Efficient Resource Farming

38 posts

Flag Post

I’ve had a lot of people ask me where the best place to farm resources is and the answer I keep giving is that it is less about where and more about how. Where is highly dependent on your level but as long as you can survive the fight this way works for all of them.

First, we’re going to want to use Adventurers as they have an attack called Scavenge that causes all resources gained from that attack to be doubled, tripled for the second rank. Having your party be three Adventurers is the best way to maximize resource gain.

Enemies drop resources from two type of things. They have a value they drop every time they take a hit, no matter how weak the hit is. They also have resources they drop when the hit is the one that kills them. If you manage to kill a creature in a single hit you will only get the kill resources.

So the idea is to do as many small attacks as possible to force the enemies to give up the most amount of resources. This can be done by equipping your Adventurers with weak weapons but while this works it boosts the resources from hits. For monsters like Fault who drop 2 Metal a hit but 5 on a Kill it does not work as well.

What works better is to take those Adventurers and level them as Archers so they gain the ability Ricochet at Level 8. Ricochet hits the main target then chooses another target and hits them with a smaller damage attack. There is also a second rank of Ricochet at Archer Level 22 that adds a third attack. This also has the added benefit of causing higher damage with less food use.

Here are numbers that help highlight the differences. All tests were done on Ironbound 1 with three Adventurers.

With Scavenger alone:
2550 Wood, 444 Metal with 94 food usage. Adjusted for food usage it is 2207 Wood, 176 Metal.

With Scavenger and Ricochet:
2700 Wood, 762 Metal with 72 food usage. Adjusted for food usage it is 2438 Wood, 557 Metal.

Now as my Scavenger give triple resources we can adjust these for attacking without Scavenger on leaving us with 557 Wood, -120 Metal and 638 Wood, 49 Metal respectively.

With less food usage that also means less attacks needed which means you finish the level faster, increasing the number of attempts you can get in in the same amount of time.

tl;dr
Use a party of three Adventurers with Ricochet (Archer ability) and Scavenge.

Flag Post

Wonderful advice, say thankya stranger.

Flag Post

But isn’t food consumed every time you attack? Wouldn’t you want to kill your enemies in one shot?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Differ:

But isn’t food consumed every time you attack? Wouldn’t you want to kill your enemies in one shot?

yes its beter that way. you wast less muffens. just yous mine and lodging.

Flag Post

He accounts for the price of the food

Flag Post

if you are going for their death loot than yes but this is for resources. By using ricochet you can get more resources then you use.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hydrocow:

if you are going for their death loot than yes but this is for resources. By using ricochet you can get more resources then you use.

The goal isn’t resources per monster; the goal is resources per time. The ideal balance ought to depend on how quickly you can move through screens.

Flag Post

He’s going for resources per attack. IMO, Scaver with Rico and a Mage + w/e you want (I use a cleric, but another Mage or Scaver would work) is best for farming since sometimes you run into groups for 6(1×6 > 2×2)

Edit He probably meant higher level farming with the 2nd rank of ricochet so… yeah, that sounds like the best way to farm higher up. My comment is more lower-mid level farming

Flag Post

wouldn’t 3 wizards with best armor you can get for them and no weapons for lots of attacks be best? or 2 wizards and a cleric?

Flag Post
Originally posted by svnhddbst:

wouldn’t 3 wizards with best armor you can get for them and no weapons for lots of attacks be best? or 2 wizards and a cleric?

that would work well for places that have 6 monsters or lover level players but the scavenge II + ricochet II would give you 9 (3 hits x 3 resource gain) attacks worth of resources per attack instead of 6 and can be done in less crowded areas. if you can’ use ricochet II then the wizard method would be preferred in areas with 5 or more enemies and once a few die switch to adventures.

Flag Post

The room switching time is very significant, so you actually want small attacks. But what is the point of equipping a weapon at all?

Flag Post

unequipping your weapon…not a bad idea

Flag Post

Depends what you want to do. No weapon will get more resources per enemy, but will cost more food per as well. And since the killing blow usually produces more of the resource, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Flag Post

Starting a room with a cleric applying haste to the first two adventurers speeds things up by a bit.

Flag Post

If you want to farm Metal below level 20 you can use “Ironbound Ruins” as well. I get about 320 Metal for each run with Scavenger II and Ricochet I.
Simply don’t complete the quest and you can go there as often as you like.

Flag Post

Since Ricochet II has now been nerfed, now it only hits 1 additional enemy instead of 2. So we need to rethink all those calculations.
Since the nerf, I have found that farming isn’t profitable for me anymore, especially since I now have lvl 24 heroes that need a loaf (360 metal!) to feed. I’m not saying the profit is zero, but it’s so tedious it isn’t worth it anymore. So now I rely only on mines for resources.
Perhaps switch to wizards with extremely low attack and insanely high attack speed (savant set) on floors with 6 enemies.

