Missing Customization Item

12 posts

Flag Post

When I finished all the puzzles and problems on The Desert Ranch, I was missing two of the 10 Customization Items. I kept whacking and got one almost immediately, now I’ve spent a ton of energy and still haven’t gotten the missing one.

Do they only appear in specific fields or will any given item show up in any given field?

Is there just a simple odds chance of finding any item and potentially I could spend another thousand energy and still not get it but not be making any progress on a level as well?

Also, can I find those items in secret areas? It doesn’t appear like it would be there, but at least I would be making progress on something.

Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ghariffe:

When I finished all the puzzles and problems on The Desert Ranch, I was missing two of the 10 Customization Items. I kept whacking and got one almost immediately, now I’ve spent a ton of energy and still haven’t gotten the missing one.

Do they only appear in specific fields or will any given item show up in any given field?

Is there just a simple odds chance of finding any item and potentially I could spend another thousand energy and still not get it but not be making any progress on a level as well?

Also, can I find those items in secret areas? It doesn’t appear like it would be there, but at least I would be making progress on something.

Thanks.

Is the problem missing quests?

Flag Post

Making those items area-specific would be very stupid of the devs because you could be wasting your energy in the wrong place forever not knowing that, as it wasn’t explained earlier. Also, just a thought, but if these items actually WERE area-specific, then why would they be set on the list in such a random pattern? (i mean that i can get the last item on the right of the list, then one from the middle, then the second from left and so on) If they were somehow attached to an area, the devs would probably set them from left to right in order of appearance.
I’d say: just keep whacking. You have terrible luck if you didn’t find all of these items already, but at some point the last item has to drop. Also i think that you should whack in main areas not in the secret one. But try doing it first, there is always some chance that i am wrong and the item could drop there.

Flag Post

It appears you’re right. They’re random and they’re not in the secret areas. I find myself again with 5 puzzle pieces left on the level but two of those items. It is just kind of a bummer knowing you’re not making any progress but whacking away.

Flag Post

I am missing 2 things in the Lower Evergreen Forest and have been wondering the same thing. I have always found everything until that point. I know that they don’t do anything extra, but I just have to have 100% complete in each area. I just have wasting so much energy.

Flag Post

Evergreen Forest is the same place I first had the issue. I wonder if it gets worse with level. I just had to spend over 6,000 energy finding the last item after I had finished everything else in the zone. Now after I’ve completed all quests and puzzles in the next zone I have THREE missing customization items. I am afraid to even try for them at this point.

Do the odds get worse in finding those as you level up? Or am I just remarkably unlucky?

Flag Post

In general you’ll spend more energy to get the same results if you’re overleveled for the area you’re in, but the Evergreens seem particularly prone to having late customization item drops.

Flag Post

Well, for customization items, you’re naturally in the area that is expected for your level. Puzzle pieces and quest items have been pretty consistant regardless of the level and area. Customization items haven’t though. Are they based on the same principle of odds as the other two?

Flag Post

You’d be surprised how way off people can be re: levels – we’ve had a level 60+ in the hills (note: Not the snowy mountains. I mean they weren’t even at the desert) before, which totally threw off their odds.

All the odds in each area are set individually – sometimes the balance can be a little off. We’ve actually heard from people that they weren’t happy with the Haunted Forest’s drop rates and it was such a universal experience that we’ve adjusted them accordingly. The Evergreens are a common, but not universal tricky spot, so we’re leaving them!

Flag Post

Sounds good, but please consider doing the same for The Sickened Stream. That is where I am missing three after finishing the rest of the zone.

Flag Post

When I say “The Haunted Forest was adjusted”, I mean the entire Haunted Forest, Sickened Stream included! They should come along much more quickly now.

Flag Post

IMO, the point of the game is completing the quests and puzzles, while the customization items feel like extras. So it’s extremely frustrating to spend ages searching for one of these extras after I’ve finished the storyline parts of an area. Have you considered raising the drop rate for customization items once everything else in an area is completed?