☆☆☆ Guild System ☆☆☆

25 posts

Flag Post

We could use a player interactive guild system here.

A guild could be based on the model of a kingdom.

We could call guilds “kingdoms”.

The guild would have a castle with slots for special structures that can be built and upgraded.

Building the structures would be different from normal buildings.

Progress on building the structures would be based on resources donated to the building construction.

Guild members can donate necessary materials including wood and iron, as well as other items such as chests and crafting materials and equipment to go towards completing the minimum required resources that get sacrificed when building a castle structure.

Castle structures can make new items and item crafting recipes show up in guild members’ shops.

Castle structures can provide temporary or permanent boosts to hero stats of guild members.

Special guild only dungeons can be added to the map.

Guild members could hunt for specific items to donate to “Guild Hunts”, in which the items go toward unlocking a new item recipe for Guild members.

Post feedback and added suggestions please.

Flag Post

Is this a multiplier/friend type idea? If so it may not be that popular, most of us are really happy that this game has (so far) avoided the whole idea of guilds/clans/tribes/teams/alliances/whatever. I do like your ideas about it however, and they seem to be somewhat original (I personally haven’t come across this in another game). I just don’t want another game that ends up with a bunch of spam friend requests and requirements to “gift” each other or any of that crap.

Flag Post

Guilds invariably turn into big happy “Hey join my club it’s cool!” parties. But the ideas raised here are a: not entirely novel and b: perfectly capable of being done without turning into a Facebook debacle.

That said, don’t forget that this is a FaceBook game. They can’t just shoehorn stuff in for Kong without making it fit their FB paradigm too.

Flag Post

Plz NO. NO guilds, NO PvP, NOT any interaction between players in game. Sweet please.

Flag Post

agreed with molokot. This game is doing well because its catered to a single player audience who can sit back and let production buildings do their thing since there isn’t intense competition. Throw in multiplayer interactions and suddenly theres a HUGE need to endlessly farm metal/wood (since farming rate is way faster than production rate). Ultimately the people who set up bots to farm while they sleep to end up beating everyone else to pulp, and normal players will leave.

Flag Post
Originally posted by delve:

That said, don’t forget that this is a FaceBook game. They can’t just shoehorn stuff in for Kong without making it fit their FB paradigm too.

One thing that I respect about these devs is that they already have started doing that. They seem to be intelligent enough to recognise that there is a difference in the kong community to the FB community. I haven’t seen other devs realise (and cater to) this simple fact!

Flag Post

There is a huge difference in magnitude between adjusting drop tables and what the OP suggests.

Flag Post

I’d like to have more interaction between players and therefore like this idea.
I also think they should also add something like raids (a whole guild has to beat a boss or something like that often for special rewards/drops).
But what they should never add is PvP.

Attention from now on there are Spoilers, if you didn’t beat the “final boss” stop reading ;-)

I think guilds can also be implemented into the storyline quite well.
For example our “spaceship lands” could link together to form a bigger ship/guild and a really powerfull guild (powerfull=big in numbers and special guild achievements) could form a new homeworld/planet.
Or
Guild members could find starmaps on their land/spaceship and together with the guild they can go on a search for a new homeworld.

Flag Post

The current combat system prevents PvP because it is cycle based rather than turn based or another server sided system. Faster computer = faster combat and reworking combat is not something they should be asked to do or consider doing. As far as other player interaction I like the kongregate vs facebook differences as they are.

Flag Post

Having a PvP type thing is bad because people could just make spam accounts and kill themselfs for more resources.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laconfire:

I also think they should also add something like raids (a whole guild has to beat a boss or something like that often for special rewards/drops).

There are games like that here on Kongregate. I don’t play them because I don’t like them. I don’t go to their forums and ask them to change into single player.
Protip: if you want game with guilds and raids, go find one and play it.

Introducing any type of multiplier would kill TGT. There are many MMOs out there, it would just be another one. Right now it caters to single player crowd. You can’t just change basic paradigm and expect people to go with it. Not to mention that introducing multiplayer would require total overhaul of EVERYTHING. So not going to happen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:
Originally posted by Laconfire:

There are games like that here on Kongregate. I don’t play them because I don’t like them. I don’t go to their forums and ask them to change into single player.
Protip: if you want game with guilds and raids, go find one and play it.

Introducing any type of multiplier would kill TGT. There are many MMOs out there, it would just be another one. Right now it caters to single player crowd. You can’t just change basic paradigm and expect people to go with it. Not to mention that introducing multiplayer would require total overhaul of EVERYTHING. So not going to happen.

