Are pramins over priced in your opinion?

39 posts

Flag Post

I just realized that $5.00 is worth 50 pramins. In my eyes that’s rediculous. I mean I was looking in to buying some but decided not to when I saw how overpriced they are.

They won’t be getting my 5 dollars now because I don’t feel it’s worth it. If, however, I could get 200 pramins for 10 bucks I’d gladly do so. 250 with a large buy discount…

For a conversion rate, I just checked and I have 8 and a half hours on my mine which would cost 35 pramins (or $3.50) to finish and a chest peice has 1:50 left on it for 15 pramins ($1.50) to complete.

Either way, they should reduce the price of things in the game or increase the amount of pramins for real money. I’m not going to pay 5 dollars for a fuzzlehorn habitat. I’m not paying 2 dollars to save 2 hours of wait time (or !30 villager actions). What are your thoughts? What would still give the dev’s well earned money but also be fair to you, the consumer?

Flag Post

Like $10 for unlimited pramins.

Flag Post

The prices are fair. 5 bucks for fuzzlehorn is ok, and spot on pricewise imo. It is not a must have, but a nice to have, and generates money for the developers. Have you ever tried crystal saga? Now that’s an overpriced game. I’ve seen people dump more than 10.000 $ in that game. Here you get by with 15$, which will cover like half an hour of a developers salary. Greedy? No. Do they like dinners on their table? Yes

Flag Post

+1 to hyperbobby ;)

Flag Post

I think OP meant, dev would sell more if pramins were cheaper. Like he said, he would have bought some but he realized they were overpriced. Less money is better than 0 imo.

Flag Post

If people think 5 or 10$ is a fortune better log out and look for a job.

Flag Post

You idiots think Devs only get money from people buying stuff from them and then you get all high and mighty when others only want to spend $5 on a very mediocre game lol. I bet you guys think the workers at Facebook don’t get any money because everyone uses it for free. Simply having Grinns Tale on Kong and Facebook earns them a ton of money from ads.

Pramins are definitely overpriced in terms of what they do for you in the game. Overpriced as a business model, only the Devs know. I imagine if you had a $10 one-time fee they’d get a lot more money than they’re getting now, but it’s up to them to price how they want. And if you’re spending more than that on a game this average, you have really bad taste in games or you really don’t value money.

Flag Post

The irony here is that you can play the game fully and as often as you like without ever spending one $ on it. No premium gear makes anyone OP or is needed to accomplish anything. Nothing else you can buy does more than maybe speed up the game.

That people buy or not buy pramins is entirely their choice but the issue here is that many can’t afford or don’t want to buy the pramins but still desire what is for sale. Instead of accepting that or doing what is needed, they prefer to switch to baby-mode and cry and complain that everything has to be adapted to them since they somehow think they’re entitled to that.

Try that at a car-dealer and see if crying results in selling them that BMW for 10$.

Flag Post

Dee, I understand your points but the simple fact is in America’s broken economy even the fairly-well-off group of people need to plan out what money gets spent. I have a great and reasonably high paying job and my wife also works (minimum wage) and we raise 2 kids together. 5 or 10 dollars isn’t “a fortune” as you put it, but 5 dollars per fuzzlehorn home, 3 dollars per mine to be finished on time, $1.80 per ornate key and ~4 dollars for a simple wizards back with 16 damage…

The fact of the matter is if I wanted to spend a little money to make this game a little more fun and less of a “wait 5 days before you can continue playing” game, I could end up spending 20, 30 even 50 dollars based on these prices.

Let me put it this way. I want resources. If I wanted to pay to upgrade all 6 mines and mills and bought all 8 powered mines and mills…

That’s $35.20 for the mills and mines.

Rank 7-8 completion for just my 6 regular mills is $6.90 a piece or $41.40 for JUST the mines. The same rank up for mills is 14 hours instead of 20 so let’s assume 30 dollars for all 6 mills.

So let’s add all this up now. I only want to upgrade all my mines and mills with no wait 1 rank. I’ll also go ahead and buy all the powered versions and while I’m at it I want the plentiful farms too. 5 or 10 bucks won’t break my bank but this little amount of upgrading just ran me $115.80. Sure, you can argue that I just bought a lot and upgraded my entire town but the question is – Is this a fucking HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN DOLLARS worth of upgrades?

No, I didn’t get everything. No, I didn’t even buy everything I could. I just spent over a hundred dollars for some resources. Care to do the math on how much it would cost me in real money to get a fully upgraded town with everything I could buy? Yeah, I’d love to spend a little cash on this game I like but come on man. You really think they are fairly priced?

5 dollars for a fuzzlehorn habitat. That’s fine. 20 dollars for 4 of them. 30 dollars for a complete set of powered mills and mines. 10 bucks for 4 plentiful farms. I wouldn’t buy this game for 60 dollars and neither would I pay that for just a few parts of the game.

Flag Post

Although powered mills are beneficial the only thing that helps with upgrades is farming, farming and some more farming. That costs no money but effort. No amount of mills or mines can compete with what you can farm in some hours.

I understand that some people just can’t afford to spend money on a game because they have responsibilities elsewhere but that’s a sacrifice one has to accept. One can’t always have their cake and eat it too. It’s also naive to expect that because one can’t afford something, evidently the prices have to be lowered until they meet their potential.

There are loads of items out there I can’t afford. Would I desire them, I will have to increase my financial income and not demand they lower theirs.

Flag Post

It’s not that people can’t afford them, it’s that they are stupidly overpriced.

Cars and other items that some people actually can’t afford aren’t overpriced. They are in equilibrium with supply and demand. This is why people don’t bitch about not being able to buy things out of their price range because they feel these things are still fairly priced. They might bitch about not making enough money, but that’s a different story.

