Mine / Logging camp upgrades

10 posts

Flag Post

Since I can’t find any place to confirm the gut feeling I’m having, I’ll try asking here. Do the upgrade levels have any effect at all on the production rate at all, or are the upgrades merely there to enhance the timer and max capacity of the mills?

I’ve upgraded just about all my mills to L9 and I’m not noticing anything in the way of increased rates in the past few grades. Honestly, I feel I’ve wasted my resources for all I took past L7 by now. _

Flag Post

Just do the calculations yourself – Divide the number of max wood able to be stored by the number of minutes it takes to fill up. Do the same for a L8 mill and see if there’s a difference in wood per minute.

Flag Post

To find the rates just take the total amount the mill can hold and divide it by the time it takes in hours or minutes to fill. This will give you the rate in wood/hr or wood/min.

Flag Post

seems kind of moot to me since it’s so easy to max a building in this game

Flag Post

Hmz. That means a linear +30 per hour for lumber per upgrade, while the upgrade cost is quite non-linear. I’ll skip out on upgrading them any further unless I have nothing else to upgrade, then.

Flag Post

check out fully explained diagrams on wikia… http://grinns-tale.wikia.com/wiki/Logging_Camp and http://grinns-tale.wikia.com/wiki/Mine

Flag Post

So… how far do people think its worth upgrading? Personally I have stopped at lvl 7 because I feel if it takes a month before an upgrade pays off, I dont know how much I will play then.

Flag Post

I’m still upradging, but I thinklvl 7 is good, 20 hours of gathering is just enough to fill storages.

Flag Post

I had aimed at 24 hour buffers as I do with all games with timers, since I prefer to only log in around the evenings and lose no charge time this way. I mostly went above L8 because I didn’t have storage space left at that time and plenty of resources (lacking the artifacts to progress), mostly an endresult of an involuntary monthlong hiatus of actively playing games and burning through most of my rare material supplies early on.

But if you’re not there yet, I feel there’s little need pushing past L8 while L7 should be sufficient if you have the luxury of logging in on a frequent basis.

Flag Post

For active players:
you should be able to farm wood extremely easily, so all that matters is metal. In that case, a rank 10 mine pays for itself in 78 days, which seems prettty worth it to me considering how difficult it is to get refined t6 for every hero (in multiple classes even).

For idle players:
you’re probably short on wood in all likelihood, but since you only play for a few minutes a day, u’re probably aiming long term anyway? so even though the mines/camps may take a while to pay off, u’ll probably take even longer to finish the game, so its worth it to max everything.