It wouldn’t require total overhaul of everything to add a guild system to the game. There is already a small level of interaction in which kills can be recorded on the server. The idea in the original post would take that already existing aspect to a new level.

Guilds could compete in total kills or completions of new dungeons, or finding/killing specific monsters in scavenger hunt events.

The mechanic to donating materials would be similar to the way that resources are spent to build things. This could be done at a specific building that can be built in your town.

The basic game would stay the same.

Flag Post

This is nice game ,there is just enough competition with GD highscores. Guilds will force me to cheat other players to donate lot of resources for my guild (or create bots army to donate resouces to my guild) . I dont want to cheat other players. I like playing simple honest game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by molokot:

This is nice game ,there is just enough competition with GD highscores. Guilds will force me to cheat other players to donate lot of resources for my guild (or create bots army to donate resouces to my guild) . I dont want to cheat other players. I like playing simple honest game.

A good point with the bots.

So instead of resource donation, we could have quests that help build the guild buildings step by step. These quests could include details that can’t easily be abused by bots, like mazes where you have to backtrack intelligently to find the correct path.

Flag Post

Or we can have the game we love to play without any guilds ,instead game we dont like to play with guilds , very easy to implement – requires doing nothing from devs.

Flag Post

Having guilds won’t change the game for people who don’t like guilds.

It would be optional. You wouldn’t need guilds to beat the game. You won’t have to join guilds if you don’t want to.

It would also open up new ways for devs to make money, which means more funds to fix bugs and get server upgrades and keep the game running.

Flag Post

The guild would have a castle with slots for special structures that can be built and upgraded.

Building the structures would be different from normal buildings.
☆☆
Castle structures can make new items and item crafting recipes show up in guild members’ shops.

Castle structures can provide temporary or permanent boosts to hero stats of guild members.

Special guild only dungeons can be added to the map.

you call it “not forcing to join guilds”? from what planet you are?
If guilds provides ANY benefits to their members it is strong forcing to join them.
If guilds provides no benefits at all they are pointless.
Guilds in games just give average ppl many reasons to be unhappy about. Now you can have ALL buildings,dungeons,items and structures without playing together with some random ppl who you dont like and who are most likely retarded.

Flag Post

Benefits is not the same as being forced. Nobody is forced to buy pramins with kreds either. There are many players that don’t buy pramins and still enjoy the game.

You would not need guilds to beat the tower. It might help a little or offer interesting side quests but it would still be OPTIONAL.

Guilds in games can offer many reasons for both average and non-average people to find a game more immersive and fun.

Flag Post

see.. with the pramin system:
1) You don’t have to buy pramin with kred, you can get 1 per day so u can just wait and u’ll be able to experience all that pramin players do.
2) pramin does not unlock anything gameplay-wise. There’s no secret area only whales can challenge with their heroes, no additional heroes or anything like that. The only thing you can buy with pramin are slight stat increases, and more copies of buildings which normal people can get (houses, mines, mills, farms, decor).

1) You don’t have to buy pramin with kred, you can get 1 per day so u can just wait and u’ll be able to experience all that pramin players do.
2) pramin does not unlock anything gameplay-wise. There’s no secret area only whales can challenge with their heroes, no additional heroes or anything like that. The only thing you can buy with pramin are slight stat increases, and more copies of buildings which normal people can get (houses, mines, mills, farms, decor).In contrast, your guild system:
1) If u’re not in a guild , you cannot experience these special guild only dungeons period. you cannot make these new items or special structures.
2) Other features aside, having a special guild only dungeon IS a big gameplay element. If anything, it’ll become THE main focus of the game as soon as its added, cause then u’ll have multiplayer brawls and all that jazz. Effectively, anyone who isnt in a guild will miss out on the main game feature.

2) pramin does not unlock anything gameplay-wise. There’s no secret area only whales can challenge with their heroes, no additional heroes or anything like that. The only thing you can buy with pramin are slight stat increases, and more copies of buildings which normal people can get (houses, mines, mills, farms, decor).In contrast, your guild system:
1) If u’re not in a guild , you cannot experience these special guild only dungeons period. you cannot make these new items or special structures.
2) Other features aside, having a special guild only dungeon IS a big gameplay element. If anything, it’ll become THE main focus of the game as soon as its added, cause then u’ll have multiplayer brawls and all that jazz. Effectively, anyone who isnt in a guild will miss out on the main game feature.Finally, it seems that u’re harbouring a delusion that adding a guild system will not affect anyone who does not want to join a guild. While it may appear to be true on the surface since they can continue to play this as a single player game, in reality this will not be the case simply because many resources are shared. The chatroom and forums will fill up with threads about the multiplayer elements, making it harder to find single player discussions. The devs will have a large chunk of their coding time spent fixing whatever multiplayer bugs arise (and trust me there’ll be loads of them considering how the battle system works at the moment), meaning less time spent on the single player campaign and less time addressing the concerns of the single player people.

