeonLV=10, or playerLV=20, dungeonLV=15). Also for party members.

Flag Post

Your best bet is to look at the gear list, decide what you want, and look specifically for that one piece. [and ignore the rest]

I only play mage, but it’s pretty clear that some abilities are preferred over others. Just about everyone is running hail storm, making 2/3rds of the robes worthless to us. Actually, more and more I’m running into mages wearing the exact same gear as me. I know of several people with the same robe/staff/glove combo and I expect to see more. The word’s pretty much out on what the best gear is and where to find it.

Flag Post

I made a website with search of gear by name or runes