Moar questions (not a troll thread don worry)

8 posts

Flag Post

i need to ask a few more questions before i actually use my precious pramin, so bear with me =)

Do mods actually read the forums? I think they would be the best ppl to answer questions about mechanics, because most other players are usually just guessing.

Q1) 3 items – cog eye, wild waves, and glasses. —> are they accessories, or are they weapons? If they are accessories, the wild waves are kindda imba for clerics/wizards since the attack power% boost is considerable.

Q2) Does crafting a low level gear on a high tier production facility result in a higher chance of getting refined items?

Although nothing about this is said in the game text, I noticed after many rounds of trying that level 3 facilities that craft tier 1 items get refined items almost 50% of the time, up from about 30%.

Q3) I have some guys tell me that they have a large rake equipped. I am quite sure that a “large rake” is not craftable, so how do you get it? Same thing for skirts (eg. cleric skirt, which are good because you can equip them on top of your shirt)

Q4) regarding the adventurer skill (pickpocket). Is the extra item buff only applicable if you get the last hit? Or is a hit on a monster sufficient for you to get 2x items when it dies? Or must you do ALL the damage by yourself in order to get 2x items?

I am very confused about this because when i grind level 4, there is a 100% chance that i get 2 items if my adventurer does 100% of the dmg to the boss. However, there is only a 50-70% chance that i get 2 items if the adventurer is aided by another team mate (although i always let the adv get the last hit)

Q5) How does a cleric’s damage translate into how much speed they can increase when they use their skill “haste”

I can confirm that attack damage DOES affect the speed increase, although the number is quite small. Basically, when i change my science probe (some attack dmg but not much)to a shaman’s stick, My speed increase dropped from 6 to 5.

Q6) is the armor shop of any use at all? i find that all the items it produces are well, crappy. The weapon shop isnt so bad, but i would rather craft them myself. One possible idea for the devs is to let armor/weap shops sell items that require rubies to craft =) that would give it some use.

Q7) Lastly, the question of the day. Can i confirm that rallying INCREASES chances of refined items. It seems to me that it does, but still, i would like to confirm it.

Flag Post

1) They are not weapons. They occupy the ‘eye’ slot. This might be confusing to you, but the ‘hair’ category in your equipment screen is actually 3 categories – the ‘hair’, the ‘eyes’, and the ‘face’. Yes, you can equip up to 7 items on each character. (these are all that i have found, there could possibly be more)

2) uncertain. insufficient data.

3) from finishing all areas of the Ironbound side dungeon.

4) last hit. your ‘50-70%’ stat is wrong. on a side note, the adventurer can and does pickpocket two of the same item from a boss occassionally. this will only appear to you as one item on your screen, however if you check the numbers it will have risen by 2.

5) hover your mouse over the ‘haste’ ability while in the ‘change abilities’ screen. the math is stated there.

6) no use at the moment.

7) it does not. a developer has voiced out in clarification regarding this very question.

Flag Post

Q7) Lastly, the question of the day. Can i confirm that rallying INCREASES chances of refined items. It seems to me that it does, but still, i would like to confirm it.

7) it does not. a developer has voiced out in clarification regarding this very question.

Well do you know what does make an Item refined? I made a full Dreadnought set refined, and then a bow refined, so what is like the chance of getting it, or what makes that chance higher? Not trying to be rude, but what did the dev say about it?

Flag Post

the developer simply said that rallying does not increase the chance. nothing further in the specific response i saw.

regarding the rest regarding the %tage bonuses, i am unfamiliar with specifics. haven’t seen anyone collate data, or do a reasonably exhaustive form of research on this.

you could search the forums for specific information. there may be information that i am not privy to.

http://thegrinnstale.com/forum/

Flag Post

You get the Big Rake from Ironbound 2, which is completable around 20-22ish depending on gear/team/pot usage. It’s an amazing melee weapon. I think the only cleric skirt comes from the original cleric that joins your party in the beginning.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Genoside:

You get the Big Rake from Ironbound 2, which is completable around 20-22ish depending on gear/team/pot usage. It’s an amazing melee weapon. I think the only cleric skirt comes from the original cleric that joins your party in the beginning.

The Big Rake can also drop from chests in Grinnfinite Dungeon. (I have 2 Big Rakes.)

Flag Post

Kaboomba is incorrect.

The Eyes slot is a Misc slot. Hair and Misc both have similar sections: upper face and lower face. However, you can wear upper face misc AND upper face (head) hair.

For hair, “upper face” is generally hair worn on the head. “Lower face” is generally beards, mustaches and the like, as well as Sneak Mask for some reason. Don’t complain, that’s actually a good thing: Sneak Mask has no stats itself, but also doesn’t eat up a gear slot.

For Misc, “Upper face” is generally eyewear, like the Glasses, Cogeye and face tattoos like Wild Waves and the Shaman’s “Shaman Paint”. “Lower face” is actually more of a “neck slot”: scarves and capes go here.

This means you can actually have whatever hair you desire AND you have two extra slots for gear via the Misc section.

Incidentally, Shaman Paint gets 2 Speed if it’s refined, and can be worn by anyone. Sneak cape can also be worn by anyone, but for 1 speed the -12 defense is terrible.

Flag Post

Are there any hair slot items that give stats? Either upper or lower face there.