Remove the cap on cobblestones

12 posts

Flag Post

Why is it even there, to begin with? As it is right now, I can’t make roads around my town, because I’ve already reached the cap/limit of 150 cobblestones which isn’t even enough to cover half of my town. It’s only an aesthetic detail, but why are cobblestones even there, if you can’t use them for it’s intended purpose: to create roads around your town? Am I the only one thinking that the cap should be removed, or at least increased from 150?

Flag Post

They could make a “path making structure” to upgrade and increase your cap and to unlock prettier paths and roads too maybe =D

Flag Post

its actually used for happiness, +2 max happy each lol.

Flag Post

Build cobblestone, plus max happiness. Rally villager to each other, increase happiness. Increase in happinness increase max cobblestone that can be build. Its a cycle.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zemega:

Build cobblestone, plus max happiness. Rally villager to each other, increase happiness. Increase in happinness increase max cobblestone that can be build. Its a cycle.

What are you talking about? Increasing happiness doesn’t increase the maximum cobblestone amount…

Flag Post

I share that frustration. Also remove the shared cap for every other kind of decoration! There is a cap of 60 for all-non cobblestone items. As in, if you put down 60 of those large paving squares, you can’t put down ANY other decorations (except for the Pramin ones, I’m sure)

Flag Post

If you think about it from a development point of view, it’s a lot less work for the server. The following is my interpretation of the process, but I may be wrong.

When the game loads, it loads the current position of each object (presumably from a database) and places it on the screen to make sure it’s all placed exactly as you arranged it. If everyone had 1500 cobblestones each, it would mean that the server would have 10 times the amount of work to do querying the database.

Just a guess though.

Flag Post

Well, the position is just a colleciont of ints, 2 for each object. That means that if the world is between 256 and 65k tiles wide, much more than it is in fact, it would be 4 bytes for each object. Meaning 6 kilobytes for each 1500 objects. That’s not much. So I don’t think memory’s the matter.

Flag Post

I think after 150 cobblestone paths or 60 decorations, the hapiness shouldn’t go up but you should be able to use them for cosmetic reasons.

Flag Post

Just cap happiness bonuses from cobblestone paths and then let people build those again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by waraxe:

Just cap happiness bonuses from cobblestone paths and then let people build those again.

i wasnt aware u play this game as well :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by waraxe:

This. And I wasn’t aware that you played this game either, waraxe :P