Need help with floors 28-37

12 posts

Flag Post

How do I handle these spiders? I have a Knight tanking, a cleric behind him healing, and a wizard.

They all have T3 gear which is the best available to me.

Is there a good setup that doesn’t require me to spam revive potions?

Flag Post

Well, knight is completely ineffective.

Try hasted zerker with knight’s life steal.

Flag Post

Just ‘a’ knight? I have 4 knights tanking at that time,just rotate them when one is dead.

Flag Post

I’ll try the berserker.

Rotating out knights seems like a brute force approach.

Flag Post

before t5, i strongly suggest using zerkers as tanks instead of knights, as all the knight sets defense values are far too low, and their hp is much lower than zerker (especially if u use scrapper scarf to boost the def).

this is especially true for spiders, which tend to scald and poison:
Scald = defense becomes meaningless, so zerker’s mass hp > knight mass def.
Poison = 30 damage per turn regardless of your defense, so once again mass hp wins. (Knight has like what? 80ish hp at this point? gets completely pwned by poison lol)

its only with the mountain guard set do you start seeing benefits from having ridiculously high def and knight becomes a better tank than zerker.

Flag Post

Well, in that case, use 4 zerkers as tanks, just rotate them out. As for completing the zerker sets, thats a lot of rubies. Of course, you can just ignore the hats if you are desperate for rubies.

Flag Post

fun part about zerkers, you dont even have to rotate, they will AUTO rotate themselves out when they die.

Flag Post

Fun part for spiders, they deal magic damage which ignores defense completely so the idea is to teach you that knights as tanks are not always good.

Flag Post

Summary, knight are tanks for physical damage, berserkers are tanks for magic damage.

Flag Post

Most of the spiders in the tower are weak against electricity…I’d suggest using an archer and/or a wizard to bring them down…

Flag Post

A heal cleric won’t be able to heal enough to completely heal the tanks. A better approach might be to haste the wizard/archer (with the right element for that floor of course), as for hp, if wood isn’t an major issue for you right now (since you maxed the tier anyway) also just use vibrant or really healthy potion.

Flag Post

I used an adventurer with fancy flurry in the back, with constant hasting on him casted from the middle rank. In the front, I tossed everyone else, one at a time, to take a few hits. They buy time, while the adventurer turns into a crazy killing machine.

Also, there’s always the cheese tactic of revive tanking. Kind of expensive though, 200 metal per potion.