This game is dying

30 posts

Flag Post

I have not seen a serious update for weeks. One new tower floor or icon change on food?! sorry
All my buildings are build, upgraded to top, resources overflow, etc.
Grind each day for one Pramin? to buy what, bth?
Maybe I will jump in again is some weeks later, but for now, there is no challenge for many of us anymore…
Not to mention, there are sooo many other games on Kongregate! =)

Bye

Flag Post

Everyone realized the game is a complete grindfest and went to other games on Kong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 4TR0P0S:
but for now, there is no challenge for many of us anymore…

I quit long time ago, because for me there haven’t been any challenge for me since RT2 Team. And grind games are doomed, way too many of them and all are basically identical at base level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:
Originally posted by 4TR0P0S:
but for now, there is no challenge for many of us anymore…

I quit long time ago, because for me there haven’t been any challenge for me since RT2 Team. And grind games are doomed, way too many of them and all are basically identical at base level.

A Grinds tale.

Flag Post

I have to admit, that I still log in every day, but the thought of having to GD run or farm diamonds the other way I posted or whatever is actually just not doing it for me. I seem to upgrade whatever I can afford to in the village, build potions, plant wheat and then go do some other internet thingies. I realised I have been doing this for a while as I have about 150 revive potions, 100 extreme potions and about 60 wheat. Not sure exactly what I am waiting for. Even when I was playing backyard monsters I didn’t mind farming Kozu or attacking some random player for the fun of it. I just really don’t want to go explore anymore.

Flag Post

I log in every couple days to collect some stuff. My mines are all level 10, I have 484k of wood and metal, I have 275 extreme potions and 350 revive potions, and I have 550 wheat. I haven’t fought a battle in like 2 months.

Flag Post

I agree I feel much the same way. I won’t say there aren’t no challenges lest. Floor 66 to 68 is insanely difficult so difficult in fact that it isn’t even funny to try and beat them. They can’t rescue the game by adding new floors that are practically impossible to beat, and requires at minimum tons of extreme and revive potions. What we need is a tier 7 set.

Flag Post

I have beat level 66 to 68 without an issue it depends on who you have in your group and yes the game is dying a bit but that is only because the players who have maxed everything out it is hard to keep up with them. They have came up with new levels and new stuff but i beat those in a hour when it was updated. so now i am just hoping for the next update.

Flag Post

Okay how did you do it then, because I usually use at least 50 extreme potions and 50 revive potions in order to beat a single level, so I have to wait a week between each attempt in order to produce that many potions.

Flag Post

I have a team of six all level 42. I put in battle my cleric, my wizard and my berzerker. My cleric is in the back with wizard in the middle and berzerker up front. The cleric does only haste to my wizard and the front guy. When the berzerker falls the knight takes over. If he falls my adventurer takes over. My wizard uses shock and if he falls I have my archer with fire. My wizard, archer and knight have life steal 2. My berzerker and archer have richochett 2. My cleric regen 4 and only attacks when everyone has been hasted or is the last standing. I do use alot of cookies but not that much health potions or revive potions. I may use one or two potions per level maybe sometimes none.

Flag Post

every good story has an end: this one was fun….Asking for a game that will last forever is nonsense.. Better to live your life and thank the developers for the happy time they gave to you

Flag Post
Originally posted by agburnaar:
Asking for a game that will last forever is nonsense.

Forever? Probably. For very long? Not really. I (and few others) still play Diablo 2, almost 13 years after it was launched. Ever heard of System Shock 2? It was recently relaunched on GOG, nearly fourteen (14!) years after initial launch and it is their best seller. Grinds Tale became boring several weeks after it premiered on Kong. They had interesting combat mechanic, very cute graphics, but wasted all potential with typical Failbook grind and repetetivness. Even very forgiving and casual friendly energy system (that’s what food is) can’t keep interest for long.

Flag Post

I totally agree that this game is on the way into an open grave. It shows promise but lacks the fun factor, it’s mostly a grindfest to build up your “heros” in order to beat the campaign. The amount of time it takes just to upgrade your mills & mines is ridiculous. My guys are all maxed at level 30 and it is taking forever to get enough wood to get upgrade my mills / guilds, at this rate I’ll be able to get past level 43 sometime in May or June which is beyond idiotic. I just want to play the damn game and not sit around for an eternity to acquire the crap necessary to get better gear. If I want to grind a pain in the ass game I’ll revisit Too Human & keep trying to get my level 50s.

I haven’t played any Failbook games lately but the only one I would play is CivWorld. As for Kong, I’ll keep playing Wartune and recently went back to playing Halo 2 just for kicks. A good game keeps people coming back for more, wasting your potential on stupid repetitive trends is where companies fail & it costs them their business. Don’t bow to trends, be different and make a kickass game. I may keep at Grinds Fail for another week or two, I haven’t decided.

Flag Post

well i am going to play it , dont have lot of things to do and keep asking for rebalancing grinfinte dungeon ,but i like grinns from many reasons and after trying something new i always come back here. (one of those something news was wartune and it sucks hard in comparison to grinns tale) Grinns tale becometh for me “home game” on kong. MAybe bit boring but i can visit it from time to time with pleasure. This game is simply slow paced ,you are not supposed to be be able to finish it in few days and new stuff is also not coming very fast. But you dont need to spend hours on it or even play evryday to progress and thats very nice.

Flag Post

1) Don’t necro dead threads.
2) Log in, collect res and daily pramin/quest, log out. Takes a few minutes each day.