If we start seeing average cars sell for $200,000, then we’ll hear people bitching because obviously they aren’t getting the right value for the product they’re purchasing. If we see a gallon of milk start selling for $10 or a dozen eggs for $5 we’d also be bitching because that shit obviously isn’t worth that much.

This is why we’re bitching about pramins. By the time I upgraded everything in this game in order to get the full experience out of it, I could have purchased a world-class computer capable of doing studio work for CGI companies or playing any game on Ultra settings without breaking a sweat. Hell, even if i wanted to upgrade half of the things I could buy a PS3 or XBOX 360 instead along with a couple games.

If this was the greatest game humanity has ever seen then I would maybe think I’m getting good value for my money. But that’s not the case and I would honestly feel like I’m lighting money on fire if I spent any amount on this game.

Flag Post

You must live in a different world than me. People pay 15 to 20$ seeing a 13 in a dozen movie which more than often is that bad they won’t make to the enforced “break” where they only sell overpriced coke and popcorn in sizes you expect to see at an elephant’s party. 200$ for clothing made in China for less one $. What does an ipod or ipad cost? Overpriced hot air. Everything in your house is an overpriced consumer product with half the expiration length it had 10 years ago crafted at at least half the cost of those days and none of it bothers you because paying money to have the “cool” shit ain’t something to bitch about is it? Even that idea of “cool” is laughable overpriced.

But 5$ for pramins none forced you to buy, gosh that’s a worldclass tragedy.

Welcome to capitalism. Don’t like it; at the end of the street to the right you’ll find cardboard boxes. If you hurry, there’s still room below the bridge.

Flag Post

It is “overpriced”, but that is how the model works. Treat it as a donation with perks; donations are based a lot more on subjective value.

It doesn’t make sense to compare buying a new game to buying an end game. It’s not like you walk into a store and say you want to buy all the things.

Flag Post

I have 73 pramin right now which did cost me exactly ZERO $.

30 I got by doing a daily quest which took between 30 seconds and two minutes of time. The other 43 took 1-10 minutes killing some mobs each day, which I do anyways.

In reality, I’ve never been into a store and got credit simply for visiting or hanging around. I also know very, very few of these games who give something similar to their players or even allow them to play as long and often as they desire.

Flag Post

I see you’re one of those sheep that drinks the kool-aid, probably loves government, hates rich businesses, and has no idea what capitalism really is.

Flag Post

Actually I’m not a worker bee but nice try. ;)

Flag Post

@Dee2166 “In reality, I’ve never been into a store and got credit simply for visiting or hanging around.”
Funny, I was in a store just the other day and got a free sample of sushi. Getting a free sample doesn’t mean something isn’t overpriced.

Flag Post

Pretty much all internet games are overpriced nowadays. The thing is that compared to others this one has a pretty decent pricing.

Flag Post

If you store that sample of sushi in your fridge, can you exchange it next week for another product they sell?

Flag Post

Well, either way, instead of feeding a troll I’d like to respond to some of the more intelligent of you in this thread. I actually did a few surveys to get some “free” kreds to buy a fuzzlehorn habitat. I felt dirty to actually spend kreds on this game but I really enjoy the game and like to get a little more out of it if/when possible.

The truth is that you can spend 5 dollars on one thing or do a few surveys to make kong money and get a couple things and be fine… Either way, the real fact of the matter is these people will continue to get money from ad revenue, sponsorships and paying out of pocket. What my real purpose in all of this is to enlighten some of you that even one of us simply stating that we don’t like it and even going so far as calling bull**** and boycotting the game completely we’re letting these guys know that it’s not cool to rip off the people that are making them this money.

Now yes, they are offering a ‘free’ and fun game with no OP “Real Money Only” perks which is great and by and far the only reason I would even consider giving them my money but settling for 80% good and 20% rip-off is letting them know we’re just cattle to farm for our cash with no minds of our own. We’ll take whatever bull they dish out – they just have to figure out how much we’ll take before we snap and give up on them completely (EA anyone?). The real issue is letting them know that while they almost have the perfect game here this is a major issue to us. Sure, other games are worse and this isn’t HUGE in the big scheme, but in terms of THIS game only, it is a rather big issue.

I’ll be sending out an email directly to Nexon if I get enough support to let them know how we all feel. Send me a PM letting me know to add your name if you’d like to support this. The basic message will be “We really love your game and there are no huge issues with ‘real money only’ stuff which makes us all very happy; The only issue we have is that while we would all like to spend money and buy some items in the game we feel your prices are a bit on the high side. We’d really appreciate it if you would look in to this for us. I for one would be willing to pay around even $20 dollars to get the full experience instead of a few nickles and dimes at a time but as it stands I’d be paying over $200 for the basics”

I’ll go in to a little more detail and flesh this message out before the final send off and let you all have a copy before I even send it.

TL;DR – If you are in agreement, send me a PM and we’ll try and do something about this.

Flag Post

I can tell you exactly what will happen.

Assume they lower the prices with 50%. You’ll be happy and tomorrow the next shipment comes in complaining that it is way too much and something has to be done about it. The same happened after they increased drop-rates.

Generation Emo.

Flag Post

I think that Pramins themselves are reasonably priced, but certain items, like keys, are not even close.

Flag Post

Agreed on the keys… the cost of the box keys vs. the amount of boxes you collect over time as even a halfway motivated player, is absurd. Don’t give me an item if I can’t bloody use it without forking over another 5 dollars: that’s insulting and way too carnival-hour.

Flag Post

You collect exactly 29 of both boxes and unless you’ve opened them all, none more drops.

Flag Post

Thanks, that’s new information for me.