Exploits And Suckishneses With The Game

10 posts

Flag Post

1) Ooyak, stand on the edge of the platform on the way to battle him, but just shoot down a range and the battle starts, but since you’re at a high vantage point, you just spam range attacks on him and BOOM, easy as pie.
2) I hate this one, one time, when I fought the Craveg or Craven guy at Cemetery Hill with someone, when he died and I was battling the Craven guy, he went to the starting area and healed quite alot, even though I was fighting him still, it registered my friend as “single” (lol thats what she said) and let the boss go to his starting point to regenerate alot of health.
3) Parties are deleted when you exit. So annoying. Guilds do exist, but I want easy insta-create groups to stick around until you quit.
More to come!

Flag Post

1)Ooyak is easy as heck without your “trick”, even in dread mode.

2)If you or any of your party in a boss fight dies, the boss automatically regenerates to full health.

3)Parties are temporary, guilds are more permanent. Parties are like, “Hey, I’m going to battle some dungeon, I’m a rogue or something and I want a pala to help me heal or a mage for the Hail Storm that can control mobs easily. So I’ll just spam invites to the nearest 5 people next to the dungeon and of a decent level.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

1)Ooyak is easy as heck without your “trick”, even in dread mode.

2)If you or any of your party in a boss fight dies, the boss automatically regenerates to full health.

3)Parties are temporary, guilds are more permanent. Parties are like, “Hey, I’m going to battle some dungeon, I’m a rogue or something and I want a pala to help me heal or a mage for the Hail Storm that can control mobs easily. So I’ll just spam invites to the nearest 5 people next to the dungeon and of a decent level.”

Well Mr. Helltank, for 1#, not everyone who plays the game is a complete boss. There’s some noobs in this game you know. 2#, in my opinion, that’s not fair. It’s like getting this guy to follow you only to die, get some loot, get some exp, and then die and make the boss get tons of health. For #3, sometimes I find people who seem reliable, but don’t want to join a guild. And don’t say “well then try harder” because I have no 4-leaf clovers.

Flag Post

Actually, a boss only regenerates health if you 1: leave it alone for a while 2: Everyone on your team dies – not just one of you or 3: you lure it off the Boss area and it respawns.

I am not in a guild, but I have parties with those on my friends list. We are respectful of each other and take it in turns to do our dungeons. That way, we learn each others styles and work together better. I’m not saying this isn’t possible in a guild, I’m sure it is, but it is not exclusive to them. There are, of course, people who invite you or add as a friend purely to be selfish and get you to help them or just for a laugh. I go along with the just far a laugh and ignore the selfish – everyone (except the selfish) is happy!

Sorry if I sound preachy – I don’t mean to!

Flag Post

Sorry, got caught up and forgot the original post. In my experience Parties stay together until you are kicked or everyone leaves. Even if someone exits the game they stay in the party with (offline) below thir avatar. I’m assuming this is to protect against crashes or temporary internet loss etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marak:

Actually, a boss only regenerates health if you 1: leave it alone for a while 2: Everyone on your team dies – not just one of you or 3: you lure it off the Boss area and it respawns.

I am not in a guild, but I have parties with those on my friends list. We are respectful of each other and take it in turns to do our dungeons. That way, we learn each others styles and work together better. I’m not saying this isn’t possible in a guild, I’m sure it is, but it is not exclusive to them. There are, of course, people who invite you or add as a friend purely to be selfish and get you to help them or just for a laugh. I go along with the just far a laugh and ignore the selfish – everyone (except the selfish) is happy!

Sorry if I sound preachy – I don’t mean to!

Well, one person died on my team while I was fighting the boss, and the boss decided to say “Oh look, that guy died, so I guess no one is fighting anymore.” And he goes off out of my reach and gets alot of health back.

Flag Post

1)I have never experienced bosses regenerating health if I leave it alone for a while.

2)If it goes away from the boss area and respawns, it does not regen health. Its health bar is back to full, but if you hit it one time it will go back to what it originally was.

Flag Post

I’m only talking from experience here, but I’m sure someone who actually knows how the game works would be able to stall misunderstandings.

If a boss respawns, and regenerates it’s health as far as I understand it, it may occasionally loose it again after a hit if there are some lag issues to do with miss read hits etc.

However, I have played in many dungeons where either myself or the team have lured the boss away and it has respawned with full health. It has not lost this health after further hits save that it has taken damage as normal.

Josh, were you outside of the boss area when you were fighting? Did it diassappear or walk away from you? It’s also possible you died but picked up a health ball, this still counts as dying, so the boss would regenerate.
Again, all I’m trying to do is explain what might have happened according to the game as I have experienced it, if anyone actually knows the game mechanics regarding this, do clarify for us!

Flag Post

~ Bosses recover full health only when everyone in party die. It will keep attacking if someone still alive
~ Bosses also recover full health when the aggroed member walk way out of its zone
~ Some bosses can heal themselves, I believe there are less than 5 with healing skill
~ Some bosses get healed by their minions, many bosses have these.
~ After the cutscene the boss WILL attack you, u cant leave it alone. But once party is wiped and revived, you may be able to leave the boss alone in some maps, and kill the minions first. There is no way to leave a boss alone during the fight, unless party is wiped, as stated.
~ Boss health dont go back to how it was, thats just the display bug, sometimes you see fullbar because you walk out of boss zone while you party is fighting it. So only you see wrong display of full health, while your party actually see a depleting bar because they’re fighing.

Flag Post

Bosses recover full health if left alone i.e. walking out of it’s area so it turns back – I just tested it.
There is a display bug where the health appears full for a second, then reverts to where it was and if it has been left alone – w/o attacking – regenerates, however – and I have only experienced this in dread, playing with a team – if a boss is drawn far enough away that instead of walking back, it ‘glitches’ back, it will recover full health.

I’ll be honest, when I asked if someone knew how the game worked, i meant a dev – like Tyveris.