Friend Whack Cap

49 posts

Flag Post

Hello Bush Whackers!

As some of you might have already heard, we’ve recently decided to institute a cap on the friend whacks you can receive. This is due to the fact that as our game has risen in popularity faster than expected (thank you!) we’ve discovered that the friend whacks system is imbalanced, and has reduced the challenge of the game to the point that friend whacks, and not energy, have become the primary currency that some of our players use. This was never our intention, so we have had to institute a cap to balance the system so energy is once again the preferred currency.

Total friend whacks will now be limited to 100 per week, effective 12:01 a.m. on Monday, November 26th.

We understand that limiting the friend whacks will be frustrating to some players who have grown used to using the original unlimited system. We’ve been striving to hit a balance that’s best for the game mechanics and still provides a good experience for our players, and we think this new system proves to be a good compromise between those two goals.

If you have any concerns or questions about the new friend whacks system, please let us know.

- DJ Arts team

Flag Post

100 per week is too less, 100 per day is ok. I guess some people may quit after this changes. Also, this game is lagging alot and need to refresh every 5-10 mins.

Flag Post

Sigh.

Flag Post

Why would you nerf the olny thing that makes this energy game even remotely playable?

Wait. I know: Money.

I guess I won’t be playing anymore. I guess I should thank you, since it was a huge, grindy time sink for no real reward (not even fun).

(I say that as an obsessive, completist, level 66 player who has spent actual money on the game.)

Thanks!

Flag Post

I actually do not find any fault in this, F*** me right?

Flag Post

the game becomes pointless without this update…..maybe it could be increased to 200 a week, however the general idea is good.

Flag Post

I heard some people talking about maybe making the regeneration of friend whacks longer, instead of limiting the friend whacks.

Flag Post

wow…ya im done now.

Flag Post

Rating for the game has been reduced to 1 Star, effective right now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DiablosDeAngel:

I actually do no not find any fault in this

Completely agree with you. I actually get kinda bored of having to keep clicking that “Friend Whack” button 2 billion times a week…

Flag Post

I really think some people are overreacting to this change. Yes the friend whacks have gotten me out of a pinch (cough secret areas and Nate quests cough), but I am still able to to get several hours of play out of this game each day, with only spare use of the FW. The balance may still need adjustment, and the devs seem to be listening. Really those dropping the rating to one star sounds an awful lot like those who rate one star because it is an energy game.

Flag Post

then what is the point of adding friends if we are limited to only 100 per week to help us kinda bad idea

Flag Post

its so people don’t get to the farthest place possible in a short time…you still need friends for energy packs, and unlocking paths(building bridges, clearing bushes etc)

Flag Post
Originally posted by DJArtsGames:

Hello Bush Whackers!

This is due to the fact that as our game has risen in popularity faster than expected (thank you!) we’ve discovered that the friend whacks system is imbalanced, and has reduced the challenge of the game to the point that friend whacks, and not energy, have become the primary currency that some of our players use. This was never our intention, so we have had to institute a cap to balance the system so energy is once again the preferred currency.

I have no idea how this game has risen popularity faster than expected. lol
Do you check the most people respond post is ‘Add me thread V2’, ‘Add me please (^O^)’, Call a friend!!.
When no one post in forum, no changes at all, when one or two comment on forum like the game set the bush time on a map to get it unlock customization item on my post, then you set a limit? lol
I won’t care who has 200 friend whacker or even more. The only one care maybe they’re already on max lvl or finishing all map and think it’ll lose something maybe competitiveness and check the rank everyday? lol
and login everyday to show off the profile?
and this is a 1 person game except you have to ask friend to help clear rock, etc. if you need more chanllenging, remove friend help, make 500-1000 pieces puzzle for solving. this at least take an hours maybe. and set the time limit for puzzle solve, if you can finish the puzzle at limit time, maybe 30-60 mins, you can advance to next area, if not, try again later.

Flag Post

After playing for a few days with the limited friends whack in place, I have come to the determination that the nerf hammer has hit too hard and a lot of the enjoyment has gone out of the game. Thanks for the time here but I will be spending it elsewhere from now on. If you decide to change this limitation or better yet remove it entirely, I (and others) might return… until then TTFN.

Flag Post

@jessica
That is so painful to read. Please feel free to use some grammar and repost it again.

Flag Post

I think this was a needed change. Bushwhacker should not be a “he who can add the most people wins” type game, which with unlimited whacks it was. 100 a week to me is a fine amount, it could be a few more..I agree with the 25 a day. 25 energy packs a day, 25 friend whacks a day. Energy games are not meant to be played non-stop that is why they use energy. If you are complaining about not being able to play non-stop maybe energy games are not for you.

Flag Post

Have you realized that you have a maximum friend add. That should stop you from getting more than 100 friend whacks because the maximum friends you can get is about 50 therefore you should not be able to get over 100 friend whacks in a week because it takes 5 days for the friend whack TO RELOAD. Therefore the player whack cap limit should not matter.

Flag Post

@fartim
the max is 50?lol no…..check your facts

Flag Post

It has been said in game chat that financial considerations were the main drive behind the friend cap. Inquiring minds want to know, have the devs seen any increase in revenue since instating the cap?

Flag Post
Originally posted by krazyhazy:

It has been said in game chat that financial considerations were the main drive behind the friend cap. Inquiring minds want to know, have the devs seen any increase in revenue since instating the cap?

i think it was so people cant abuse the feature and plow ahead too quickly in the game, some people were getting like 100+ a day….

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1337al:
Originally posted by krazyhazy:

i think it was so people cant abuse the feature and plow ahead too quickly in the game, some people were getting like 100+ a day….

Seems mainly for financial considerations

Originally posted by NPOM:

Simply put: as more people joined Bush Whacker 2, and more people made more friends, everybody started using hundreds (thousands!) of friend calls to extend their playtime, and we saw our revenue take a major hit. The friend call cap is our effort to make it so you guys still get regular friend helps, but it’s still worth peoples’ while to invest financially in the game. That way the Devs still get to eat, and the company can afford to work on the game.

Having said that, we’re still making efforts to work out the perfect balance for the friend whack cap. We want to work with you guys to get this right, and we’d love to hear your concerns and suggestions on what you think the balance would be.

Flag Post

100 per week? Fine, but in compensation, bushes should not be above 1 energy. My current energy generation is 2 every 4min. that’s ONE bush every 8min in the area I’m in (3-4 energy per bush/critter). so with each area needing 72 puzzle pieces and there being 5 such in the dusty incline, that is 360 puzzle pieces which drop for me about 1 in 6 bushes on a good day. so, 360(PP)X6X8 (min per bush)=1720min just for the PP. One area ~29hrs. Without unlimited friend whacks this game would take far too long to hold interest. It already has 0 story. If you make us wait even longer for what little dregs it gives in the building of the commons or what have you then it is doomed.

Flag Post

I guess I hadn’t played in awhile. With items, PP dropping about 1 in 18 bushes. So triple my last estimate to approx. 90hrs with no mana or friend whacks.

Flag Post

Without the friend cap this game would be who can grind the longest…….and who can add the most friends….but think of it this way….100 friends x 4 energy per bush x 6 bushes = thats 2400 free energy if you’re only about 20% through the game…..not to mention the mana you gain……

and aero take into consideration farming and mana….farming can give you the equivlent of a full energy restore, if not more….