Efficient Resource Farming page 2

38 posts

Flag Post

When you are talking about resources per hour switching to a level 1 to feed them and switching back isn’t the highest per hour gain. Mass feeding them lower tier food (1 doesn’t give full stam) is the highest resources per hour. If you are just going to grind a few levels then switching could be the best gain for you.

Hitting a Sweeper once:
1 wood per hit, 3 for a kill
But an Adventurer with Scavenger II will gain 3 wood per hit (another 3 wood if Ricochet hits) and 15 wood for a kill.

If you have 6 Sweepers, killing them in 3 hits (3 Adv one hitting two each) that is 90 wood for 3 actions or 30 wood per action. But leaving and redoing that same wave will not give you the highest resource gain per hour.

Flag Post

So…

Has anyone found a level/room that would be efficient for Metal Farming? It seems wood is SO much more prevalent than metal that it’s just ridiculous.

I’ve been using Floor 22 (just the first room), with 3 Faust, then 2 Faust/2 Jolter, all of whom drop decent metal (by no means a lot), but I’m just wondering if there’s something better out there…

Thanks much in advance for any input =)

Flag Post

if you are high leveled,try iron bound 3 only th first wave!!! it drops around 300 metal in a matter of seconds!!! so redoing the first wave only would give you more than 5000 metal per farming hour!!! have a grinny day!!! :D

Flag Post

This Ironbound 3 tip is the best I’ve come across for metal in the past few days. Many thanks!

Flag Post

I havent been able to reach Ironbound 3. For mid-level people like me, Tower Floor 17 is a fair place to farm iron. With 1 cleric, 2 adventurers (scavenge II, ricochet I, max armor, no weapon) one run nets me 900-1000 iron. It’s not the fastest run but its the best place I found that’s available to me.

Flag Post

HI everyone… I’m new in The Grinns tale game; I’ve been playing for about 2 weeks… I’ve been trying to find the best spot to farm metal because I need lots of it but my mines just gather about 7k/12 hours… so I’ve been looking for the perfect farming way and I think I found it!
It works for me, but you have to try it by yourself to prove the efficacy of the strategy…
I’m farming about 1k metal/ 7 minutes (in case I’m not lagged (my connection sucks))
I’m using in my party…
A Conqueror (knight) lvl 23, Sacrifice II/Life Steal II/Regen III – In the frontline obviously
An Adventurer lvl 15 (It supposed to be lvl 13 forever but it lvled up by mistake in a boss rush), Scavenge II/First Attack I/Ricochet I – Sally Cap, Scrapper Vest and Atlas Cape, UNARMED
A Shaman (cleric) lvl 23, Haste II/Regen III/Magic Up II
So, you have to reach floor 25, first stage, first wave… (Fault x2, Jolter x2)
(It works in Ironbound III, but there’s a high chance to get the entire party shocked so…)
Well, your knight is going to tank/heal the entire party… Sacrifice II converts more HP than the “sacrificed” so the knight can even heal himself (in case you didn’t know), the Shaman is going to use haste II again and again on everybody till max speed, finally the adventurer is going to kill the wave dealing 1 damage per hit (about 170 hits… what means you’re going to obtain about 12 metal per hit…170x12 it is going to take about 6-10 minutes per farm, but you’ll obtain about 1k metal.
And now, an important question… If I’m killing in about 170 hits/turns, I’m going to waste a lot of food too, what means losing a high % of the obtained resource, isn’t it? … In fact it is true, but I found a good alternative to feed my party members, who normally use Loaf that is expensive, so f… expensive… considering the fact that we need to save the metal for other stuff, the solution is simple, you have to use Croissants, you’ll need about 10 to fill the hunger gauge, but it just cost about 300 wood to create 10 and NO METAL, so indeed it is cheaper than loaf and you’ll get your belly full and most important you get the 100% of the farmed metal.
I hope my strategy will help you; in case you find a better one, please tell me, because I need lots and lots of metal. Quote me in case you have something important to say.

