DIAMONDS page 2

40 posts

Flag Post

They posted in the main grinns forum that droprates for rubies and diamonds are the same on kong. They hint they gave us was to kill the right monster. Apparently the ghost doesn’t drop diamonds anymore, so it much be grand crank on floor 37

Flag Post

then they did a shitty job on this one!!! well done,you are losing more players due to that,useless developers!!

Flag Post

What, does the grand ghost not drop diamonds anymore? He droped them rarely before. In order to even reach level 37 we need tier 4 equipment, and to make tier 4 equipment we need diamonds, do they proporsfully want to lose players.
I am close to rage quitting from lack of diamonds already

Flag Post

Im stuck on floor 44, but up until now i used only t3 equipment. And when i upgrade to t4 i already know where I will spend my diamonds. You need to use more strategy and planning in this game, not just over-equiping and wiping everything. Also, you can farm diamonds on floor 25 if you need them so badly

Flag Post

But Diamonds, Old Scarf, socks and Shiny rubies are all way too rare, and the most idiotic thing is that they are not labeled as “rare” despite these being the rarest of all the resources out there and a constant bottleneck to any upgrade plan

Flag Post
Originally posted by Loip:

Im stuck on floor 44, but up until now i used only t3 equipment. And when i upgrade to t4 i already know where I will spend my diamonds. You need to use more strategy and planning in this game, not just over-equiping and wiping everything. Also, you can farm diamonds on floor 25 if you need them so badly

The thing is, this game was designed for facebook, where Socks, Scarves, Rubies and Diamonds have a secondary source: Gifting from friends and visiting eachother cities. Since this feature is not (and should not be!) on Kongregate, it is only reasonably to ask for the drops to be balanced accordingly. Or that another secondary source is available for Kong players.

btw 80% of the game revolves around upgrading and getting better gear, so making the point that his gaming skills sucks is kinda moot i my opinion.

Flag Post

Pretty much done with this game until they fix diamonds and scarves drop rate. I will not spent 30 hours farming for something that is almost instantaneous on Facebook.

Flag Post

I quit a few weeks ago. I only log in to collect my resources every 12 hours.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Khanate:

Pretty much done with this game until they fix diamonds and scarves drop rate. I will not spent 30 hours farming for something that is almost instantaneous on Facebook.

Originally posted by TZwien:

I quit a few weeks ago. I only log in to collect my resources every 12 hours.

Sounds like a good plan. I didn’t mind grinding for a bit when I knew it was possible to get rubies and things were fast paced. This is ridiculous. Every 12 hours sounds like a good plan amigo

Flag Post

now that you mention it,i didnt consider this option before!!! WAITRESS,A TWELVE-HOUR PACK FOR ME TWO PLEASE!!!

Flag Post

I’ve been doing the same shortly after ID was released and a few hours later the drop rates were changed as to give only garbage. Now i’m just upgrading camps/mines and mass producing low tier gear. Untill the game gets some more SP friendly. Since it is essentially a SP game, we’re being forced to grind as if it were online and competetive.
Make 2 versions of the game.
One with massive grinding. (So don’t change anything.)
One with minimal grinding and friendlier settings, easier to refine, less expensive to make food, etc.
Now see which gets played more and gets the higher rating.
Now add pricing for praming which most ppl can afford and may find it worthwhile, (I personally will not spend 5$ on a homestead and an improved farm. Or 39 pramin for some purely decorative halloween garbage or even 2 pramin for an item one needs to grind endlessly troughout the entire game.) and cashflow should be much much smoother. I remember Zombie Misfits. Fun game, completely and totally ruined by grinding and premium content pricing. This is the same. Anything anyone would considering spending pramin on is needed so incredibly much that, well, it’s not worth spending anything on unless you were some rich kids. Games that depend on whales are essentially discriminating to anyone who is not rich.

It’s well hidden though, at first glance pramin and premium content is absolutely not needed. As you get further it becomes more and more tedious. Either spend countless hours grinding, (Does anyone like grinding? Is there a fun factor in this for some people? I really do wonder what simpleton can enjoy such mindless repetetiveness.) or spend up to hundreds of $ to avoid this need.

So now I login 3 minutes, twice a day. Collect my wood, my metal, upgrade some camp or mine, grow some more wheat and hope for a refined scrapper vest. Haven’t been in the tower for weeks. Thinking about it makes my stomach turn, all the grinding… Why ruin an excellent game?

Flag Post

I hadn’t even realized that the ghost stopped dropping diamonds; I thought I was just having lousy luck. I need about 10 diamonds now, and gear is all that seems to matter.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :(

Flag Post

It’s gotten to the point I might just use what rubies and diamond (singular) I have to make a better adventurer, and mass knights and clerics since those 2 classes don’t use rubies or diamonds. It’s amazing how one crappy decision can choke the whole game

Flag Post

The ghost certainly drops diamonds still. I got one an hour ago.

Flag Post

Like I said, they damn near force you to pay if you want to play the last 33% of the game. And they do it in such a manipulative way.

This kind of stuff used to be rare in flash games, now it’s everywhere.