This game may be filed under MMO, but its really single player, theres no rush to grind to the top. If anything, the game u recommended: Wartune, is the REAL grindfest. The competition there is so high u’re pretty much forced to be permanently on in order to not miss any events while managing your farm and city and also stealing cough helping your friends harvest their crops. Not to mention the balance is totally screwed with archers pwning way too much face early on in just about every event. If you don’t find wartune to be a grind, then for some strange reason, you’re not playing it competitively, yet u’re trying to play grinns competitively.. which is really strange lol.

Flag Post

I agree with the fact that most higher lvl players find this a beautiful game to play at their own pace, this game has very clever micromanagment on hero play and these heroes should be nursed carefully, especially choosing the side-jobs (because of food issues), there are a few flaws remaining though, to mention 2 : if you switch a hero to berserker and feed him with a croissant f.i. then come back with real hero you risk having the there is a problem because this hero will try to blindly first strike any mob which will produce a bug and forces you to refresh, secondly if you replay tower 22 and after room 2 (the chest) you choose to replay the lvl then you will have overlapping music, but overall i find this game superb :)

Flag Post

I used to switch hero to berserker and feed croissant, never had that bug happen. You should report it in full detail in the grinns forum.

As for the music bug, yea its been there a while, happens a lot with the replay floor button, not just floor 22. You’re referring to this one right?: http://thegrinnstale.com/forum/index.php?topic=784.0

Flag Post

Forever? Probably. For very long? Not really. I (and few others) still play Diablo 2, almost 13 years after it was launched. Ever heard of System Shock 2? It was recently relaunched on GOG, nearly fourteen (14!) years after initial launch and it is their best seller. Grinds Tale became boring several weeks after it premiered on Kong. They had interesting combat mechanic, very cute graphics, but wasted all potential with typical Failbook grind and repetetivness. Even very forgiving and casual friendly energy system (that’s what food is) can’t keep interest for long.

i still play panzer general 1.. maybe 18 years old :)

Flag Post

I doubt a new set of tower floors will ever come, the game’s story has a nice conclusion on it already, the brave hero entered the tower, killed the only one of the monster that occupied floor 46 but was defeated by the next set of floors, or their boss, and became a servant of that boss monster, occupying floor 46. Our hero party is able to go beyond that point because they work together as more of a team. To keep adding spurious extra sets of floors just to keep the game alive will only add fuel to the arguments made by those who say the game is “just a grind’s tale” etc

The fact that I’m fully aware the game has a definite end point, and won’t go on forever, in no way detracts from it’s playability.

Flag Post

Not to necro this thread or beat a dead horse but I don’t see my interest in this game lasting much beyond the month. I paid for resource buildings but now I regret paying anything because it’s just a grind with pretty graphics.

Originally posted by Adrenocromo:

I (and few others) still play Diablo 2, almost 13 years after it was launched.

Like you, Adrenocromo, I still play Diablo II. I even remember buying Warcraft (not WoW or even Warcraft II. The ORIGINAL for DOS) and I’ve even gone back to play that occasionally because it’s still good. This game lost appeal a couple weeks ago because I can’t grind past lv 37 without spending large amounts of real money or lengthy amounts of time waiting for resources to pop to upgrade buildings, buy gear, etc. I think I’m still playing because I’m determined that if I spent money on it I’m going to force myself to finish it purely because I don’t leave things unfinished if I invent effort or money in them.

Flag Post
lol Do you all really take yourself as that important? Just because you quit a game it is dying? Maybe you should realize we all are just a small part individually. Don´t get me wrong, I am dying for new content to get me back to be an active player like the egg stuff did for a while. But as long as they are investing time into this game (which they still do) rest assure they still have the player base they need to keep it profitable. I still see new players in the chat left and right, so if 5 of you leave and 5 new players join why would they care and how the f is that a dying game? Maybe it is dead for you, still as someone mentioned it was fun while it lasted for the most of us which is all I ask of a game. And crying about having invested money is still to this day and for all times an invalid argument if no developer forces you to do it. Show some balls and blame the only person responsible for spending the money, yourself! If you expect a new and worthy follower to D2 (no, Diablo 3 does not exist!) on a flash game platform you are delusional! At least for the near future. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tl;dr: As long as they work on the game they are just doing fine, some people just take theirselfs as a gift to grace some games with their time and when they leave that means the game will die soon! -_-

Flag Post

it’s a good game and i like it, but after a while grinding ruby’s and diamonds to get better sets gets boring that’s just it

Flag Post
a while grinding ruby’s and diamonds to get better sets gets boring[/quote]

+1 it gets repetitive

Flag Post

Logging in once a day to collect resources then repeat every day for a week just to upgrade 1 building is just ridiculous. At the rate resources accumulate even at level 9 it would take close to a month to have all 6 guilds at the next level then at least another month for the following level. I’m glad they dropped gear to 15 seconds but gimme a friggin break, no game is worth wasting 4-6+ months to beat the campaign. Make it fun, not a grind-fest or a gather-whore, when a game is good people will replay it. This is one of those games that you get tired of grinding and want to beat it for the sake of beating it then you quit & play something else. I’d rather play the original SimCity than waste more than another month on this.

Flag Post

I don’t agree with you Radter.
Once you are maxed out there is nothing to do, it becomes so boring. It was fun while I had to wait days to upgrade this or craft that.
All I can do now is sit and wait for a serious upgrade.