Flag Post

Loaf = 460+360 = 820 resources

820 resources = 42foodx3 = 126food

So, for farming to be break even, each hit must generate at least 820/126 = 6.5 resources.

Before the richochet nerf, adventurers in good farm areas tended to generate a minimum of:
18 res (3targets x 3scavenge bonus x 2onhit res) – 45 res (3targets x 3scavenge bonus x 5ondeath resources)
Considering food costs at lvl 24, before the richochet nerf, the food cost penalty on your resources was probably approximately 20-30%.

After richochet nerf, adventurers in good farm areas tend to generate a minimum of
12 res (min) – 30 res (max)
Considering food costs at lvl 24, the food cost penalty on your resources is probably somewhere between 30-50%.

Also, even you consider wizards as always attacking 6 enemies, they can never do better in resource generation than adventurers with nerfed richotet. (2 targets x 3 scavengeII bonus) So shelf the idea.

Flag Post

You could always just farm for a bit on your high lvl scavangers and when they run out of food change them to lvl 1 toons, eat some lvl 6 food and switch them back to farm again. That saves a bit for me.

Flag Post

@kaboomba : My point about wizards was about having heroes with extremely low attack. This way they would do very low damage to every enemy. The point here is keeping the enemies alive for a long time. True, it doesn’t increase the profit margin like you said (I was completely aware of that), but it may be a way to make farming more convenient by automatizing the process.
What I found most annoying by farming with adventurers is the fact that you had to babysit them while they farmed. With wizards you could say “attack the 6 heavy sweepers”, go do something else, and restart the same thing 2 minutes later.

I’m sure that some geek will come up with an idea of an autoclicker or some similar program to repeat indefinitely the same actions and automatize the farming process completely. It’s just too tedious to make a human do it over and over ;)

Flag Post

I have two level 18 Adventurers and I find that Ironbound 1 takes too long.
What I do is:

• Lower the quality before I start the game (right click at loading screen with Nexon icon) to decrease lag (I use my phone’s horrible wifi tether so this helps me farm a lot faster lol)
  • Go to floor 6 with 1 of my Adventurers (I don’t like to use Ricochet even though I understand it increases the amount of resource gain; that’s just a personal preference)
  • When they hit the Starving point, I go back to town, switch them to a level 6- character and feed them a Croissant (it gets annoying but lowers resource loss since they’re way cheaper than Pretzels)

Results: Each run takes me a little bit over 1 minute to complete and gives me around 400+ Wood (I don’t know how much Metal I get since mine is always full; I’m still working on increasing Storage space)

Sometimes I get lazy and buy Pretzels instead of Croissants so after every few runs, I’ll go make those and only have about 100 Wood left from the previous run. It’s not much but it’s something and considering the quick results, I say it’s worth it.

If I had real internet, I’d probably be the one to create an auto-clicker to make farming less … tedious lol Anyway… once I reach level 24 I’ll try Ironbound again and see if that has better profit rates than floor 6 …I might also try the Wizard setup.

Flag Post

I read somwhere about farming level 7 for wood and i can confirm that its much better than other places listed here. With only 1 18 level adventurer in level 2 gear it is going very fast and ofc he doasnt eat much fighting alone and you dont need to train more farmers.

Flag Post

I hadn’t tried floor 7 again because the last time I did I lagged like crazy; but I did it again earlier and the run went well. I agree that it’s better than floor 6 as there are only 12 instead of 14 enemies, you end up with 100+ more Wood because the Sureshots give 60 each (10x more than Sweepers), and you get a bonus item from the chest. The run lasted about the same length of time though, since at the end I got shocked so I had to wait a little bit. I think I’ll be sticking to this one for a while.

Flag Post

makes sense stratfan

Flag Post

With floor 7, it took my 2 Lvl. 28 Sneaks 10 minutes and 6 seconds to run out of stamina and they grossed 6,105 wood in that time. An average of 610/min. My experience with IB1 was that 3 of my Sneaks would burn through stamina way too fast and adding in the time it took to change job-class, feed, and change back was a bit excessive.

Flag Post

I just started playing this game a couple days ago, but one trick ive found for harvesting specialty items for crafting, is to use the pickpocket skill on one of my scavengers and save his attack for the last hit on gatekeeper on lvl 4. I know this thread was about resources but once i got 2 shining rubies this way, so i thought i might add this tip here to save a new thread.