2) Other features aside, having a special guild only dungeon IS a big gameplay element. If anything, it’ll become THE main focus of the game as soon as its added, cause then u’ll have multiplayer brawls and all that jazz. Effectively, anyone who isnt in a guild will miss out on the main game feature.Finally, it seems that u’re harbouring a delusion that adding a guild system will not affect anyone who does not want to join a guild. While it may appear to be true on the surface since they can continue to play this as a single player game, in reality this will not be the case simply because many resources are shared. The chatroom and forums will fill up with threads about the multiplayer elements, making it harder to find single player discussions. The devs will have a large chunk of their coding time spent fixing whatever multiplayer bugs arise (and trust me there’ll be loads of them considering how the battle system works at the moment), meaning less time spent on the single player campaign and less time addressing the concerns of the single player people.i.e. adding multiplayer elements inevitably has detrimental effects on single-player gameplay. There’s no getting around that.

Flag Post

Regarding the chat and forum effect: Having separate chat and forum sections for guild-related matters will mitigate its effect on single-player discussion.
Considering the total cost of pramin-related items, it can be said that players will never get to open every single pramin in-related item unless they spend on pramin. Of course that is optional, just as guild play would be.
You still wouldn’t have to join guilds to enjoy the single player aspect of the game. If you decide to join a guild later then nobody will stop you from joining or starting one (unless you’ve been doing something unusually naughty such as hacking the game and getting banned for it). Same can be said for ignoring the guild play as well.
Regarding the dev time/effort spent on multiplayer: THEY CAN HIRE MORE EMPLOYEES. Nexon has more funding than a small group of three or four programmers. Multiplayer would provide a stream of revenue that makes hiring extra hands affordable.

Flag Post

As soon as you introduce player interaction then you must overly adjust game balances, which means the devs have to worry about balancing combat and items rather then just adding new and fun content. I’m very happy with this game thus far and dont think it needs a PVP or multiplayer function.

Flag Post

You have dificulity to understand ,so i will write it simple: I and many other ppl here are playing this game because it is single player WITHOUT GUILDS ,PVP OR ANY INGAME PLAYER INTERACTION. WE enjoy this game as it is a lot. So if you are unhappy go playing one of many games that contain features you wish. If they ever change the game in a way YOU want i will stop playing it.

I dont mind pramins only content because i think it is good balanced . I dont feel forced to buy any and that makes me quite likely to buy some to have some nice things faster. But i can simply w8 few months and have them for free. No, not all premium houses,mines,mills,farms,fuzzlehorns,flowers,and hero eqipment maybe ,but some most important of them yes. Its up to me which one i am choosing.If i choose bad then it is my fault. Game is about resource managment. That means solving problems when you encounter them and make optimal choices to get optimal results. I have evrything under control. Dont have to rely on other players. This is quite diffrent to looking for most dedicated players in game and creating superior hardcore guild.(to be allowed to be member you need to be either no lifer playing 16h per day or heavy pramin spender)

Flag Post

I would immediately stop playing this if I had to start spamming my friends with nuisance just to get ahead in the game

Flag Post

I HIGHLY agree with molokot, the second you add guilds, then guild only dungeons pop up (which many players wont be able to play) guild only quests (which many people will miss out on), guild only items/structures (which many people will never get the benefits of) and will introduce a huge amount of Try-hards to the game to bully others and creat a giant chain of competion, which kills the entirety of the game! The game is supposed to be ENJOYABLE not “maybe if i grind for 20h straight, i can get access to that new guild!” NO. Guilds would kill what this game is! If you want a guild system, go play WoW or LoL or anyother large game that has these elements, dont try and force a great game to become something thats competative and will ruin all of its fun and HAPPY elements!

Flag Post

If I wanted a guild system I’d be playing one of the thousands of other MSOs and MMOs that have them, sometimes nearly pointlessly or just to milk players for $$$. And please god no PvP. I am so utterly sick of it. I’ve quit several games that added this “feature.”