Sensible requests for improvements /changes to game

237 posts

Flag Post

People seem to have suggestions / things they want out of the game. here is a place to put them. Please keep them sensible/realistic.

some i have seen mentioned:

-A ‘select x random friends button’ on the energy packs or other request screens
-A way to show who is inactive on the request screen, similar to on the friend whacks page (although i asked npom and this was said to be hard to implement…..)
-A permanent level cap. currently if there are 2 more zones to be added then i believe you could do them all and come out at about level 80-83ish, and with flux could up it to 85-86. Having a level cap that is really high is pointless, a few people have stated that a level 100 level cap would be suitable. [Higher levels reduce drop rate]
-the compass being removed, it serves no purpose and is a bit confusing
-make it so only you can remove the trees and stuff from purchased land
-search friend request by name or something

Flag Post

Just a note, I’m only level 19, so it’s possible some of these things exist later in the game and I just don’t know about it.

-We need an easier way to request for friends to help on our farms.
-Upgradable houses
-Weekly events that reward users with rare items.
-Ranch items that we can interact with; similar to the farm, but without needing the help of friends.
-Weapons that actually impact the amount of energy that you use, change your whacking powers, or give some sort of increase to finding items.
-All customization items should have some effect on the character besides just changing the look. The effects can range from affecting energy consumption to decreasing farming times.
-Auto fishing would be nice. It gets pretty boring sitting there clicking the button over and over again.
-Some fishing items that increase the amount of items you find. For example, a fishing net allows you to catch 3 things as opposed to the 1 thing you can catch with a fishing rod.
-Decrease the 5 day limit for the Call A Friend option. 5 days is way too long. Perhaps 1-2 days is more reasonable.
-Higher experience for completing the quests. I’ve been getting around 50 exp for my quests at level 18. Quests should give lots of exp or at least varying exp. The quests could give double experience at the rate it is now and it wouldn’t negatively impact the game economy.

Flag Post

Houses were upgrade-able in BushWhacker 1 so that will probably come in time. Also if they upgrade the game the same as in bush whacker 1 the level cap will go up as new areas are added to the game. The 5 day wait for call a friends is more than reasonable considering that you can have an unlimited number of friends. Part of the reason why some people are completing the game but at only mid range levels is because of this. So decreasing the wait limit would negativity affect the game economy.

The other stuff to me is negligible and wouldn’t add any improvement to the game. This isn’t a farming game so I doubt anything will come of interactive farm things. What is there is good enough although the mechanics could be tweeked.

Flag Post

How did I completely miss this topic until now? Sorry guys.

To anybody doesn’t already know me from the chat, I work for DJArts as a community manager so my job is to relay feedback like this back to the team. I’m going to add all of your suggestions to my report tonight.

Just FYI: a ranch update (including upgradeable houses) and updates to the friend bar are high on our list of priorities.

Also, xanatha, at the moment we have no plans to make customization items which affect drop rates/whacking powers/etc. People seem to respond very positively to having the ability to customize their outfit and we’ve been told in the past that people don’t like to be limited to a specific look for the sake of stats. That will remain under the jurisdiction of the trinkets!

Flag Post

Getting XP for fishing would be great.

Flag Post

It would also be nice to be able to sell trinkets. (though I’m only Level 18, so I might have just not figured it out yet.)

Flag Post

The ability to swiftly browse through the friend list would be great, or a drop down list where you can visit a friend farm similar to how you ask them for help with various things would be great. As it currently stands, the ones whose farm is easiest to visit is the ones with the highest level, and browsing through the friend list takes a lot of time (for me, several seconds per person), so it becomes more annoying than it should be to help those of lower levels with farm work.

Flag Post

I’ve been whacking more than 30-40 times (I mean using energy + mana + friend whack) and i still miss the last item on map twice in a row. I finish all puzzle 100% and the customiztion item waste my bush whack. If you need certain amount of bush whack to pass a map after finishing the puzzle, the puzzle odd rating+ item added is nonsense. cuz even if you finish the puzzle, you still can’t finish the map and go to next area, this waste a lot of bush whack. Plz fixed this or the game become bored. And the customization items should not affect the progress of the map cuz i have 100% puzzle solved.

Flag Post

Fishing for exp would be nice, 1 exp on cast would be sufficient.