Flag Post

Sorry to tell you, but your farming tactic is really bad.
Although there might be good ways to farm with low dmg and many hits, im no fan of it and never used it, so im no expert about this farmin methode, but i can definetly tell you that using so much food for such a low ressource gain (8571 metall/h) is bad. Yes, you heard it right, this resource gain is very low.
I am using high lvl and high dmg adventurers to one hit the enemies in IB3 wave 1, when my adventurers are starving i switch their class to lvl 1 and feed them. Although the feeding costs much time you can probably double your ressource gain and significantly reduce the food costs.

Also there is the “dishoborable” ways to automate your farming process, which is saving you RL time and makes the farming process faster, because the pc can perform the actions faster than you. The fastest i know of is 20k metal per hour, but this information is some days old and may be outdated. I wont tell you who is doing this or how to do this, nut im pretty sure if you ask in chat someone will at least give you a usefull keyword.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laconfire:

Sorry to tell you, but your farming tactic is really bad.
Although there might be good ways to farm with low dmg and many hits, im no fan of it and never used it, so im no expert about this farmin methode, but i can definetly tell you that using so much food for such a low ressource gain (8571 metall/h) is bad. Yes, you heard it right, this resource gain is very low.
I am using high lvl and high dmg adventurers to one hit the enemies in IB3 wave 1, when my adventurers are starving i switch their class to lvl 1 and feed them. Although the feeding costs much time you can probably double your ressource gain and significantly reduce the food costs.

Also there is the “dishoborable” ways to automate your farming process, which is saving you RL time and makes the farming process faster, because the pc can perform the actions faster than you. The fastest i know of is 20k metal per hour, but this information is some days old and may be outdated. I wont tell you who is doing this or how to do this, nut im pretty sure if you ask in chat someone will at least give you a usefull keyword.

20k metal/hour seems really impressive. How much do you get farming in the normal way? The “best” I have found so far only gives around 6k metal/hour. Both IB3 first wave and full IB1 runs tield me about 6k metal/hour.

Flag Post

Did they nerf the amount of metal that Faults drop?

Flag Post

I’ve found repeating the first room of floor 13 works quite well to farm iron. I get about 15k iron per hour.

Flag Post

“I won’t tell you how” is the kind of crap you say if you are a liar making up stuff that doesn’t exist. I don’t believe that this “dishoborable” method exists.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TreeSlayer7:

“I won’t tell you how” is the kind of crap you say if you are a liar making up stuff that doesn’t exist. I don’t believe that this “dishoborable” method exists.

I can assure you that it can exist because I’ve played other games where it was relatively common. It involves using scripting and auto-clickers, and is against the terms of use for nearly all good games (scripting is not the problem, using scripts for computer automation is).

Flag Post

Efficient Metal Farming so far…
3X Lvl 24 Adventurers with Ruffian Set, scavenger II, first strike II n richocet.
Floor 22 Area 1
Wave 1 = 3 Faults, Wave 2 = 2 Jolter & 2 Faults
To clear area, 3 hits for wave 1, 4 hits for wave 2.
Wave 1 drops 4 metal, yield 15 wood & 15 metal when all dead (X3 to get 45 wood & 57 metal)
Wave 2 drops 6 metal, yield 30 wood & 12 metal when all dead (X3 to get 90 wood & 54 metal)
7 hits to clear area, total of hits available is 144 (3X48).
20 full clears & 4 hits left over.
20 clear = 2700 wood (135 X 20) & 2220 metals (111 X 20)
All hits used = 2775 wood & 2286 metals (clears wave 1 & kills 1 Jolter of wave 2 with 2 metal drop from richocet)
Food cost 440 wood & 260 metal makes 3 loaf, feed lvl 24 & below
Yield = 2320 wood & 2030 metal (48.6 wood & 42.2 metal per hit)
Cheap alternative = Muffin, 80 wood makes 3 croissonts, feed lvl 6 & below (56.1 n 47.6 per hit)
Either should be more efficient than their lvl 10 resource producer per hour if you can do at least 7X 144 hits in an hour

Floor 21 got 2 Faults.
1 hit kill 1 fault, 2nd hit kill next. 1st hit 5 wood 7 metal, 2nd hit 5 wood 5 metal.
Total 10 wood 12 metal with 2 hits. 144/2 = 72 = 720 wood & 864 metal = 2160 wood & 2592 metal.