Feeding the Grinns

18 posts

Flag Post

Can I only feed the Grinns when they are in battle? What about feeding them while they’re in town or something, so I can go into the tower well-fed before I battle?

Flag Post

personally i think this feeding thing should be abolished as a whole, its just annoying and has no real strategic value, it wastes your resources trying to get more food. but yeah i think you can only feed in battle

Flag Post

I agree. Feeding is stupid.

Flag Post

me too,there is no need for a feeding system!!! if they want for the bakery to remain,why not make it produce some potions that can be used on the enemies like softies of shock potions??? since the item shop produces only potions that can be used on your grinns i personally think it would be A-BEYOND-GREAT-IDEA to do so!!!

Flag Post

I dont have anything against the feeding system, but being able to feed your grinns in town? I approve! We can take this one step further and being able to feed them before or after a battle whould be great. Kinda annoying when i end a battle with a starving grinn and its a race for dragging the pretzel over to the grinn as fast as i can.

Flag Post

It would realy make game much better if grinns gain bigger stomachs when leveling, like 3 more max food per level.

Flag Post

The hunger system is this game’s version of ‘energy’. I like the hunger system, but I agree with feeding them in town or just before or after a battle. If the grin’s stomach increased as levels go up, that would be good too.

Flag Post

I asked one of the Devs (Drol) about making their stomachs bigger, he said “No comment.” We use to be able to have 4 farms and the farms produced 2 wheat a cycle, but the devs thought 48 wheat a day was too much, so they made it 8 wheat a day. Because of the farm nerf and the “no comment”, I don’t see the devs changing their hunger/energy system to an easier way.

Flag Post

The whole idea is for you to pay before you can play.

Anyway, there a work-around till they decide to change it.
Just go to a lvl 1 or 2 then feed your guys, when your guys are full, just quit the dungeon.

Flag Post

I don´t mind the feeding part. It´s a necessary use of resources for when you don´t have anything to spend them on, and in battle it´s a thing to pay attention to, which increases the difficulty and, more importantly, makes the battles way less repetitive. I´d vote for keeping it.

Flag Post

I tend to pay for games if I like them enough. But the feeding concept, for me decreases my enjoyment enough that I’m much less likely to pay for this game compared to others. I know there will be a complete spectrum of opinions on the matter but I feel that if I pay for a game It should be for aspects that enhance the enjoyment, not to ameliorate an unnecessary sub system that nerfs the progress.

Flag Post

I agree with you 100% Shaedo, but this is how it seems that online gaming is starting to shape. One of the many whinges I have about what facebook has shared with the world. My favourite games are still point n click adventure games, but that will change once devs figure out a way to make you pay per click. These games (which are still enjoyable and addictive) always remind me that I’m dealing with a business model. I prefer when I play a game to be completely drawn into the world created. These energy/feeding systems, not to mention the 4+ hours to complete builds, completely destroy any immersive effect that a game may have.

Flag Post

Wow, Shaedo snuck into my brain and pulled out my exact thoughts. Mind ninja.

Flag Post

feeding feels like it is a pain but it’s common in these types of games. Rather then use hunger and feed to play, other games just use energy that regens very slowly overtime. I’d rather pay resources then have to pay real cash imo.

As for why these games even have the energy systems, the developers need some kind of income to make great games and continue to patch and expand right?

Flag Post

You think Devs that give out games for free aren’t making a lot of money?

Flag Post

People developing games like this deserve to earn money! They put good work in it, so it´s only fair if they get something in return!

Flag Post

I just see the feeding as upkeep… its relatively minor anyway. Its not anywhere close to an energy system as you just dont need to pay real moneys for it.

The cost honestly isnt that bad even if you dont use the crossaint trick.

Flag Post

Apart of feeding the grinns is crazy,upgrating the bakery costs way too much, upgrating to lv5 costs 132846 wood and 86000 metal.