Quest rewards need to be scaled for level as they are beyond pointless past level 50. Additionally Crop quests requiring the lowest level crops makes them unappealing, a mix of requests for energy or cash crops might work better.

Trinkets need an overhaul. I understand the need for an open ended system however my trinkets have degraded to the point that I often do not feel there impact on my play. If the problem is only felt on the high end for players in the Flux then perhaps an overhaul of the Flux reward system would work better to address this. The concern that I have is that any system I can think of is complex and would take time away from expanding the game in other ways. That being said bringing up a problem and not providing a solution is not helpful.

Flux concept. Once the puzzle is completed you receive a flux token that can be sold for gold or used to make an upgraded item. There can be a sliding scale of how many tokens it takes to make the upgrade as combined items could take more then one token. If desired you can have the next Flux only accept previous Flux tokens for gold.

Crafting items. Old crafting items are useless so make a system for turning them into consumable stuff. Could be gold, whacking robots, cyborging Mookey, anything. We could pay the Tinkersmith so he can do his own research and come up with new plans based on crafting supply gems and gold. This would also increase the usefulness of gems.

Nate daily quest. Nate is a treasure hunter right so give us a daily quest where we pay Nate in gems to find us random stuff. It could have a set of items that once completed gives us gold. This would help make Nate seem like less of a fool, or at least more likable as I believe he is supposed to be a likable fool. This quest could be suspended during one of Nates Adventures.

Flag Post

I would love to have a way to obtain snack bags when there is no event available. I think this would more than make up for the capped FW. The magic beans work similarly to the snack bags, but only show up on occasion (and then you have to wait for them to grow!). Snack bags are earned, darnit! Maybe put that creepy clown to use when there are no events….

Flag Post
Originally posted by lotrgeek:

It would also be nice to be able to sell trinkets. (though I’m only Level 18, so I might have just not figured it out yet.)

Originally posted by Kiradawea:

The ability to swiftly browse through the friend list would be great, or a drop down list where you can visit a friend farm similar to how you ask them for help with various things would be great. As it currently stands, the ones whose farm is easiest to visit is the ones with the highest level, and browsing through the friend list takes a lot of time (for me, several seconds per person), so it becomes more annoying than it should be to help those of lower levels with farm work.

These two suggestions are definitely on our “to do” list!

Originally posted by lotrgeek:

Getting XP for fishing would be great.

That’s pretty unlikely to happen. Otherwise fishing would have to be a very limited action, because otherwise you could do it indefinitely until you leveled up so you can use a full bar of energy. The fishing balance right now is about what we like.

Originally posted by TheZeu:

I would love to have a way to obtain snack bags when there is no event available. I think this would more than make up for the capped FW. The magic beans work similarly to the snack bags, but only show up on occasion (and then you have to wait for them to grow!). Snack bags are earned, darnit! Maybe put that creepy clown to use when there are no events….

Snack bags will be remaining event-only for now. We don’t actually want people to progress at the speed that they were when friend whacks were unlimited. We need time to make more areas for you guys so you don’t wait forever in the flux! Farming and fishing are the source of bonus energy between events for now.

And Hermeus, I’ve reported all your suggestions to the team, thanks very much for the ideas.

Flag Post

Thanks for the response NPOM. (just noticed you capitilized your username. good choice =) )

Flag Post

I would like to express my agreeal when it comes to quest rewards feeling somewhat lacking. While 100 xp were great the first five or so levels, now it feels very much like a drop in the ocean and I am barely in the 30s. As it is, I view it to be free xp and gold, but obviously I would prefer more than just a token reward.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheZeu:

Thanks for the response NPOM. (just noticed you capitilized your username. good choice =) )

That’s what I’m here for! (Yep! I’m making positive life choices. ;))

I would like to express my agreeal when it comes to quest rewards feeling somewhat lacking. While 100 xp were great the first five or so levels, now it feels very much like a drop in the ocean and I am barely in the 30s. As it is, I view it to be free xp and gold, but obviously I would prefer more than just a token reward.

Thanks for the feedback! 8)

Flag Post

I think I know a good way to fix my largest gripe with this game – when some of my “friends” chop down then trees that I would rather keep on my property, or harvest crops that are fully grown, when I might not want to collect the rewards at that time. Instead of just avoiding their help bubble, would it be possible to decline the help? Still allow the friends to earn the little coin and energy, but not commit whatever havoc they are wreaking on my ranch?

Thanks!

Flag Post

On a related note, why do we have to accept friend help for fertilizing (not harvesting) crops? There’s no downside, so of course I want my crop growth sped up. But since I only check on my crops when the counter says they’re ready to harvest, I don’t get the benefit of friend helps. All they do is help me harvest them, which really isn’t all that helpful, and as TheZeu pointed out, can sometimes be detrimental. It would be great if you made fertilizing a different type of action from harvesting, and made it automatically accepted.

Flag Post

TheZeu and tkaa, both your suggestions are part of our considerations for the ranch update which will be the next update after the Christmas event goes live. 8)

Flag Post

How about a sort of karma system where you gain favor with the NPCs for the amounts of repeatable quests you do for them? Maybe higher rewards/access to items with repeated completions since it’s already being counted

Flag Post

I would that you could buy or request for bottles of mana/energy like the energy packs

Flag Post

and why the cup is the rankings button, it wouldn’t be better the medal ?(i’m italian so sorry if my english is hard to understand)

Flag Post

I don’t know if this already is so, but I think there’d be neat if there were trinket combines that combine the looking glasses with the gem-boosting crystals that involved changing the looking glass lens to one made from the crystal. They’re both giving somewhat minor boosts that I’ve seen, so it’d be neat to be able to combine their effects so they don’t feel too useless to have.

Flag Post

Cool idea, Aquilz and Duranti!

Originally posted by Duranti398394:

and why the cup is the rankings button, it wouldn’t be better the medal ?(i’m italian so sorry if my english is hard to understand)

It might be because we’re Canadian, that a cup is our symbol of success… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup

I don’t know if this already is so, but I think there’d be neat if there were trinket combines that combine the looking glasses with the gem-boosting crystals that involved changing the looking glass lens to one made from the crystal. They’re both giving somewhat minor boosts that I’ve seen, so it’d be neat to be able to combine their effects so they don’t feel too useless to have.

I have heard this suggested quite a lot. It’s something we’ve got on the backburner. It all depends on how we can integrate it, both from a tech point of view and game balance point of view.

Flag Post

I would like to see a Bush Bucks enables time gate or Tardis (Dr Bush, with his assistant Violet in a Green Police Box as an example) to do old events, usable only when an event is not live of course. This would let us do events that were released before the game was posted on Kong and let us finish up stuff we missed.

For the idea of character resets before the game is “finished” how about sponsoring a JR Bush Whacker where you pay BB to advance them threw the game one chapter at a time with each flux in place until you unlock the next area. Any items that were new could go to the main character. As you level the Jr Whacker they could level as a companion for the main character as well.

Just some random thoughts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hermeus:

I would like to see a Bush Bucks enables time gate or Tardis (Dr Bush, with his assistant Violet in a Green Police Box as an example) to do old events, usable only when an event is not live of course. This would let us do events that were released before the game was posted on Kong and let us finish up stuff we missed.

For the idea of character resets before the game is “finished” how about sponsoring a JR Bush Whacker where you pay BB to advance them threw the game one chapter at a time with each flux in place until you unlock the next area. Any items that were new could go to the main character. As you level the Jr Whacker they could level as a companion for the main character as well.

Just some random thoughts.

Tardis whooshing noises Cool ideas! Thanks!

Flag Post

I would like to have these implemented:

Sword bonuses
You could implement bonuses for swords, for example:
shovel sword “Dirt piles” from quests have a 12.5% chance of using 4 energy, 12.5% chance of using 3 energy, 5% chance of using 2 energy, and 1% chance of using 1 energy, but still can only be whacked if you have 5 or more energy.
mana sword “Mana whacks” have a 12.5% chance of using 3 mana, but need 4 mana to be able to be used.

EDITABLE SIGNS
Please
Maybe crafted at the trinket crafter, with 1 plank from Jim’s Mill, 2 Sharp Chisel, 3 Bent Metal, 1 Crow Feather, 1 Fine powder?

More XP/Gold for quests

Easier BB’s/Gold Maybe not 1% chance of BB’s from bushes, but maybe 1BB/level up, a way to exchange 1 Kred > 1 BB, 5K > 5BB, 10K > 10BB, or a way to PAY BBs/golds to other players?